+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
thundervikes said:
Update: Got PPR on Monday. Please add it to the tracking spreadsheet.

A follow-up question. How long does it roughly take from sending passport to CIC, until getting it back? (Because I may need passport to travel to US around June or July)

Thank you guys so much!
most of my friends got it back in 7-10 days...

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Judy_LIU said:
I had one year work experience as Mechanical Engineer in China.
My advice is to update your reference letter, if it is not a rock solid letter.

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
prapplicant13 said:
I guess not. I received my GCMS on April 22 and no due date on it.
I see! So we are going to wait as they go with other applicants. I just hope it would not end in a sudden death situation!

Blackhorse

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Hi,
As I mentioned earlier, I got rejected after the second doc request. CIC officer argued my tasks and duties did not match the NOC code!!!
The thing is in the second doc request, the officer asked me to to provide more information about commuting between university and workplace and certificates for having that job. I sent all my certificates and a letter from my supervisor that supported my claim.
However, the officer replied "The last documentation that you sent us listed duties that did not match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected for this employment".
Actually, the last documentation was not employment letter that lists duties, it was a letter in response to the officer's concerns! I already updated my employment letter twice and the duties and the lead statement were the same as NOC description.
Since this is highly unfair and obviously the officer's mistake , I am am going to file a judicial review application in the federal court.

Is there anyone who is familiar with the procedure and knows how to start?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Blackhorse said:
Hi,
As I mentioned earlier, I got rejected after the second doc request. CIC officer argued my tasks and duties did not match the NOC code!!!
The thing is in the second doc request, the officer asked me to to provide more information about commuting between university and workplace and certificates for having that job. I sent all my certificates and a letter from my supervisor that supported my claim.
However, the officer replied "The last documentation that you sent us listed duties that did not match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected for this employment".
Actually, the last documentation was not employment letter that lists duties, it was a letter in response to the officer's concerns! I already updated my employment letter twice and the duties and the lead statement were the same as NOC description.
Since this is highly unfair and obviously the officer's mistake , I am am going to file a judicial review application in the federal court.

Is there anyone who is familiar with the procedure and knows how to start?
I think it would be better to start by sending them an email, explaining what has happened, also contact your MP. If you're going to appeal, this should be within 2 weeks of the decision, but it takes so long and costs too much!

Good luck!

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Rina9285 said:
Thank you Meyakanor for your reply. Do you have any idea whether any PhD student from Quebec has got PR in FSW category? I just want to know the probability of rejection and acceptance so I can make decision whether to go for CSW or FSW/

Thank you.
Hi Friends,

After reading the posts in this forum I have one more question in addition to above questions.

As per some of the Quebec applicants who applied in FSW category, the CIC officer asked them to provide with the evidence that they have intention to live outside Quebec. I do not have any job offer or property outside Quebec as I still have two more years to go. But my wife has a brother in Ontario. Can it be a strong evidence to support my claim of settling outside Quebec?

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Travel after medical exam

Hello friends,

Just wondering if there is any restriction on traveling in certain countries after the medical exam is done. Please fill me in. Thanks.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
N_O said:
I think it would be better to start by sending them an email, explaining what has happened, also contact your MP. If you're going to appeal, this should be within 2 weeks of the decision, but it takes so long and costs too much!

Good luck!
I think they use this method of rejection so that you can not be successful in appealing. They do this in cases which they are suspicious of your work experience or other things but don't have enough evidence to directly reject you because of that. If they reject you for a specific reason for example lack of evidence for your education or work expediences, then there is a chance that they were wrong and you can be successful in appealing. But, when they say in general that your duties do not match the code, they rejected you legally and totally based on immigration acts and regulations and don't need to worry about the consequence of their decision. So the best reaction is to block this method of rejection by providing strong ref. Letter. In case of Blackhorse, they used the smallest chance they got to reject the case based on regulations and not provide the particular reason. The only chance is to prove that the last letter was not a reference letter and it is possible if it is written in the letter that it is in response to the officer concerns, otherwise how can you prove it was not a ref. Letter? Maybe a lawyer can help in this case.

Conclusion: be careful about any document you provide to CIC. It might be used against you!

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
AXMMS said:
Yes. The content was the same as the template given by cic.
Was the main applicant registered full time for 6 semesters? As you know a full year is 3 semesters so if he didn't register in summer could it be the reason?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
thundervikes said:
Update: Got PPR on Monday. Please add it to the tracking spreadsheet.

A follow-up question. How long does it roughly take from sending passport to CIC, until getting it back? (Because I may need passport to travel to US around June or July)

Thank you guys so much!
Congrats !
Did you get a third line in your e-cas for receiving the medical.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I got visas today. Should have got them earlier. A lot of complaints on Canada Post, but I don't want to mention the unhappy things here.

Anyway, I will do landing with my wife in July. Thank you guys for the constructive comments in this forum. Good luck!

PS: I think Smike has got visas. Can anyone update the tracker?

SMike

Jun 20, 2012
We finally landed today at Carway, the US-Canada border between Montana and Alberta. The officer was professional. He asked for the nature of our jobs and the formal questions on the CPR. Nothing about proof of funds. My best wishes for the organiser of this great forum. All the very best to the rest of us still on the PR list.

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
Yes, he did. In our university, there are 3 full semesters in a year (typically no summer school). He's been registered as a full time student for two full years.

We were wondering if it was because he didn't take courses every term. Since he already met his course requirements for PhD program, he wasn't taking courses every term in the first two years. But, again, he did register for two full years!!

prapplicant13 said:
Was the main applicant registered full time for 6 semesters? As you know a full year is 3 semesters so if he didn't register in summer could it be the reason?