+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
chakri264 said:
Finally My PR journey came to an end. Thanks very much to everyone who assisted me throughout the PR process. I have landed an hour ago in Sarnia, Ontario. I drove to the US boarder through blue-water bridge. I have a US visa so I had no problem to go through US home land security. I took a round about and came through the Canadian boarder services. The officer did not ask me any questions or documents. He just took my passport and COPR. After 5 minutes he asked me to sign on the COPR and said "You are a permanent resident now. Welcome to Canada". Thats it. No hassle.
Congrats buddy! Plus one to the list of successes on our forum.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Guys, I have a question.

We all know that after January, new rules would be effective. Is there anybody here who knows if the new system still considers PhD applicants or not?

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
Everyone is here to help, not to misleading. The letter from the employer is never save. That's why there are "incorrect wording" and "we put together the templates". The official, or governmental documents are much saver to prove the hours and payments. But the problem is that some of us do not have enough working hours with taxable income shown on these files. In CEC and FSW categories, work with non-taxable income and an employment letter saying "the applicant actually works more hours" will never work. In our stream, you can play with the wording and try your luck. That's why the letter from the employer is the only thing to relay on for some of us.

In terms of duty, for sure you need the letter with details just like in your templates.

What I was suggested is: if someone has sufficient hours with taxable income, then provide T4/NOA/pay stubs/contracts. Otherwise, these documents will be inconsistent with the arbitrary hours claimed in the employer letter thus should not be included. Consistency of the supporting documents should be the first principle for all the files in one's package.

kg.jadu said:
Please do not mislead people. A strong letter from an adviser (or better, departmental assistant or HR officer) is absolutely sufficient to prove duties and hours. No one on my memory has been rejected on this forum due to not including non-essential documents such as T4 slips. On the other hand, I saw many people rejected due to the incorrect wording of the work experience letter, which is why we put together the templates.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
paraview said:
Everyone is here to help, not to misleading. The letter from the employer is never save. That's why there are "incorrect wording" and "we put together the templates". The official, or governmental documents are much saver to prove the hours and payments. But the problem is that some of us do not have enough working hours with taxable income shown on these files. In CEC and FSW categories, work with non-taxable income and an employment letter saying "the applicant actually works more hours" will never work. In our stream, you can play with the wording and try your luck. That's why the letter from the employer is the only thing to relay on for some of us.

In terms of duty, for sure you need the letter with details just like in your templates.

What I was suggested is: if someone has sufficient hours with taxable income, then provide T4/NOA/pay stubs/contracts. Otherwise, these documents will be inconsistent with the arbitrary hours claimed in the employer letter thus should not be included. Consistency of the supporting documents should be the first principle for all the files in one's package.
Hi Paraview,

Please don't take kg.jadu's reply as offending. He made that comment based on his experience. 95% of the people in this forum did not produce any T4 documents, Payslips, Tax returns or assessments. But yet they got their PR and landed. When we applied it was not mandatory to submit those documents. I am not sure if the regulations changed after May, 2013. It is very good to provide those documents to support your case strong. Your view is correct too. That does not hurt to submit those documents. kg.jadu's comments were based on the past applicants. He did not mean to hurt you. What he meant to say was not to get mislead.

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
No problem. I agreed with his comments and I also learned from this forum before I applied.

The documents are still not mandatory now.

chakri264 said:
Hi Paraview,

Please don't take kg.jadu's reply as offending. He made that comment based on his experience. 95% of the people in this forum did not produce any T4 documents, Payslips, Tax returns or assessments. But yet they got their PR and landed. When we applied it was not mandatory to submit those documents. I am not sure if the regulations changed after May, 2013. It is very good to provide those documents to support your case strong. Your view is correct too. That does not hurt to submit those documents. kg.jadu's comments were based on the past applicants. He did not mean to hurt you. What he meant to say was not to get mislead.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
chakri264 said:
Hi Paraview,

Just wanna share my experience...

I think both kg.jadu and Paraview's opinions are correct in their own respects. I agree that both of them are sharing their own experiences to try to help others. The summary is that we can attempt to make our application stronger by providing additional documents but without contradicting the mandatory documents. If anyone feels that any non-mandatory document might contradict a main document asked or might create some sort of ambiguity, then it's wise to leave out that extra piece of info. That's the approach I followed in my application. Personally I added a letter from our dept. secretary who, I know, is a very trustworthy and helpful person. I added T4 (for RA job) too but I was also concerned about its wording since I don't have any accounting/financial background. However, I didn't worry much as 4012 was not my primary NOC code.

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
HI ALL,

NEED YOUR HELP.

I am confused on how to write my reference letter as well as materials I should submit. I have got 2 years and a half RA experience, 9 month of which are taxable. My pay stub shows 35~40 hours per week. However my supervisor can write me a reference letter to 25 hours/week or even lower.

I am wondering if I should emphasize in the reference letter that I have got 9 months of taxable RA income, and then provide T4?

Thank you in advance.

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
It may confuse the VO that you have only 9 months taxable income. I would recommend just provide the reference letter.

BTW, are you sure your pay stub shows 35~40 hours per WEEK?

chenying3612 said:
HI ALL,

NEED YOUR HELP.

I am confused on how to write my reference letter as well as materials I should submit. I have got 2 years and a half RA experience, 9 month of which are taxable. My pay stub shows 35~40 hours per week. However my supervisor can write me a reference letter to 25 hours/week or even lower.

I am wondering if I should emphasize in the reference letter that I have got 9 months of taxable RA income, and then provide T4?

Thank you in advance.

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
Viva2014 said:
Guys, I have a question.

We all know that after January, new rules would be effective. Is there anybody here who knows if the new system still considers PhD applicants or not?
Yeah i read somewhere that PhD would be considered even after Jan 2015

sa-ha

May 24, 2013
Hi guys,
I received GCMS yesterday.
I realized that the Sydney officer gave me 74 points but the Ottawa officer just gave me 67 points. 5 points of adaptability and my work experience in home country were eliminated.
anyway, thanks God I received medical and pass the eligibility :) :)

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
sa-ha said:
Hi guys,
I realized that the Sydney officer gave me 74 points but the Ottawa officer just gave me 67 points. 5 points of adaptability and my work experience in home country were eliminated.
This is great! Can you post the content of your RPRF email and your program officer #? We would like to know if this new language in the emails sent means we have passed eligibility like before or no.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
sa-ha said:
Hi guys,
does that mean ottawa didn't give you points for completing 2 years of education in canada? I saw you applied after May 2013!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
sa-ha said:
Hi guys,
Congrats :)

Still, your post made us a bit nervous. Actually most of us were thinking that Ottawa is awarding 5 points of adaptability for 2 years of PhD study after May 2013. In fact, it has a contradiction with what Ottawa has done for Sarsanballa who got those 5 points. We should stay and see others' GCMS who got medical request. I would like to ask those applicants who got medical request to apply for GCMS and see what Ottawa is doing.

AAlm did you reapply for GCMS?

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
kg.jadu said:
Please do not mislead people. A strong letter from an adviser (or better, departmental assistant or HR officer) is absolutely sufficient to prove duties and hours. No one on my memory has been rejected on this forum due to not including non-essential documents such as T4 slips. On the other hand, I saw many people rejected due to the incorrect wording of the work experience letter, which is why we put together the templates.
How they consider scholarships? MY RA/TA formally named scholarship by department, does it make problem as NOC4012 work experience? Should we claim 40 h work or 25hwork/15h study?