06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
Hello all,

It's great to see that people are getting their ME and approvement really fast recently. Good luck.

Please update my info:

PPR: Sept. 30
Mail passport to Ottawa: Oct. 1, Xpresspost to carrier address
Ecas status changed to DM: Oct 3.
Visa received: Oct. 14.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please note that in order to qualify for the FSW class under the PhD stream category you MUST have at least 1 year of continuous work experience (full time or the equivalent amount in part time) under the primary occupation you state in your application. If you state NOC 4012 as the primary occupation (TA and RA are considered as one occupation within this NOC), then you must have had at least one year of continuous work experience within this NOC. If there is a gap which breaks down the continuous year (i.e. you work full time in Fall 2012 then part time in Winter 2013 and part time again in Fall 2013), you do not qualify for the FSW PhD stream class. Do not send your application to the CIO if you haven't yet accumulated 1 year of continuous work experience, otherwise it will be rejected without being processed.

ahmedm777 said:
Hi all,

I am preparing my application under PhD stream and I am not sure how I can fill question # 9 on the IMM0008 schedule 3 form "work in Canada" Have you previously worked full time for at least one year in an occupation...."
so I am confused whether TA and RA considered the same job or not as it's the same noc 4012?!

Also I have one year as an RA but it's not continuous like 4 months in a year and 8 months on another year.?

so should I answered yes or no for this question?

One more question, should I write down the time periods for my TA as well as RA on question 12?
I was TA "PART-TIME" in the 1st 8 months on my PhD then 4 months "full-time" as an RA then 4 months as "APART-TIME" then 8 "full-time" months as an RA and now I am a part-time TA

I am rally appreciating your reply as well as your understanding.

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
Hi all,

I have a big issue now.....

Just realize that I mailed my application to the wrong office. Instead of sending it to P.O. Box 8300, Sydney, NS B1P 0B6, I sent the application to the permanent card processing centre, P.O. Box 10020, Sydney, NS B1P 7C1. My application should arrived there on 21 August 2014.

Does anyone how heard about mailing application to the wrong office? Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

P.s. for someone who haven't sent your application out, make sure to read the guideline carefully and send you application in the proper way. Not sure why i can't copy the CIC link here. But you will have to indicate your are applying under the PhD category and also indicate your NOC number on the envelop:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
PhD Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6​
Canada

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call Canada Post or whatever mail agency you booked to send your application. If it was sent by express, you should be able to cancel it before it is delivered.

Best luck and yes I agree everyone must read word by word in the guidance to avoid big mistakes.

RAP_PhD said:
Hi all,

Just realize that I mailed my application to the wrong office. Instead of sending it to P.O. Box 8300, Sydney, NS B1P 0B6, I sent the application to the permanent card processing centre, P.O. Box 10020, Sydney, NS B1P 7C1. My application should arrived there on 21 August 2014.

Does anyone how heard about mailing application to the wrong office? Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

P.s. for someone who haven't sent your application out, make sure to read the guideline carefully and send you application in the proper way. Not sure why i can't copy the CIC link here. But you will have to indicate your are applying under the PhD category and also indicate your NOC number on the envelop:

Federal Skilled Worker
PhD Category
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6​
Canada

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
RAP_PhD said:
Hi all,

Federal Skilled Worker
PhD Category
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6​
Canada
I have seen some applicants sent their application to a wrong address(i.e. wrong category address). If the address you sent is the same as the address for PR application (same building) and only the P.O.Box is different, probably they will deliver it to the proper section in that building. Otherwise, not quite sure about that. If I were you, I would ask the MP of my city to contact CIO by email to check if your file is with them or not.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi pfau,

Glad to hear you got your CoPR. I will provide my answers based on my insights.

1- The way they wrote it, they are referring to more dependents others than the Canadian kids. So you do not have to worry about it.

2- Canadian bank statements showing the minimum amount required for a family (in your case I think a family of 4) will suffice.

3- Same photos as sent in the 1st application package

4- It doesn't matter what port of entry you choose to do the landing procedure. Even Montreal airport is fine if you intend to live outside Quebec.

5- You have to go in person to Service Canada and ask for a new SIN. They will issue the new SIN immediately but the white card will arrive to your mail address within two weeks.

Hope this helps!

pfau said:
Hi All,

Finally just found out today that we have received our Confirmation of Permanent Residency!

While we've been celebrating that, we've also been making a list of things we still don't have answers to. Any help on these would be greatly appreciated:

1. My CoPR lists my wife and then asks "Have you any dependants other than those listed below?" (Hers likewise lists me and asks the same question.) We have two children who were born in Canada and are therefore citizens (and we listed them on our PR application, though of course they weren't 'applying' PR). Therefore, I'm assuming we don't need to list the children in response to those questions about dependants, right? Nor will the kids need to come to the border with us? Nor will they want to see immunization records for the kids?

