+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

johnyoung1984

Jun 27, 2012
Hi, Guys I just receive my gcms notes. My working experience was not awarded at all. How should I send my updated reference letters? Thank you so much!

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
johnyoung1984:

johnyoung1984 said:
Hi, Guys I just receive my gcms notes. My working experience was not awarded at all. How should I send my updated reference letters? Thank you so much!
I assume it was SL01732 who screened your eligibility? What department will review your file next, and what is the due date? Anyways, try to act quickly. Just send an email with attached updated letter of reference to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca and explain that you wish to use this updated letter. Ask them to confirm that they attached the updated letter to your file. If they don't reply you within 2 or 3 days, write a follow-up email inquiring about your updated documents. This is important because sometimes officers don't attach additional documents to the file.

For a higher chance, make your email visible. That is, choose a very specific subject title like "Updated reference letter for my FSW-PhD application" and in the header, list all your information:

Name:
Date of birth:
Client ID:
Application:
Country of citizenship:
Address:
Email:
You can find examples of successful letters of references here: http://goo.gl/47qIZF

Good luck!

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
johnyoung1984 said:
Hi John, the updated letters of reference may be sent by e-mail (OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca) or by mail to the following address:

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

Some of the successful RA/TA reference letters uploaded by the forum members can be found in:
http://goo.gl/47qIZF

In case of work experience other than RA/TA, try to find the appropriate NOC for your work experience and include both leading statements (first paragraph of the job description) and substantial number of duties (>%75-80) mentioned in the corresponding NOC in your letter. Once you get your letter ready, you can also share it here to have the forum members feedback.

Hope it helps. Good luck

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Hmm. So application assignment due date hasn't change right? It sounds like nothing new in this one, am i right? How abt the RCMP screening? or Criminality or Security? According to my last GCMS they did the last update on 9th of August, I think they will also update ur file very soon and will stretch the due date for sure, sorry to say that but at least this is my understanding from my case. May be it could be different.
Hi Kazi,

My file was retrieved on the 18th of August and until that day atleast the application assignment date hadn't changed (27th August). Nothing new though, RCMP had no reportable trace as was the case since May. I have ordered another set of notes yesterday. Let us see if they have updated my points based on my revised reference letters just as they did for Master3. Sorry for the delay in replying, life has been dull and crazy of late !

johnyoung1984

Jun 27, 2012
Thank you guys. I realized that my eligibility was reviewed by SL01732. In the second page of my notes, it says all the eligibility, security, criminality and medical are not started. The FA01772 has not started to review my files yet. By the way, it has been one more year since I submitted my application. So should I count the total hours until now or just give them the total hours one year ago?

I am so disappointed. I get a master degree here in Canada, and my wife also has a college diploma in China. But they didn't give any point for adaptability. This is just so unfair and irresponsible.

Anyway, thank you guys so much for your reply. I appreciated it!

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hello Guys,

Based on my experience, you both guys are not correct! I wish you would have provided some hopes for A.jeneb!

I started my PhD program in September 2011. I submitted my PR application on May 31st, 2013 and received by CIO on June 7th, 2013. My PhD attestation letter was awarded in February 2013 (17 months towards my PhD) it is two academic years not calendar years.

My CC was charged on August 22nd, 2013 and PER was received on August 29th, 2013.

A.jeneb .. this should give you an estimate of how long it takes to get your CC charged and when you will hopefully receive your PER. If your application will be returned (hopefully not), it will have to be for any reason other than the number of completed months.

Best Regards,

Holygun said:
Sorry to say that but you will probably get your application returned to you.
kaziahmmed said:
I agree with Holygun, ur application will be returned for sure. In the letter it has to be clearly mentioned that u have completed two yrs, it doesn't matter how many semester u completed so far, it has to be two calender yrs not academic yrs. Sorry but this is the reality.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
johnyoung1984 said:
Thank you guys. I realized that my eligibility was reviewed by SL01732. In the second page of my notes, it says all the eligibility, security, criminality and medical are not started. The FA01772 has not started to review my files yet. By the way, it has been one more year since I submitted my application. So should I count the total hours until now or just give them the total hours one year ago?

I am so disappointed. I get a master degree here in Canada, and my wife also has a college diploma in China. But they didn't give any point for adaptability. This is just so unfair and irresponsible.

