+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Natalia_M

Jul 20, 2021
I have an employment question: Since COVID-19, my husband started working from home (he is full-time, not a contract). The company stopped renting the office from January 1, 2021, and he changed the position with this company in January 2021. What address should I put?
I can not put the old address since the office is no longer exist. I am not sure that home address makes sense.
Does anybody have the same problem?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have an employment question: Since COVID-19, my husband started working from home (he is full-time, not a contract). The company stopped renting the office from January 1, 2021, and he changed the position with this company in January 2021. What address should I put?
I can not put the old address since the office is no longer exist. I am not sure that home address makes sense.
Does anybody have the same problem?
Put the old address for the period the old address was still valid. From the day the company stopped renting the office, use the home address.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Will moving from one province to another delay application processing ? May be because they may transfer file to different office according to new address ? Just wondering.
@rajkamalmohanram
Possible but with a couple of applicants who moved to jurisdictions of other offices (including other provinces), their "event office" was still the old office. Not sure if the file transfer will happen in your case though. If you are moving within the GTA (and you currently live in the GTA), file transfers usually don't happen.

Reactions: Momo2010

Canada_dream_2016

Jan 6, 2016
Hello All,

I submitted a family application in Sep 2020. Yesterday, got an update for my wife in the new tracker which shows all stages are completed except oath. Old ECAS shows 'Decision made' for her.

However, my file still shows 'background check' and 'citizenship test' completed. Other stages are still in-progress.

Since both of us always got all prior updates on same day, including fingerprinting and completion of background check, I am bit worried why my status didn't get changed yesterday.

Any idea if it is normal to get updates for 'language/prohibitions/physical presence' on different dates for husband and wife in a family application? Does it mean we will eventually have separate oath dates?

Thanks,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello All,

I submitted a family application in Sep 2020. Yesterday, got an update for my wife in the new tracker which shows all stages are completed except oath. Old ECAS shows 'Decision made' for her.

However, my file still shows 'background check' and 'citizenship test' completed. Other stages are still in-progress.

Since both of us always got all prior updates on same day, including fingerprinting and completion of background check, I am bit worried why my status didn't get changed yesterday.

Any idea if it is normal to get updates for 'language/prohibitions/physical presence' on different dates for husband and wife in a family application? Does it mean we will eventually have separate oath dates?

Thanks,
This is normal. You might see the update on your application soon. All the best!

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello, I'm starting an online application and had these questions, would appreciate insights
  • Street number & Street name are two different fields and street number is optional : Is the street number house number? If address is 1234 street name. Is house number 1234 considered street number?
  • Addresses: Online application doesn't allow any gaps. I have around 20 days (10 days travel and 10 days airbnb) when moving from US to Canada and this happens to fall under 5 year eligibility period. What should i do in this case? I can specify AirBnb address but what do i do about the travel (drove cross country)?
  • History of immigration and citizenship status: Are the dates from Visa to be used or the actual stay? For example, a Mexican visitor visa was issued for 6 months but the actual stay was only for 4 days.

Shore1

May 23, 2021
Hello, I'm starting an online application and had these questions, would appreciate insights
  • Street number & Street name are two different fields and street number is optional : Is the street number house number? If address is 1234 street name. Is house number 1234 considered street number?
  • Addresses: Online application doesn't allow any gaps. I have around 20 days (10 days travel and 10 days airbnb) when moving from US to Canada and this happens to fall under 5 year eligibility period. What should i do in this case? I can specify AirBnb address but what do i do about the travel (drove cross country)?
  • History of immigration and citizenship status: Are the dates from Visa to be used or the actual stay? For example, a Mexican visitor visa was issued for 6 months but the actual stay was only for 4 days.
  • Yes in your case 1234 will be street number. If you were in an apartment, it would've been 100 (Unit no.) 111 (Street No.) ABC Street, Toronto...
  • Not sure about the second point.
  • I believe it should be the issuance and expiry dates

Reactions: Samoinp

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
  • Yes in your case 1234 will be street number. If you were in an apartment, it would've been 100 (Unit no.) 111 (Street No.) ABC Street, Toronto...
  • Not sure about the second point.
  • I believe it should be the issuance and expiry dates
For the second point, simply mentioning your residential address for the period of your short trips would suffice.

Good luck.

Reactions: Samoinp

Anyone who is submitting the online application or can anyone guide me on pixel size of the picture. The maximum image size given there is 420x540 pixel. The digital photo I got is much bigger. What do you suggest? I found this thread (1) Urgent Question: Photo Specifications for Online Citizenship Application | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)
Same thing happened to me. I just resized it to meet x540 height in a photo editor (the width came in under 420 at 385 to maintain the aspect ratio).

The form says it has to be a maximum of 420x540, so I figured it should be fine :)

Shore1

May 23, 2021
Same thing happened to me. I just resized it to meet x540 height in a photo editor (the width came in under 420 at 385 to maintain the aspect ratio).

The form says it has to be a maximum of 420x540, so I figured it should be fine :)
Thanks! I am thinking of uploading both the original and the resized as the receipt I got from the photographer states the original size. It really is a pain to waste time on such trivial things.

Reactions: 8494193
Sep 4, 2021
I have been a PR for 3 years and I am planning to apply for citizenship next month. I had moved to Canada from the US to become a PR. During the last 4 years, I had spent more than 183 days in the US before becoming a PR. I had provided the PCC for US during the PR application.

I visited US a few times after becoming PR (total of less than 2 weeks). Do I need to get a new PCC for US? Please advise.