2. Will Canadian bank statements suffice for any proof of funds requests, or do they have to see the more formal bank letters that were required in the application itself?

3. I assume I'll need to bring the same photos (x2) as we submitted with our application?

4. Although I'm still a Canadian student, I'm currently doing thesis research in the U.S. and the closest border crossing is far away from (and not the same province as) my university; that doesn't matter, does it?

5. Will we be able to access 'Service Canada' services at any port of entry (so we can get our new Social Insurance Numbers) or might we have to go further into the interior (to the next major city, for example)?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

For the admins (i.e. spreadsheet): my CoPR was apparently printed on September 30, but probably didn't arrive our friend's place (who's receiving our mail while we're in the U.S.) until a week later.

Best luck to all going forward.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Viva2014,

If the PO Box and Postal Codes are different, which I think they are, then the building will likely be different. I am not sure what to do in this case.

Viva2014 said:
I have seen some applicants sent their application to a wrong address(i.e. wrong category address). If the address you sent is the same as the address for PR application (same building) and only the P.O.Box is different, probably they will deliver it to the proper section in that building. Otherwise, not quite sure about that. If I were you, I would ask the MP of my city to contact CIO by email to check if your file is with them or not.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Hi Viva2014,

If the PO Box and Postal Codes are different, which I think they are, then the building will likely be different. I am not sure what to do in this case.
Hi Pepe, a building can have several PO Boxes. Not sure if it can have several Postal Codes too.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, from your wording I thought your application had not been delivered yet, but I just realized the date Aug 21st. So I would try to contact the office where you sent your application first to see what they did with the package.

pepe84 said:
Call Canada Post or whatever mail agency you booked to send your application. If it was sent by express, you should be able to cancel it before it is delivered.

Best luck and yes I agree everyone must read word by word in the guidance to avoid big mistakes.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree, but when it comes to different postal codes, it means different locations. If two addresses have different postal codes, then for sure we are talking about two different buildings.

This person sent the application to B1P 7C1 but the CIO is in B1P 0B6. So they are likely in two different places/buildings.

Viva2014 said:
Hi Pepe, a building can have several PO Boxes. Not sure if it can have several Postal Codes too.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
I agree, but when it comes to different postal codes, it means different locations. If two addresses have different postal codes, then for sure we are talking about two different buildings.

This person sent the application to B1P 7C1 but the CIO is in B1P 0B6. So they are likely in two different places/buildings.
Yes, You are right. But they are probably close to each other as both postal codes start with B1P. I believe they have delivered it to the proper section as it has happened for some applicants before.
But I would contact (or ask the MP to contact) both places to make sure everything is alright.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I just checked in the map and they are in the same block, so perhaps both buildings are adjacent. Anyhow, as you said, I would contact them to see if all is OK.

Viva2014 said:
Yes, You are right. But they are probably close to each other as both postal codes start with B1P. I believe they have delivered it to the proper section as it has happened for some applicants before.
But I would contact (or ask the MP to contact) both places to make sure everything is alright.

ahmedm777

Oct 21, 2014
Hi all,

I am preparing my application under PhD stream and I am not sure how I can fill question # 9 on the IMM0008 schedule 3 form "work in Canada" Have you previously worked full time for at least one year in an occupation...."
so I am confused whether TA and RA considered the same job or not as it's the same noc 4012?!

Also I have one year as an RA but it's not continuous like 4 months in a year and 8 months on another year.?

One more question, should I write down the time periods for my TA as well as RA on question 12?
I was TA "PART-TIME" in the 1st 8 months on my PhD then 4 months "full-time" as an RA then 4 months as "APART-TIME" then 8 "full-time" months as an RA and now I am a part-time TA

However, I have continuous years of experience as a TA from my home country.. But I am confused about question # 9.

I am really appreciating your reply as well as your understanding.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a continuous RA/TA work experience from your home country, you can certainly apply. However, the reference letter MUST be rock solid. I strongly recommend you follow the guidelines to write a reference letter. Make sure the NOC 4012, with the lead statement and all duties are well written in your letter, also the salary, period of work and so on. You may also want to include supporting documents to support this letter, such as work contracts from your home institution, the equivalent to a T4 form, and pay stubs you may preserve from when you were TAing/RAing in your home country.

Best luck.

ahmedm777 said:
Hi all,

However, I have continuous years of experience as a TA from my home country.. But I am confused about question # 9.

ahmedm777

Oct 21, 2014
Hi all,