+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
Hi everyone!
I just received RPRF and RCMP request.

For the people who got RCMP: we have scheduled to do the process in a private facility. Do yu guys know if they send the information directly to Ottawa, or if they will send it to me and then I have to forwarded it to Ottawa?

Thanks everyone for the most useful help I received through this forum!!!

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do it in private company or in police section, the email should showed you all the information. It is your choice to receive it and send it by yourself or ask them to send it directly.

2MarriedPhDs said:
Hi everyone!

For the people who got RCMP: we have scheduled to do the process in a private facility. Do yu guys know if they send the information directly to Ottawa, or if they will send it to me and then I have to forwarded it to Ottawa?

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
mike5182 said:
You can do it in private company or in police section, the email should showed you all the information. It is your choice to receive it and send it by yourself or ask them to send it directly.
Thank you Mike!

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hi everyone!

Hi 2marriedPhDs,
Did you receive them in a same email or different emails?

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hi everyone!

It's your choice whether the have RCMP send it directly to CIC, or to have it sent to you first and then you send it to CIC. I recommend that you have the report sent to you first so that you can check it to make sure there are no mistakes (mistaken identity or some such other mistake).

Gina.G

Jun 20, 2014
Hi ,

I want to apply for PhD stream and I have taken CELPIP General in January 2014. On the CIC website it says:
Note: As of April 1, 2014, the CELPIP-G will not be used any more. It will be replaced with the “CELPIP-General 2014”. After April 1, 2014 you must take the “CELPIP-General 2014” test. The CELPIP-General 2014 scoring grid is different from the CELPIP-G test.

Should I take a new language test?Anyone knows if my text result is valid?
Thank you

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Hi Guys,

Last year my application for PR was rejected stating the following :

"I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Graduate Research Assistant (NOC 4012) at the (University (name removed)) does not meet the requirements of b) above as the duties listed in your letter of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected. Your periods of work experience as a Graduate Teaching Assistant (NOC 4012) at the (University (name removed)) do not meet the requirements of b) above as the duties listed in your letters of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above."

From my what I understood later from this forum that this was because my letters were missing the word assist in the duties and description of specific duties themselves. I am pasting snippets from my letters here just for reference :

The letter I got from my supervisor was as follows :

"This letter certi es that (name removed) is currently a Ph.D. student in the Department of (removed)
at the University (name removed), where he is completing his research under my supervision. The speci c
dates of his research assistantships are given in the accompanying letter.
The typical responsibilities of our research assistants are as follows:
(1) conducting background literature searches
(2) development of new algorithmic ideas and theory
(3) development of software that implements the new algorithms
(4) writing and reviewing research posters and research papers
(5) oral presentations and discussion of research posters and research papers at University (name removed), other universities, and
conferences
(6) assisting with grant application and renewal for the aspects related to their work"

Also the letter from the department :

"This certifies that (name removed) is currently a registered full-time Ph.D. student in the Department of (removed) at the University (removed). He started the program in (removed) and plans to complete the
program requirements by (removed).
The following is his record of employment

Duties Duration Amount
Graduate Research Assistant (details removed)
Graduate Teaching Assistant (details removed)

The typical responsibilities of our teaching assistants are as follows. It is based on an average of 12-hour-per week.
a. organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by the instructor,
b. conduct labs, tutorials, discussion groups,
c. assist in administration of examinations, and
d. grade exams, term papers, assignments and lab reports."

So, now I am finally ready to apply again and have started collecting various required documents. I realize that I will indeed need to get fixed letters but at the moment I have a different question. While filling IMM5669E I realized that in Question 6 d), I am asked if I am ever refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa etc. I guess I will answer yes to it and provide an explanation. However my worry is how would I update my new letters for work experience without contradicting what I submitted in my last application. Also what explanation I would provide to question 6 d) besides "oops that was a mistake" as that doesn't seem to reflect well on the current application.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hi zedd4x,

I think my answer for the question 6 would be NO. Because you have never applied for an immigrant/PR visa. You just submitted an application for PR, not at the stage of processing for immigration/PR visas.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
zedd4x said:
Hi Guys,

So, now I am finally ready to apply again and have started collecting various required documents. I realize that I will indeed need to get fixed letters but at the moment I have a different question. While filling IMM5669E I realized that in Question 6 d), I am asked if I am ever refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa etc. I guess I will answer yes to it and provide an explanation. However my worry is how would I update my new letters for work experience without contradicting what I submitted in my last application. Also what explanation I would provide to question 6 d) besides "oops that was a mistake" as that doesn't seem to reflect well on the current application.
I answered yes in my second and third applications. I referenced the previous applications by date and stated the reason for rejection, however trivial. I have since received the RPRF request and the medical request.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
climate_modeller said:
I answered yes in my second and third applications. I referenced the previous applications by date and stated the reason for rejection, however trivial. I have since received the RPRF request and the medical request.
This is the correct answer.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
climate_modeller said:
Many thanks for the information ! Really appreciate it.

Did you guys also submit your police certificate along with your application or you waited to be requested for it ? My worry is that it might expire before the decision is made and I would have to send it again anyways...

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
climate_modeller said:
And wow, second and third application. It would be nice if all this information about what mistakes happened during people's initial attempts was available in a google doc format or something. Would be extremely helpful to us new applicants. I would be happy to add my information to it too.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Guys, I hope you are all aware that with the new regulations, it will take 4 more years after you acquire PR to get your citizenship. They will not count the time as a temporary resident anymore. This will set us back 2 more years.