+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application refused - ECA not provided

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
I already got AOR, waiting for progress on my application. Now this is worrying,

I have a Graduate degree from Canada, I did not provide ECA for this as it is a Canadian Degree. But I did my Under Graduate degree from India, for which I did not get an ECA as I did not get claim points for this degree.

Do I need to apply for an ECA for my Indian degree? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Ranjith

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're invited to apply under CEC and did NOT claim points for education, then you may not need an ECA For a foreign degree. Note that they may invite you to apply under FSW even if you qualify for CEC (this was my case), in which case you'll need ECA.

If your higher degree is a Canadian degree (e.g. Masters or pad) then I believe you do not need an ECA for for other degrees (bachelors).

Hope that helps

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie_in_NL said:
I eventually figured out how to review the submitted application and think I figured out what happened.

I believed the information did not transfer out from the express entry profile to the application itself. On the EE profile, the ECA is there with all the correct information. On the application, it is answered "no" to the question asking if I have an ECA for this degree.

I probably overlooked this and did not check if all the information was transferred correctly, just assumed it was.
In this case, I believe it would have been refused even if I had uploaded the ECA.

This will cost me 500$ To get all police certificates again, unless I receive another ITA soon. And if takes longer, I may need to redo IELTS or even Medicals, etc...

Right now, I'm hoping this is the only mistake I had done, because I learned my lesson: check and double check everything again and again. Do not assume the information transferred automatically is correct. If you have a friend or colleague you can ask, please have then review it as well before you submit.

Good luck to us all
Remember that police certificates for any country obtained after you left that country the last time are good indefinitely, and only for the country you live in do you have to have one that is less than 6 months old at the time you submit your application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
eddie_in_NL said:
This will cost me 500$ To get all police certificates again, unless I receive another ITA soon.
Not sure if you're aware that the rules for PCCs have recently changed, for the better. It might help -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

Of course, if you live in Canada, no PCC is required for Canada.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ranjk89 said:
I already got AOR, waiting for progress on my application. Now this is worrying,

I have a Graduate degree from Canada, I did not provide ECA for this as it is a Canadian Degree. But I did my Under Graduate degree from India, for which I did not get an ECA as I did not get claim points for this degree.

Do I need to apply for an ECA for my Indian degree? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Ranjith
No

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
eddie_in_NL said:
If you're invited to apply under CEC and did NOT claim points for education, then you may not need an ECA For a foreign degree. Note that they may invite you to apply under FSW even if you qualify for CEC (this was my case), in which case you'll need ECA.

If your higher degree is a Canadian degree (e.g. Masters or pad) then I believe you do not need an ECA for for other degrees (bachelors).

Hope that helps
Thanks for your response.

I believe the same, just wanted to make sure. And if needed I will at least start applying for ECA rather than waiting to apply after rejection.

Fingers crossed.

MCB19

Mar 15, 2015
ranjk89 said:
Thanks for your response.

I believe the same, just wanted to make sure. And if needed I will at least start applying for ECA rather than waiting to apply after rejection.

Fingers crossed.
eddie_in_NL said:
Hi,

I've submitted my application yesterday, today i received the following message:

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has assessed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Proof of education
You must submit an Education Credential Assessment (ECA) to support your Education documents.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete."

I do not understand what went wrong. I had an ECA done and entered the number in the system, otherwise i would not have the points to qualify for the ITA. They never requested a copy of the ECA to be submitted, so i don't understand this message.

I've a Master's degree and have only done the ECA for this degree, as this is the highest one and the one responsible for giving me the points. Should i have done for the BSc as well ?

I did not provide an ECA for my wife, but did not claim any points either. Would that be the reason ? (in which case, what should i have done ?)

Does anyone have any idea what could have gone wrong ?

Is there anyway i can check ? Should i submit a case specific enquiry ? what are my chances of success ?

I'm extremely disappointed as it took me almost 2 months to collect all the documents, and apparently my only option is to enter the pool again and hope the scores drop again (had 465, now 460 due to my birthday). If i'm not invited soon, will have to gather all police certificates again :(

any help is most appreciated
Thank u eddi_in_NL for ur reply atleast i get less worries now,since a LOT of pipol has been refused for some reason and some got lucky for there officer requesting additional doc's for there missing docs.
It really eased My worries now.

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Not sure if you're aware that the rules for PCCs have recently changed, for the better. It might help -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

Of course, if you live in Canada, no PCC is required for Canada.
At least a bit of good news.... Thank you for sharing

What about police certificates that have an expiry date on them ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie_in_NL said:

If you've never returned to that country and the PCC has expired, it still doesn't matter. You can submit the same.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder if the new rules also apply to traffic history reports required for the Victorian and Queensland states of Australia - I would assume so but with CIC I hate to assume anything.

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you're kidding! ECA for you would be the most important thing. can you resubmit?

alessandroV

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Hi guys,
i'm new in this chat as I received my ITA on the last draw. So sorry for what happened to eddie_in_NL, i hurt for him, but so helpuf for all of us. every single stupid question in the application could take huge demages... About that, can anybody clear some doubt of mine? Do I have to translate, done by a recognized agency, all of my documents written in italian? They ask me a letter of employment. I assumed they are talking about my job at this moment, isn't it? If so i'm the company owner i work for, so what do I should provide them?

Any suggestion will be appreciated

good luck to everyone of you, especially eddie_in_NL!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
eddie_in_NL said:

CIC makes its own rules, so "expiry dates" set by other countries are not considered.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
alessandroV said:
Do I have to translate, done by a recognized agency, all of my documents written in italian?

Yes. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

They ask me a letter of employment. I assumed they are talking about my job at this moment, isn't it?

Is your ITA for FSW, CEC, or FST? If it's FSW or FST, its for ALL skilled employment over the past 10 years. If it's CEC, it's for skilled employment in Canada for the past 3 years.

If so i'm the company owner i work for, so what do I should provide them?

Again, read - no, memorize - this information - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income, and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Good luck to you!