+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
JVD3 said:
Thanks for your reply.
But I thought xpresspost is considered as courier. Cause with PO box I guess you cannot ask for signature. Right?
No it is not a courier. It is regular mail (express service) Also you could ask Canadpost agent before you write the address. Just to be sure.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Fid0 said:
Yes, we need to do a formality called landing either in cic offices with appointmet (usually takes 40 days waiting time) or at any Canadian border. Many choose to flagpole to us and come back but I am nit certain how smooth it is. There are some talks about not being able to do the flagpolling these days...
Thank you Fido for your response.

sa-ha

May 24, 2013
Hi guys,
I have a question. Does anybody know is it necessary to have bank statement for landing? Do we need to meet the minimum money reqiurement in our account for landing as well as the time of application?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
JVD3 said:
Thanks for your reply.
But I thought xpresspost is considered as courier. Cause with PO box I guess you cannot ask for signature. Right?
You can tell the post office to cancel the need for signature and still use the xpresspost.

AprilMosaic

Oct 12, 2014
I used xpresspost with the courier address, which worked fine. It sometimes requires extra fee for asking for a signature.

JVD3 said:
Thanks for your reply.

JVD3

Jan 22, 2014
AprilMosaic said:
I used xpresspost with the courier address, which worked fine. It sometimes requires extra fee for asking for a signature.

I am just coming back from the post office.
The lady in their office said I can send to either PO or courier, but they prefer PO and even pick it up faster.
She even recommended not to use the priority service which delivers in one day.
So, I ended up sending to PO Box address.

Thanks though,

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
sa-ha said:
Hi guys,
I have a question. Does anybody know is it necessary to have bank statement for landing? Do we need to meet the minimum money reqiurement in our account for landing as well as the time of application?
yes, you do need bank statement and enough money for you and your family for an year.

Fat

Oct 20, 2014
xhiddenx said:
Hello All,

Today I have been requested for Medical test as well as RPRF fee. I would appreciate if you could clarify me about following question:

*** Being medical requested means I am already granted 67 points and passed the eligibility assessment?

My Info:

Application Reached CIO: June-02-2014
Cashed: Sep-17-2014
Medical and RPRF requests: Oct-16-2014
Nationality: Iranian
*** This is my second application in PhD stream, my first application rejected May 2014 due to lack of points (66 points)

Congratulations! Did not you receive a file number at all?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
ubc2010 said:
No, I did not.
I check the tracking number as well as my email every 15 Mins. It is too stressful.

I will let you know of any new.
Thanks
You were supposed to send them an Express Canada Post envelop, not a UPS one. Mostly, you'll receive your passport in the regular post.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
ubc2010 said:
Thanks God I RECEIVED MY PASSPORT NOW BY REGULAR MAIL
Congratulations! I just said that before reading your recent news :)

pfau

Nov 18, 2013
Hi All,

Finally just found out today that we have received our Confirmation of Permanent Residency!

While we've been celebrating that, we've also been making a list of things we still don't have answers to. Any help on these would be greatly appreciated:

1. My CoPR lists my wife and then asks "Have you any dependants other than those listed below?" (Hers likewise lists me and asks the same question.) We have two children who were born in Canada and are therefore citizens (and we listed them on our PR application, though of course they weren't 'applying' PR). Therefore, I'm assuming we don't need to list the children in response to those questions about dependants, right? Nor will the kids need to come to the border with us? Nor will they want to see immunization records for the kids?

2. Will Canadian bank statements suffice for any proof of funds requests, or do they have to see the more formal bank letters that were required in the application itself?

3. I assume I'll need to bring the same photos (x2) as we submitted with our application?

4. Although I'm still a Canadian student, I'm currently doing thesis research in the U.S. and the closest border crossing is far away from (and not the same province as) my university; that doesn't matter, does it?

5. Will we be able to access 'Service Canada' services at any port of entry (so we can get our new Social Insurance Numbers) or might we have to go further into the interior (to the next major city, for example)?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

For the admins (i.e. spreadsheet): my CoPR was apparently printed on September 30, but probably didn't arrive our friend's place (who's receiving our mail while we're in the U.S.) until a week later.

Best luck to all going forward.

ahmedm777

Oct 21, 2014
Hi all,

I am preparing my application under PhD stream and I am not sure how I can fill question # 9 on the IMM0008 schedule 3 form "work in Canada" Have you previously worked full time for at least one year in an occupation...."
so I am confused whether TA and RA considered the same job or not as it's the same noc 4012?!

Also I have one year as an RA but it's not continuous like 4 months in a year and 8 months on another year.?

so should I answered yes or no for this question?

One more question, should I write down the time periods for my TA as well as RA on question 12?
I was TA "PART-TIME" in the 1st 8 months on my PhD then 4 months "full-time" as an RA then 4 months as "APART-TIME" then 8 "full-time" months as an RA and now I am a part-time TA

I am rally appreciating your reply as well as your understanding.