Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
1) I think it should be your name but I'm not sure.
2) I think the answer should be yes (I have master's in Canada so my case was different)
3) RA/TA is not full time work, so the answer is No.
4) I put them separately.

hujinlang said:
I am applying the PhD Stream with my spouse. I have some questions. Hopefully someone can help us ASAP.

1. Form "Additional Family Information" for spouse, Section A. The blank for application should be my name (principle applicant) or my spouse's name.

2. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 8, Study in Canada.According to the explanation:

"Check the appropriate boxes to indicate whether you or, if applicable, your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have previously completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary institution in Canada."

I just have finished 2 years of my PhD study and had never studied in Canada before. What should I choose? Should I choose "yes"? Because I have finished 2 years of academic study. But according to some explanation, the full-time study should be at least 15 hours per week and I don't think it works for a PhD student as we just have 4 courses in 4 years.....

3. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 9, Work in Canada. I just only have TA&RA experience in Canada within this two years, should I choose "yes"?

4. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 12, Your work experience. Should I put RA and TA in one occupation? Because TA and RA have different duties.

Thanks.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Hi guys. I got a lot of help from this forum to prepare my documents and my applications, I filled case and yesterday I got PER and they transferred my file to visa office for further processing. Kindly add my information to spread sheet.

Applied: 20 June 2014.
PER : 21 Sep 2014

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

1. Additional family information form for Spouse, the Spouse name MUST be written in the applicant, and your name will be written as accompanying spouse. Please make sure you put your name as Applicant in the form you are signing and your spouse name as applicant in the form She/He is signing. I had my application returned once in the past because the CIO officer could not identify which family information form was for me and which one was for my Spouse. This is the only way they have to know which one is for each of the applicants. You don't need to write your name as applicant in both forms (Yours and your spouse form), because in the Generic Form you had already stated that you are the principal applicant. I know its confusion but that's the way it is.

2. Select YES and provide evidence of having completed at least 2 years of your PhD. Enrollment letter plus PhD attestation letter would suffice.

3. If the work experience gained as TA and RA complete One Year of Full Time Work, then select YES and provide reference letters to support that.

4. Yes, RA and TA as one occupation, within the same NOC 4012. Make a summary of duties matching both of them. Remember the full name of NOC 4012 is Graduate Research and Teaching Assistants. However, the reference letters MUST clearly define what semester you were TAing and what semester you were RAing.

Best luck!

hujinlang said:
I am applying the PhD Stream with my spouse. I have some questions. Hopefully someone can help us ASAP.

1. Form "Additional Family Information" for spouse, Section A. The blank for application should be my name (principle applicant) or my spouse's name.

2. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 8, Study in Canada.According to the explanation:

"Check the appropriate boxes to indicate whether you or, if applicable, your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have previously completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary institution in Canada."

I just have finished 2 years of my PhD study and had never studied in Canada before. What should I choose? Should I choose "yes"? Because I have finished 2 years of academic study. But according to some explanation, the full-time study should be at least 15 hours per week and I don't think it works for a PhD student as we just have 4 courses in 4 years.....

3. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 9, Work in Canada. I just only have TA&RA experience in Canada within this two years, should I choose "yes"?

4. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 12, Your work experience. Should I put RA and TA in one occupation? Because TA and RA have different duties.

Thanks.

belq33

Jun 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

I got a passport request on September 26 and sent them my passport, which they received on September 30. I still haven't received my passport back. I have a tracking number but it appears they haven't mailed it yet. Should I be worried?

How can I contact them to inquire about this situation?

Thanks!

factplay

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Be worried man :D
I'm worried too
Mine is exactly the same as yours
Did you send it using Xpresspost?

Based on what I've seen here and there, I guess they are gonna send ours either this week or next week.
Please let us know if you received your passport anytime.

belq33 said:
Hi everyone,

I got a passport request on September 26 and sent them my passport, which they received on September 30. I still haven't received my passport back. I have a tracking number but it appears they haven't mailed it yet. Should I be worried?

How can I contact them to inquire about this situation?

Thanks!

belq33

Jun 23, 2013
Yes, I used Xpresspost. I just sent them an email asking about it but I'm pretty sure they won't reply.
I'll definitely post here when I get it back. You do the same?
When did they receive yours?

factplay said:
Be worried man :D
I'm worried too
Mine is exactly the same as yours
Did you send it using Xpresspost?

Based on what I've seen here and there, I guess they are gonna send ours either this week or next week.
Please let us know if you received your passport anytime.

hujinlang

Oct 21, 2014
pepe84 said:
Hello,

1. Additional family information form for Spouse, the Spouse name MUST be written in the applicant, and your name will be written as accompanying spouse. Please make sure you put your name as Applicant in the form you are signing and your spouse name as applicant in the form She/He is signing. I had my application returned once in the past because the CIO officer could not identify which family information form was for me and which one was for my Spouse. This is the only way they have to know which one is for each of the applicants. You don't need to write your name as applicant in both forms (Yours and your spouse form), because in the Generic Form you had already stated that you are the principal applicant. I know its confusion but that's the way it is.

2. Select YES and provide evidence of having completed at least 2 years of your PhD. Enrollment letter plus PhD attestation letter would suffice.

3. If the work experience gained as TA and RA complete One Year of Full Time Work, then select YES and provide reference letters to support that.

4. Yes, RA and TA as one occupation, within the same NOC 4012. Make a summary of duties matching both of them. Remember the full name of NOC 4012 is Graduate Research and Teaching Assistants. However, the reference letters MUST clearly define what semester you were TAing and what semester you were RAing.

Best luck!
Thank you very much. That's really helpful!

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Just realized that the CBSA officer gave me both copies of CO-PR at the border! Guess that explains why I do not have my card yet. What am I supposed to do!

factplay

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
I received the PPR on 26th, and sent them on the same day, delivered on 1st of Oct. I used Xpresspost and still waiting.
I'll let you know if anything happens here.

belq33 said:
Yes, I used Xpresspost. I just sent them an email asking about it but I'm pretty sure they won't reply.
I'll definitely post here when I get it back. You do the same?
When did they receive yours?

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
I recieved an email from cic asking for police certificate, medical exam and RPRF. In particular, the email says:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

In the meanwhile, my manager has also offered me a full-time position upon my graduation. Do you think it's a good idea to get an arranged employment letter from my manager and submit it along with the police certificate? Or it's better not to submit any additional documents?

Also, I got a silly question. To which address I should send the police certificate? The address which is mentioned at the end of the email?
Thanks in advance.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
The arranged employment won't help security/medical that are the only remaining steps of your visa application. There is no point in sending that!

Original police certificates should be sent to this address, if your application is being processed at CPP-Ottawa:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

(link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp)

pyzdfr said:
I recieved an email from cic asking for police certificate, medical exam and RPRF. In particular, the email says:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

In the meanwhile, my manager has also offered me a full-time position upon my graduation. Do you think it's a good idea to get an arranged employment letter from my manager and submit it along with the police certificate? Or it's better not to submit any additional documents?

Also, I got a silly question. To which address I should send the police certificate? The address which is mentioned at the end of the email?
Thanks in advance.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
PhdStream said:
I received PPR on Oct 6 ... and sent yesterday using Xpresspost ...
A big Congradulation :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You got PER on Sept 21st or October 21st? Please clarify this!

blackrock said:
Hi guys. I got a lot of help from this forum to prepare my documents and my applications, I filled case and yesterday I got PER and they transferred my file to visa office for further processing. Kindly add my information to spread sheet.

Applied: 20 June 2014.
PER : 21 Sep 2014