Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
PhdStream said:
Do they check credit history as well .. I heard some people withdraw cash from credit card or other loans and show bank balance with that cash ... not sure how that works
No They do not do credit checks. Even I know a few people who did that, concealed that information from CIC but got approved.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
PhdStream said:
Do they check credit history as well .. I heard some people withdraw cash from credit card or other loans and show bank balance with that cash ... not sure how that works
I am not aware of any case they check its credit history!! but they might ask for the balance on your credit card later.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
"Medical results have been received" showed up in my ecas:) We did the medical 2 weeks ago.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hi, I have something important to share from my latest GCMS. When I applied I claimed 3 years of work experience (2 years from my home country as a pharmacist and 1 year for RA in Canada). The total points came up to 75 which included 5 points for finishing 2 years education ( I haven't got a master degree from Canada but I claimed 5 points as I finished 2 years towards my PhD). Sydney cut that 5 points off and gave me 70 and transferred the file to Ottawa. I have updated my reference letters 3 times since the file has been transferred to Ottawa. The last updated reference letter was sent on 26th of May 2014 by then I finished 3 years towards my PhD. In the recent GCMS I noticed that I was given 72 points in total by Ottawa. I noticed that Ottawa considered my latest reference letter and considered the work experience that I gained after filing the application. Even though I claimed 3 years in total in the application, Ottawa gave me 4 years of work experience. It has been controversial if you could claim the experience you gained after filing the application. From now it is proven that you can claim the experience gained after the application date. If any one who is close to the cut off points update the reference letter and schedule 3 to claim the extra years.

I have neither updated my schedule-3 form nor claimed the extra year. It was all given by them. On the contrary, it could be a mistake.

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
chakri264 said:
Hi, I have something important to share from my latest GCMS. When I applied I claimed 3 years of work experience (2 years from my home country as a pharmacist and 1 year for RA in Canada). The total points came up to 75 which included 5 points for finishing 2 years education ( I haven't got a master degree from Canada but I claimed 5 points as I finished 2 years towards my PhD). Sydney cut that 5 points off and gave me 70 and transferred the file to Ottawa. I have updated my reference letters 3 times since the file has been transferred to Ottawa. The last updated reference letter was sent on 26th of May 2014 by then I finished 3 years towards my PhD. In the recent GCMS I noticed that I was given 72 points in total by Ottawa. I noticed that Ottawa considered my latest reference letter and considered the work experience that I gained after filing the application. Even though I claimed 3 years in total in the application, Ottawa gave me 4 years of work experience. It has been controversial if you could claim the experience you gained after filing the application. From now it is proven that you can claim the experience gained after the application date. If any one who is close to the cut off points update the reference letter and schedule 3 to claim the extra years.

I have neither updated my schedule-3 form nor claimed the extra year. It was all given by them. On the contrary, it could be a mistake.
I agree and confirm.
I know a friend who did exactly as you did. They considered an extra one year as an RA that has been spent in the meanwhile of application processing. No need to submit new form. Just the updated reference letter works.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
chakri264 said:

Yes, but you need to have at least one year of experience before the date the application is submitted in order to be eligible. After you passed the eligibility, then they will add the experience after submission of the application to give you more points. That means if, for example, you have "10 months experience before application" + "say 1 year after application", then you were not eligible to apply in the first place. Therefore, you will get rejected.

But if you have say "1.5 years experience before applying" + "1 year experience accumulated after applying", then they will give you the points of 2+ years of experience.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Yeah, good information.
But i wonder what is the point to have more points after you passed the eligibility stage? I don't think it would make the process faster.

Anna2013 said:
Yes, but you need to have at least one year of experience before the date the application is submitted in order to be eligible. After you passed the eligibility, then they will add the experience after submission of the application to give you more points. That means if, for example, you have "10 months experience before application" + "say 1 year after application", then you were not eligible to apply in the first place. Therefore, you will get rejected.

But if you have say "1.5 years experience before applying" + "1 year experience accumulated after applying", then they will give you the points of 2+ years of experience.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Henry.Nguyen said:
But i wonder what is the point to have more points after you passed the eligibility stage? I don't think it would make the process faster.
No, it won't make the process any faster. It is good for people who are shy of a few points to get the 67 points.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Henry.Nguyen said:
Yeah, good information.
Yeah it does not help if you already passed the eligibility but this information is for someone who just made it to the cut off. If they finished an year after the application they could claim one more year with out leaving a chance for the officer to reject.

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
If I applied already with two jobs, RA from Canada and Engineer overseas. Which one is better to put as a main occupation??
RA: 21-22 hrs/week -- equivalent one year in two years - supervisor letter, HR letter
Overseas: Full time with HR and duties letter.

I heard that it is better to put the Canadian job as a main but I put the Engineering job as main as it is a real job. Is that OK?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
CEC12 said:
If I applied already with two jobs, RA from Canada and Engineer overseas. Which one is better to put as a main occupation??
RA: 21-22 hrs/week -- equivalent one year in two years - supervisor letter, HR letter
Overseas: Full time with HR and duties letter.

I heard that it is better to put the Canadian job as a main but I put the Engineering job as main as it is a real job. Is that OK?
I am in similar boat as you are in .. I have 2 years of overseas engineering work experience and 3 years of RA (30 hrs/week) .. applied on March 2014 and put engineering NOC as main occupation, as it is highly likely that CIC denies our RA experience (based on previous rejection)..

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
Parkinson said:
You'll probably get medical request tomorrow. Maybe they sent this doc request by mistake.
How did you know?? you are right, I just received the medical request today !!! I will go with the assumption that it was a mistake then :), will prepare the money in the bank account but will not send them any POF until I get a reminder!

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
WE JUST GOT PASSPORT REQUEST. YAY!!!!! It is weird that we received email from immigration this late but who cares. This is the best email from them.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
phdsocialwork said:
WE JUST GOT PASSPORT REQUEST. YAY!!!!! It is weird that we received email from immigration this late but who cares. This is the best email from them.
congrats. I got mine around same time.

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
congrats. I got mine around same time.
I assume they have some kind of automatic system. Congrats to you too. Juhuuuuuuuuuuu!

There is indeed the end to this process. It seemed it would never end. Things were not moving for whole year until 2-3 weeks ago. For those who are getting ready for medical exams be ready to spend around 300 dollars per person if in Canada because I was not quite aware of that. Since there were two of us we paid that around 600 dollars plus RMPF around 1000. It is still something that hits you at the end of this process. But it is sweet bitter slap.