NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
arm739 said:
Dear Friends,

I would like to share my PR story so far. I applied for FSW (PhD Class). In the course of time, I updated my RA/TA letter of reference because I did not include the magic word "Assist" in the previous one along with my original documents. In that letter, I also added some more duties and responsibilities in detail to match the NOC 4012 as much as I could. Unfortunately, I got the rejection email :( from the immigration officer anyway because he had determined I did not meet the requirements of sections b) and c) of 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations despite the fact that I had already sent them the letter of reference with all the information required. Then, with the help of my wonderful friends in this forum :-* I tried to appeal. After few weeks of submission of my application in the Federal court, the officer's lawyer contacted me to settle a deal outside of the court. I closed the case and instead, the immigration officer's decision was set aside and my case reopened for redetermination by a different officer. Soon after I closed the case, I got RPRF and medical request unbelievably ;). I cannot tell my friends (Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O and others) how grateful I am for their instructions and help. Without their help and of course this forum, I could not be able to return my PR application to the right track. I hope this happens to every one of us. Here is my timeline after rejection:

File opened in the Federal Court: June 6th 2014
File closed in the Federal Court: July 24th, 2014
RPRF Request: July 29th, 2014
Medical Request: July 30th, 2014
I hope you meant to say that everybody's application should go smooth... not that everyone has to face the same appeal process you went through. ;)

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
George15 said:
Thank you very much tandysony,

Sorry for repeating my questions again in this forum.

I am international student at McGill University and I have managed to get a post doc offer but it is conditional that I successfully finish my Phd and the salary would arranged according to the available funds. I am going to apply for immigration in the coming days,

1) Do you think I should enclose the letter in my application from the beginning or wait till they ask for it?
2) The offer letter, should be the original or a scanned copy would do?

Thank you very much,
1. Enclosing a post doc offer now itself does not help you skipping the "Proof of intention to live outside quebec" explanation. But that does not hurt. Just add it.
2. Scanned copy would do the job.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
happymoose said:
Hello friends,

please help me on these two questions:

1. I got only 5 adaptability points by Sydney office while my spouse and I both provided more than 2 years of education in Canada, plus IELTS of 7.5 for both, plus more than two years of TA/RA each!
Our application is in Ottawa right now. Should I send any request to CPC-Ottawa to reconsider my total points? (Although we met the 67 by Sydney)

2. Is it possible to update my IMM0008 form when it is in Ottawa. I want to change my primary occupation NOC code in question 12 to 4012. Because although I provided Sydney more than 3 years of experience in my home country (with lots of supporting docs) and more than 2 years of TA/RA in Canada but Sydney gave me only 9 points in total (= 1 year) only under primary NOC!
Do you think it is better for me to change the primary NOC to 4012 (to proceed with my TA/RA)? If so, how can I update IMM0008?

appreciate your comments

Cheers,
1. Claiming/Awarding points for more than 2 years of education has been controversial and nobody knows on which grounds Sydney award those points. In certain cases sydney did not award those points but Ottawa did. So you can wait or you can just write a letter about it to Ottawa and ask them to add that letter to your file. So that the officer can have a look at it while assessing your file.
2. You can send an updated schedule-3 along with the letter I mentioned above and make sure that you give an explanation why you want to update schedule-3. At the same time explain about the points that you are entitled to receive for 2 years of education in Canada.

Jun 18, 2013
I finally did the landing last week. Thank you guys for all your information.
One more question though. During the landing, the officer told me it would takes about 7 weeks to 10 weeks to receive the PR card. However, in the CIC websites, the processing time for PR card is about 21 calendar days. When can I expect to receive it then?
Thanks again!

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Raylocke said:
RPRF and Medical examination request today!!!

yay :D :D :D :D
This is great! Congrats.

Can you post the working of your email and the officer # who took care of your application. I would order a GCMS note today to figure out what's going on.

Raylocke

Aug 3, 2013
I checked my email, there is no officer number in it.

The most important experience from my case is, keep all your documents neat, in the right order, and label them all so when they look at the label and know what it is, instantly. They will feel happier and your case will be easier to process.

And, don't forget to use "assist" instead of "help" if you have TA and RA job.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Raylocke said:
I checked my email, there is no officer number in it.

The most important experience from my case is, keep all your documents neat, in the right order, and label them all so when they look at the label and know what it is, instantly. They will feel happier and your case will be easier to process.

And, don't forget to use "assist" instead of "help" if you have TA and RA job.
Hmmmm, it should be at the bottom of the email. Mine reads:

Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:

Attention: Program Assistant DB00204 – CPC-O

Case Processing Center - Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

pfau

Nov 18, 2013
Also got my Medical and RPRF requests today! Looks like they've got us on the same track, Raylocke.

If it's of any help to anyone else, I was asked to send my things to:

Attention: Program Assistant RS9928– CPC-O

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
Big cong, guys! Cross my fingers to wish for my ME and RPRF!

pfau said:
Also got my Medical and RPRF requests today! Looks like they've got us on the same track, Raylocke.

If it's of any help to anyone else, I was asked to send my things to:

Attention: Program Assistant RS9928– CPC-O

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
From the timeline, it seems no one got passport request after May 4 (reset date).
Most probably for our case, medical then security check will be done.
I hope they won't ask for PCC again. It's a hassle!

paraview said:
Big cong, guys! Cross my fingers to wish for my ME and RPRF!

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Lots of good news today. Congrats guys!!!

My girlfriend also applied and got her PER mid-January. She hasn't heard from them yet.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
chakri264 said:
I hope you meant to say that everybody's application should go smooth... not that everyone has to face the same appeal process you went through. ;)
:p Of Course

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013