+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Master3 said:
Hi all

I received my new GCMS. They have accepted my updated TA/RA letter and gave me its points.
Now I have 70 points. ( was 66 before )

I seems that I am getting closer to PR in my 5th try.

NeverGiveUp is right : Never give up.

Gongrats NeverGiveUp
:)
Hi, I hope that's a good news for us. Actually the same thing has happenned to me at the end of july and my point has changed based on the new ref letters. So, I was wondering who has updated your point in eligibility assessment section last time? IS that FA for you?

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
S_Govind said:
Did SL..... analyze your application again based on the updated letter or was it FA?. When was your application assignment date in your last GCMS and when was the most recent assessment done?. It would be indeed very helpful for me and others if you could shed some light on this

Good luck !
Note 5
Date : 2013/05/03
Updated by : SL01732
66 points

Note 1
Date : 2013/07/23
Updated by : GG6553
70 points

I hope it helps you.

cindyxinxin

Sep 3, 2013
Hey I am a new user and this post got me to register for this website :)

I am also applying under the PHD stream and filling up all the forms. I have a question about "Schedule 3 Economic Classes-Federal Skilled Workers".
If I only have graduate RA and TA as work experience, can I check "yes" for question 3a (Do you have an offer of employment in Canada)?

Thanks for the help!!

pontryagin

Mar 23, 2013
Hi Guys, just an update of my landing and PR card.

We landed @ Carway office on Jun 12, and received my PR card last Monday (Aug 26). It took 69+ days + Shipping.

Thanks everyone here and good luck with your application.

cyn0sure

Jul 7, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
I think it should be 'NO', since they just returned your application it was not a rejection. At least you didn't get any rejection letter or neither your file was processed but I would call to the Call centre and confirm it officially. Plz make sure you keep the staff name, nd time when you called them so that anything bad happen you can refer this in later. Good Luck.
I called the Call centre and she said that I had to choose "Yes". Anyway.

Thank you for your suggestion.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Master3 said:
Hi all

I received my new GCMS. They have accepted my updated TA/RA letter and gave me its points.
Now I have 70 points. ( was 66 before )

I seems that I am getting closer to PR in my 5th try.

NeverGiveUp is right : Never give up.

Gongrats NeverGiveUp
:)
Thanks a lot, and congrats to you as well :)

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
S_Govind said:
Very true that !. I will always try and keep this in mind. Congrats and wish you all the best for your future travails.
Thank you very much, Govind. Hope you'll get your MR very soon.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
NeverGiveUp said:
Spasibo, Kg.jadu :) Hope to read your landing experience soon.
Haha, awesome! Пожалуйста, NeverGiveUp, и никогда не сдавайся! (Your alias name in Russian.)

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
cindyxinxin said:
I am also applying under the PHD stream and filling up all the forms. I have a question about "Schedule 3 Economic Classes-Federal Skilled Workers".
If I only have graduate RA and TA as work experience, can I check "yes" for question 3a (Do you have an offer of employment in Canada)?
No. Job offers do not have the expiry date, and TA/RA are clearly temporary positions.

cyn0sure said:
I called the Call centre and she said that I had to choose "Yes". Anyway.
Are you sure they understood you right? Based on what I know about your case, your application was *returned*, not *rejected*. It simply did not qualify and did not even enter processing, hence no rejection. I would suggest double-checking.

Anyways, even if you answer "yes", it wouldn't affect your further applications in any way, especially when you give the details about your "rejection".

Good luck!

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
kg.jadu said:
Haha, awesome! Пожалуйста, NeverGiveUp, и никогда не сдавайся! (Your alias name in Russian.)
:) Thanks for the translation, I've been learning Russian for two years... :)

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Master3 said:
Note 5
Date : 2013/05/03
Updated by : SL01732
66 points

Note 1
Date : 2013/07/23
Updated by : GG6553
70 points

I hope it helps you.
Did GG... put any note regarding your experience letters, something like the same note that SL.. has written at the note section of the file? For my file, GG.. has only changed the points at july 24, 2013. I'm wondering if this officer GG has really evaluated our letters or not. Please let me know if you found a clue.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
ryan_glory said:
Did GG... put any note regarding your experience letters, something like the same note that SL.. has written at the note section of the file? For my file, GG.. has only changed the points at july 24, 2013. I'm wondering if this officer GG has really evaluated our letters or not. Please let me know if you found a clue.
Yes. GG... has put a 19 line note with detail of any item. I think he/she has evaluated my letter separately.

Does any body know how many times they evaluate our documents and points ?

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Master3 said:
Yes. GG... has put a 19 line note with detail of any item. I think he/she has evaluated my letter separately.

Does any body know how many times they evaluate our documents and points ?
It seems like they have assigned GG to consider and evaluate updated documents after SL's review. Maybe because most of us updated our letters after SL evaluation. So it's a new thing. He hasn't actually put any note in my file besides changing my work exp. from 2 to 4 yrs and granting 4 points for that.