Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
first 13-02-2012 second 16-04-2012
Nomination.....
PER 25-04-2012
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
I am FSW applicant MI3, I received this letter from Vienna visa office on May 14th:

"Applications are processed in accordance with administrative processing priorities and the date of their receipt at this office. You will be informed about the further steps in your application in approximately 4-7 months. However, this is an estimate only. Processing times may vary, depending upon whether any additional documentation or an interview is required, the time required for medical examinations and changes in workload at this office.
We ask that you not request a status report until at least 7 months have elapsed since you received our letter acknowledging receipt of your completed application for permanent residence."

Since May 14th passed almost 5 months, I still hope they will contact me until this 7 months. What are you thinking guys, can you predict when Vienna will contact me and all of us waiting applicants??

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Hello Trying,

I also got the same letter on the same day with similar content. I believe that Vienna would respond within the 7month timeline that is given in the letter and I have a reason.
I did some research on canada immigration statistics, u too can look it up here data.gc.ca u can navigate thru several excel spreadsheet pages and compare and contrast figures here and there to see what is actually going on.

I believe u are MI-3. For MI-3, as at June 30 2012, Vienna has processed 23 cases, refused 9 with an approval rate of 72% London 132 cases, refused 23 and so on. If you compare that with other visa offices in Africa and S. America, most have not even started to process MI-3 at all. that means Vienna is one the VO's that are ahead of the game with an exception of New Delhi that have processed an incredible 800+ of MI-3 so far. The total FSW application in Vienna office is around 150 or thereabout so if at this moment, they have started processing and have processed 32 cases then it means its getting close. They process in batches, which implies that you and I fall under the same batch and we'd likely get MR at the same time. If we had so many Vienna FSW applicants on this thread, we would have known 1 or 2 that have gotten an MR.

That's my submission and good luck to us all.

LuckOnFriday

Oct 13, 2012
Hi together

I guess, we all have some experience from Vienna office :)
1st time, I have sent my documents for TRV per post and on the 20th day I have received mail with my passport back that I am not "good enough" to visit Canada.
So, I managed to visit their office in Vienna. They have made a copy of my passport, because I wasn't able to leave it there (I had to return back with it)
There have been 15 working days past, and still no info from the Embassy...no mail, no e-mail, no phone call. Btw, in Vienna in person, the process is 10 working days.
Now, my question is...does somebody have same experience like mine? Does this mean that my documents are in process and they will give me a visa...because till now, everybody that have experience with their documents to be late, got a visa.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Normally, in person TRV submission is 15 days, not 10 days anymore. However the timing is not always accurate. Ity can take much more time and they are not in the habit of contacting applicants. Advisably send them an email and explain exactly what the problem is, write URGENT as the subject of ur email otherwise they would not reply. Be sure that ur inquiries in that mail is complete. If u attempt to ask further question by sending another mail after ur 1st inquiry have been answered, they might not reply anymore believing that ur inquiry has already been treated.

trying

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
PER 25-04-2012
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Guys, just to inform you I got information that Vienna sent PPR at first week of October to family which got MR on 05th March...so they are working...keep faith

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Ok good to know but that took too long. 7 months to get PPR after MR. They are working as if they are not working, were they FSW?

trying

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
PER 25-04-2012
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Yup they were FSW, seems like shut down of Berlin caused pause to everybody`s cases even people with MR in pocket. If we know pause is over, we can expect our turn in next 2 months.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
trying said:
Yup they were FSW, seems like shut down of Berlin caused pause to everybody`s cases even people with MR in pocket. If we know pause is over, we can expect our turn in next 2 months.
Let's hope for that ;)

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
hello evrybody

does anybody knows what is going own with Vienna Office m from October 18 my ecas is in Process, does anybody know how long will be

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
europe said:
hello evrybody

does anybody knows what is going own with Vienna Office m from October 18 my ecas is in Process, does anybody know how long will be
To answer your questions: no and no ;)

It seems that Vienna has slowed down dramatically since they took over the other VOs in may. Until then they were pretty quick (there was one MI3 FSW1 applicant who got his/her DM and Visa after less then 6 months in february 2012). In a response to a CSE they said "maybe this autumn" - well, let's see ...

Doni

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna Office
NOC Code......
2264 Construction Inspector
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Medical results have been received 17.10.2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Desperately Waiting...
Hi,
does anyone knows how long does it take CIC to send docs to the VO, after receiving the PER and what are the next steps?

Thanks in advance,,,

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Doni said:
Hi,
does anyone knows how long does it take CIC to send docs to the VO, after receiving the PER and what are the next steps?

Thanks in advance,,,
You can probably expect an AOR within 4-8 weeks (after your PER). However, there were cases in the past without an AOR from Vienna.
The next step will be
(1) Medical Request and possibly a request for additional documents, maybe an interview,
(2) RPRF-request and finally
(3) Passport request (unless you are visa-exempt, in which case you will only get an COPR).

Processing times vary ::)
Isn't that the truth. There was one MI-3 FSW-1 applicant, who received his/her visa after less then 6 months in february 2012. But - as you can see from my timeline, the waiting time can be much longer. However, this was probably due to Vienna taking over several other VOs in may 2012 and getting reorganized.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
BC2013 said:
You can probably expect an AOR within 4-8 weeks (after your PER). However, there were cases in the past without an AOR from Vienna.
The next step will be
(1) Medical Request and possibly a request for additional documents, maybe an interview,
(2) RPRF-request and finally
(3) Passport request (unless you are visa-exempt, in which case you will only get an COPR).

Processing times vary ::)
Isn't that the truth. There was one MI-3 FSW-1 applicant, who received his/her visa after less then 6 months in february 2012. But - as you can see from my timeline, the waiting time can be much longer. However, this was probably due to Vienna taking over several other VOs in may 2012 and getting reorganized.
...and added to that, all the VOs are returning the pre '08 applicant's fee back. That is some workload and it might also be another reason why FSW processing is delayed.