+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
paraview said:
It may confuse the VO that you have only 9 months taxable income. I would recommend just provide the reference letter.

BTW, are you sure your pay stub shows 35~40 hours per WEEK?
Hi,

Yes, the paystub for non-taxable RA is 70~80 hours biweek. But no hour information were mentioned on the taxable paystub. Then I couldn't provide just T4A either? (If I dont show T4, then the amount on T4A will be not right.)

Thanks.

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
I would suggest just provide letter from department or your supervisor, no T4A nor T4.

chenying3612 said:
Hi,

Yes, the paystub for non-taxable RA is 70~80 hours biweek. But no hour information were mentioned on the taxable paystub. Then I couldn't provide just T4A either? (If I dont show T4, then the amount on T4A will be not right.)

Thanks.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got GCMS notes today. The file itself was generated on June 30, and they were sitting on it for 30 days.

Anyway, the only thing that has been changed is the location of paper file - it was moved from A900 to HD3 (whatever it means). Already submitted a new GCMS request, so in 30 days I will tell you whether Ottawa gives us 5 points for 2 years of studies or not.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
vasyok said:
Got GCMS notes today. The file itself was generated on June 30, and they were sitting on it for 30 days.

Anyway, the only thing that has been changed is the location of paper file - it was moved from A900 to HD3 (whatever it means). Already submitted a new GCMS request, so in 30 days I will tell you whether Ottawa gives us 5 points for 2 years of studies or not.
Thank you so much. It's really vital for us to know about that.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
Dear Friends,

I would like to share my PR story so far. I applied for FSW (PhD Class). In the course of time, I updated my RA/TA letter of reference because I did not include the magic word "Assist" in the previous one along with my original documents. In that letter, I also added some more duties and responsibilities in detail to match the NOC 4012 as much as I could. Unfortunately, I got the rejection email :( from the immigration officer anyway because he had determined I did not meet the requirements of sections b) and c) of 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations despite the fact that I had already sent them the letter of reference with all the information required. Then, with the help of my wonderful friends in this forum :-* I tried to appeal. After few weeks of submission of my application in the Federal court, the officer's lawyer contacted me to settle a deal outside of the court. I closed the case and instead, the immigration officer's decision was set aside and my case reopened for redetermination by a different officer. Soon after I closed the case, I got RPRF and medical request unbelievably ;). I cannot tell my friends (Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O and others) how grateful I am for their instructions and help. Without their help and of course this forum, I could not be able to return my PR application to the right track. I hope this happens to every one of us. Here is my timeline after rejection:

File opened in the Federal Court: June 6th 2014
File closed in the Federal Court: July 24th, 2014
RPRF Request: July 29th, 2014
Medical Request: July 30th, 2014

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Hi guys,

Sorry for asking a silly question, but what are GCMS notes? At what stage of the application do you request them? How to tell if something is going wrong with the application?

Can someone explain? I appreciate your time and help.

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
arm739 said:
Dear Friends,

I would like to share my PR story so far. I applied for FSW (PhD Class). In the course of time, I updated my RA/TA letter of reference because I did not include the magic word "Assist" in the previous one along with my original documents. In that letter, I also added some more duties and responsibilities in detail to match the NOC 4012 as much as I could. Unfortunately, I got the rejection email :( from the immigration officer anyway because he had determined I did not meet the requirements of sections b) and c) of 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations despite the fact that I had already sent them the letter of reference with all the information required. Then, with the help of my wonderful friends in this forum :-* I tried to appeal. After few weeks of submission of my application in the Federal court, the officer's lawyer contacted me to settle a deal outside of the court. I closed the case and instead, the immigration officer's decision was set aside and my case reopened for redetermination by a different officer. Soon after I closed the case, I got RPRF and medical request unbelievably ;). I cannot tell my friends (Dani1982, arian_arian, N_O and others) how grateful I am for their instructions and help. Without their help and of course this forum, I could not be able to return my PR application to the right track. I hope this happens to every one of us. Here is my timeline after rejection:

Wow~~~ Congratulations!!!

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
rogelio said:
Hi guys,

Sorry for asking a silly question, but what are GCMS notes? At what stage of the application do you request them? How to tell if something is going wrong with the application?

Can someone explain? I appreciate your time and help.
Global Case Management System. Each time an employee of CIC creates an entry, GCMS saves the employee's initials and the date and time the entry was made. GCMS users can then access the entry, but cannot modify or delete it. I suggest you request GCMS after at least 6 months you received PER. I believe the most important part is the note sections at the end of the document. Use the following link:
hhttps://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
After entering your personal information you should select Privacy act and then electronic files. You will receive it after 30 days.

Hope it was useful

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
arm739 said:
Dear Friends,

Many congrats, enjoy the euphoria! This forum is life saver for many of us.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
arm739 said:
Dear Friends,

BIG Congratulation! :)

happymoose

Jul 31, 2014
Hello friends,

please help me on these two questions:

1. I got only 5 adaptability points by Sydney office while my spouse and I both provided more than 2 years of education in Canada, plus IELTS of 7.5 for both, plus more than two years of TA/RA each!
Our application is in Ottawa right now. Should I send any request to CPC-Ottawa to reconsider my total points? (Although we met the 67 by Sydney)

2. Is it possible to update my IMM0008 form when it is in Ottawa. I want to change my primary occupation NOC code in question 12 to 4012. Because although I provided Sydney more than 3 years of experience in my home country (with lots of supporting docs) and more than 2 years of TA/RA in Canada but Sydney gave me only 9 points in total (= 1 year) only under primary NOC!
Do you think it is better for me to change the primary NOC to 4012 (to proceed with my TA/RA)? If so, how can I update IMM0008?

appreciate your comments

Cheers,

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
Hi everybody,

I just stopped by to share that we finally landed and officially became permanent residents. We received our passports and visas back around July 10 and we landed on July 13 in Peace Arch (British Columbia) Border Cross. We had pretty smooth landing experience and they really did not ask us too much. It is great to experience this relief after waiting for about 14 months. There is a light at the end of tunnel!

Good luck to everybody!!!!

George15

Jul 15, 2014
Thank you very much tandysony,

Sorry for repeating my questions again in this forum.

I am international student at McGill University and I have managed to get a post doc offer but it is conditional that I successfully finish my Phd and the salary would arranged according to the available funds. I am going to apply for immigration in the coming days,

1) Do you think I should enclose the letter in my application from the beginning or wait till they ask for it?
2) The offer letter, should be the original or a scanned copy would do?

Thank you very much,

tandysony said:
Hello George,

(1). a postdoc offer helps much. I convinced the immigration officer with a postdoc offer outside of Quebec, and got RPRF and Medical request in 3 days

(2a). If your trips lasted less than one month for each, I would suggest one continuous duration of study. I did the same.
For the addresses, put only the address of your residence for study, if you are using one continuous duration of study.

(3b). You can leave it blank, or the date you are supposed to graduate.

(4). Include or not, it doesn't help much for your case. They are looking for "serious organization or party" that might be potentially threaten, e.g. Communist Party or religious extremism. Recently, one Communist Party member from China has been rejected, due to his dishonesty.