+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Hi All,

I finished my PhD degree and moved to another province for work.
How can I inform the CPP-Ottawa immigration office of my new address, title, job etc.?

Thanks

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
Viva2014 said:
I have seen some applicants sent their application to a wrong address(i.e. wrong category address). If the address you sent is the same as the address for PR application (same building) and only the P.O.Box is different, probably they will deliver it to the proper section in that building. Otherwise, not quite sure about that. If I were you, I would ask the MP of my city to contact CIO by email to check if your file is with them or not.
Thanks for your response Viva2014. What is MP?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
aska-phd said:
Hi All,

How can I inform the CPP-Ottawa immigration office of my new address, title, job etc.?

Thanks
Hi,

This is from CIC website:
"You can e-mail CIC at (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) if any of your personal information changes such as a:

change in your marital status,
birth or death in your family, or
change in your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada.**

**If you reside in Canada, you must use the CIC’s online form to change your contact information."

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
aska-phd said:
Hi All,

Thanks
This is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

go to "Frequently asked questions" section.

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for your reply.

what about the new status (work permit) and the new job, I was student when I applied? Should I inform them and how?

Regards

Viva2014 said:
Hi,

This is from CIC website:
"You can e-mail CIC at (CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca) if any of your personal information changes such as a:

change in your marital status,
birth or death in your family, or
change in your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada.**

**If you reside in Canada, you must use the CIC's online form to change your contact information."

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Guys!

I got my Passport back with PR visa and COPR documents today. Almost end of the PR journey. Going to land at US-Canada Boarder North Portal SK next week.

Thank you everyone for your help throughout the process.

Please update my tracker:

Visa Received: October 21, 2014

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
aska-phd said:
Thanks for your reply.

what about the new status (work permit) and the new job, I was student when I applied? Should I inform them and how?

Regards
It doesnt say anything about the new status but probably it can be informed by the same email or you may also contact via phone and tell them your new status.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, follow what Viva2014 just asked you to do and email them all documents including PGWP (post-grad Work Permit), new address, and also a job title.

Check the link Viva2014 kindly provided you and you will find all steps to follow.

Best luck!

aska-phd said:
Hi All,

Thanks

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats and wish you a safe landing. I see your entire PR process took exactly one year from application filed to Visa issued.

Willbeat said:
Guys!

I got my Passport back with PR visa and COPR documents today. Almost end of the PR journey. Going to land at US-Canada Boarder North Portal SK next week.

Thank you everyone for your help throughout the process.

Please update my tracker:

Visa Received: October 21, 2014

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
pepe84 said:
Congrats and wish you a safe landing. I see your entire PR process took exactly one year from application filed to Visa issued.
Thanks pepe84. Yes it took exactly a year; no more no less.

I also wish you and all who are in this process, a very good luck and smooth journey ahead.

hujinlang

Oct 21, 2014
I am applying the PhD Stream with my spouse. I have some questions. Hopefully someone can help us ASAP.

1. Form "Additional Family Information" for spouse, Section A. The blank for application should be my name (principle applicant) or my spouse's name.

2. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 8, Study in Canada.According to the explanation:

"Check the appropriate boxes to indicate whether you or, if applicable, your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have previously completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary institution in Canada."

I just have finished 2 years of my PhD study and had never studied in Canada before. What should I choose? Should I choose "yes"? Because I have finished 2 years of academic study. But according to some explanation, the full-time study should be at least 15 hours per week and I don't think it works for a PhD student as we just have 4 courses in 4 years.....

3. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 9, Work in Canada. I just only have TA&RA experience in Canada within this two years, should I choose "yes"?

4. Form "Schedule 3-Economic Classes", Question 12, Your work experience. Should I put RA and TA in one occupation? Because TA and RA have different duties.

Thanks.