Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So guys,

Here comes at least one good news, I received my passport back yesterday(20131202) and did the landing today(20131203) at Thousand Islands Bridge near Kingston,ON. Everything went well, the officer didn't ask me for proof of fund or employment letter, she just asked me for my apartment address in Canada so that CIC can send the PR card to me. Then in the end she said you are permanent resident of Canada now and welcome to Canada with a big smile on her face (which was really nice :)).

The PR visa was issued on 20131113 which was also the day they requested my passport. And Admin please update the tracker, thanks :)

My journey to PR of Canada ends here, I'm very much grateful to everyone on this forum for your invaluable comments, suggestions and helps. I pray to God that all of you who are still on your way to PR of Canada will hear good news from CIC in a very timely manner. Ameen.

In the end, please be patient, I know how it feels cuz I was rejected once before and I'm almost finishing my Ph.D. study and in the process of looking for job opportunities, and I was asked a couple of times by the prospective recruiters before if I was PR of Canada. :(

Anyways, those of you who need any help or advice may post in this forum or PM me, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Stay positive, people. :)

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
sarsanballa said:
So guys,

Here comes at least one good news, I received my passport back yesterday(20131202) and did the landing today(20131203) at Thousand Islands Bridge near Kingston,ON. Everything went well, the officer didn't ask me for proof of fund or employment letter, she just asked me for my apartment address in Canada so that CIC can send the PR card to me. Then in the end she said you are permanent resident of Canada now and welcome to Canada with a big smile on her face (which was really nice :)).
Congrats!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
sarsanballa said:
In the end, please be patient, I know how it feels cuz I was rejected once before and I'm almost finishing my Ph.D. study and in the process of looking for job opportunities, and I was asked a couple of times by the prospective recruiters before if I was PR of Canada. :(
Congrats. I am about to receive a job offer. HR already knows that I am not a PR. Asked me to provide a work permit. Problem: I cannot get a full-time work permit unless I defend my thesis.

This is so pity that we have to study hard, but even when we find a job, we have to struggle with rules, officers, system, etc. to convince the managers that "hey, don't worry pleaseeeee, I can get a full-time work permit once I defend my thesis".

Managers, HRs, do not like this, they are not aware of our situation. They prefer someone who has a PR or at least an open work permit in hand, which is completely understandable. It's all because of the rules!!!

It's the fact that we can simply miss good opportunities and offers only because of the rules!

tahhiir

May 23, 2012
Landing done today at Thousand Island bridge. Nothing required once you tell them that you are from PhD immigration stream.

It was a pleasant experience. Thanks for support and help.

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
tahhiir said:
Landing done today at Thousand Island bridge. Nothing required once you tell them that you are from PhD immigration stream.

Congrats!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
tahhiir said:

Congrats! When did you receive your passport? I am asking to update the tracker.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
megha_Ontario said:
Got my PPR!! :)
When did you receive your passport back? I am trying to update the tracker!

b.mahal

Oct 23, 2013
Please add me to the tracker spreadsheet.

Name : B.Mahal
Application received by CIO: 2013-Sep-26

everything else: waiting ...

Thanks.

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
I will keep trying asking the same question until I find someone who had the experience of adding a spouse to their application. Is there anyone who added a spouse while application has been in process? I have a hard time finding info about what we should do. Thanks a lot. This forum has been very helpful

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
phdsocialwork said:
I will keep trying asking the same question until I find someone who had the experience of adding a spouse to their application. Is there anyone who added a spouse while application has been in process? I have a hard time finding info about what we should do. Thanks a lot. This forum has been very helpful
All you need to do is to email them and explain that you want to add your spouse. That's what CIC says you should do. They'll let you know what documents you should send.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
phdsocialwork said:
Try to PM Otacon, he added his wife after getting his medicals as I remember.

Good luck!

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
PER letter says:

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
CIC center says:

We have received your email sent to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”) and will respond to it shortly if:

· Your application is in process at CPP-O AND is outside the standard processing times

· You notify us of a change in your marital status, the birth of a child, the death of a family member, or the withdrawal of your application

· You notify us of a change in your contact information

· You send us information we have requested"

If you want to update your marital status, it looks very welcome to CPP-O.