+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Guys, please answer my question!!! the quebec applicants who got almost similar response from the officer asking about their intentions to reside in any other province, did you get it after the whole processing time, i.e. 13 months?? (BTW I know it is 25 months now). I just want to know if they asked for all documents and then asked about your intentions to leave Quebec after everything and right when they wanted to decide to give the landing visa???

(If So, for me almost at the middle of my phd its a save of time if I apply now, because after 25 months I will most probably be done with my phd)

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Guys, please answer my question!!! the quebec applicants who got almost similar response from the officer asking about their intentions to reside in any other province, did you get it after the whole processing time, i.e. 13 months?? (BTW I know it is 25 months now). I just want to know if they asked for all documents and then asked about your intentions to leave Quebec after everything and right when they wanted to decide to give the landing visa???

(If So, for me almost at the middle of my phd its a save of time if I apply now, because after 25 months I will most probably be done with my phd)

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
absolute_boy97 said:

I did not apply from Quebec. But I think they ask applicants from Quebec to submit documents about their intention to live outside the Quebec before issuing medical. Issuing the landing visa is one of the latest steps and they issue the landing visa after getting final decision on your file.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
David2013 said:
I did not apply from Quebec. But I think they ask applicants from Quebec to submit documents about their intention to live outside the Quebec before issuing medical. Issuing the landing visa is one of the latest steps and they issue the landing visa after getting final decision on your file.
Thankss. From what I read in this forum I dont think that was the case, but I might be wrong. How long does it usually take to issue medical then?

I would be grateful if those of you who applied from quebec and got the officer response on your intentions to leave Quebec please tell me at what stage did that happen? Thanks a lot

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
absolute_boy97 said:
Thankss. From what I read in this forum I dont think that was the case, but I might be wrong. How long does it usually take to issue medical then?

I would be grateful if those of you who applied from quebec and got the officer response on your intentions to leave Quebec please tell me at what stage did that happen? Thanks a lot
Never got anything for proving intention to leave Quebec from CPP-O but sent all the docs proactively (plz see earlier posts). I have actually left Quebec, so maybe thats why. In middle of PhD will be hard to explain. Ask maytheflower.

I know it is a frustrating situation, until a week ago, I was contemplating new plans anticipating impending rejection.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Medicals done on Friday.

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
Guys, do you have any idea that usually how long does it take to get passport request after the medical?

I really appreciate if you can share your experiments.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
David2013 said:
Guys, do you have any idea that usually how long does it take to get passport request after the medical?

Depends. 5 months have passed in my case, and still no pass request.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
David2013 said:

Just take a look in the tracker!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David2013 said:

For me it is 170 days now and still no passport request.

You can see the passport requested after column in the immigration tracker (http://bit.ly/tpvdZa).

As you can see from the tracker, generally, it takes more time for the Iranian applicants to get the passport request, but for the two Iranian applicants Kuzey and NeverGiveUp which their document request was before the medical request this waiting time has been short (less than two months). Maybe, they start the security check with the document request and that is why these two Iranian applicants have got their passport request in a short time.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
For me it is 170 days now and still no passport request.

You can see the passport requested after column in the immigration tracker (http://bit.ly/tpvdZa).

As you can see from the tracker, generally, it takes more time for the Iranian applicants to get the passport request, but for the two Iranian applicants Kuzey and NeverGiveUp which their document request was before the medical request this waiting time has been short (less than two months). Maybe, they start the security check with the document request and that is why these two Iranian applicants have got their passport request in a short time.
Apparently, we will receive a new due date!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Apparently, we will receive a new due date!
Unfortunately, most probably this will be the case!
My due date is December 6 and if I don't hear by then, it will be shifted to three months later!

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Dear All,

I would like your advice to the following case.
I applied in 2012 under the PhD stream and my application was rejected in April 2013 because of work experience problem. Then, I reapplied in August 2013 after I got all the new necessary docs.
I have received the PER one week ago. Now, because I graduated last week, I would like to send an update email or a letter to my file. That is I want to send the letter of the PhD completion so I can get 7 points (2 for the PHD as the master get only 23 points, and 5 for the adaptability). I also would like to redo the English test, in this case can I send the new result if I get (hopefully higher score). Please advise.

Best Regards,

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
ubc2010 said:
Dear All,

I would like your advice to the following case.
I applied in 2012 under the PhD stream and my application was rejected in April 2013 because of work experience problem. Then, I reapplied in August 2013 after I got all the new necessary docs.
I have received the PER one week ago. Now, because I graduated last week, I would like to send an update email or a letter to my file. That is I want to send the letter of the PhD completion so I can get 7 points (2 for the PHD as the master get only 23 points, and 5 for the adaptability). I also would like to redo the English test, in this case can I send the new result if I get (hopefully higher score). Please advise.

Best Regards,
Once we defended our phd thesis, does CIC accept a letter that just confirm we have completed the degree? I mean will they consider us then a phd holder to award us such points? I am asking this since graduation usually happens many months after thesis defense!