Anyway, thank you guys so much for your reply. I appreciated it!
You can count the total working hours until now. They must consider any updated documents before the final assessment (e.g. updated work reference letter, IELTS score...) I'm pretty sure that some forum members were awarded additional points for updated work experience and IELTS score. If you got a master degree in Canada (at least two years), you should have been awarded these points... (you'll be awarded these points at final assessment if you have provided them with enough proofs)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
NeverGiveUp said:
Oh man, I didn't know your story, sorry to hear that. But, why didn't you try to get a visitor visa for her...?
You waited a long time and I know how hard it is, stay strong, you are almost there, the good days are coming up...
She has applied and rejected coz they r thinking she won't return to back home, they think she doesn't have strong tie which will make her to return :(. Anyway hope our waiting will end up with something good. Thanks man for ur well wishes.

engineer2012

Aug 8, 2013
Hello, I have some questions about the medical form IMM1017. Should it include your personal info typed in or it is just a blank form and you have to write the info yourself? how about the IME no.? Thanks.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
engineer2012 said:
Hello, I have some questions about the medical form IMM1017. Should it include your personal info typed in or it is just a blank form and you have to write the info yourself? how about the IME no.? Thanks.
Hi engineer,

You don't need to write anything on the medical form. It includes all the required information. You will have to give it to your medical doctor when doing your medical test.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
albaik said:
Hello Guys,

Based on my experience, you both guys are not correct! I wish you would have provided some hopes for A.jeneb!

I started my PhD program in September 2011. I submitted my PR application on May 31st, 2013 and received by CIO on June 7th, 2013. My PhD attestation letter was awarded in February 2013 (17 months towards my PhD) it is two academic years not calendar years.

My CC was charged on August 22nd, 2013 and PER was received on August 29th, 2013.

A.jeneb .. this should give you an estimate of how long it takes to get your CC charged and when you will hopefully receive your PER. If your application will be returned (hopefully not), it will have to be for any reason other than the number of completed months.

Best Regards,
Well I have my spouse rejected/returned her application, and 2 other friends.

Depends on the case officer maybe. But I know at least 6 people who got their applications returned last year.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Holygun said:
Well I have my spouse rejected/returned her application, and 2 other friends.

Depends on the case officer maybe. But I know at least 6 people who got their applications returned last year.
My application was also returned for the same person and a person who applied in June 2013 can not really make a judgement very rigidly.

A.jenab

May 21, 2013
Holygun said:
kaziahmmed said:
My application was also returned for the same person and a person who applied in June 2013 can not really make a judgement very rigidly.
albaik said:

Thank you guys (Holygun, Kaziahmmed, and Albaik) for sharing your experience with me.

I was told it would be possible; two of my colleagues were able to get their PER after 4 semesters (They were in Canada less than a month before starting their PhD). Also, last fall our university organized a meeting with an officer and the guy clearly mentioned that it is possible to apply. I wasn't there but those two friends I mentioned were and applied immediately. So, I took my chance... plus I can resubmit the whole application after being returned. No harm done yet :)

As one of you said, it might be the officers choice/decision.

Will keep the forum posted if I receive any news :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
A.jenab said:
Thank you guys (Holygun, Kaziahmmed, and Albaik) for sharing your experience with me.

I was told it would be possible; two of my colleagues were able to get their PER after 4 semesters (They were in Canada less than a month before starting their PhD). Also, last fall our university organized a meeting with an officer and the guy clearly mentioned that it is possible to apply. I wasn't there but those two friends I mentioned were and applied immediately. So, I took my chance... plus I can resubmit the whole application after being returned. No harm done yet :)

As one of you said, it might be the officers choice/decision.

Will keep the forum posted if I receive any news :)
We definitely would be happy to see you get the acceptance but this is also very true when they make such idiotic unfair mistake inconsistently then ppl like us definitely would get mad. I had submitted my application in Nov, 2011 after completion of 5 semesters in my phd and also provided my official transcript as a proof but they returned my documents in February 2012, if they would accept my documents by that time I would have recvd my PR by now and don 't need waste my fxxxxxx time on this PR thing instead of concentrating in my research.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
A.jenab said:
plus I can resubmit the whole application after being returned. No harm done yet :)
Well, if you don't mind taking the chance of possibly being rejected after a long wait, then we wish you luck and that you won't need to re-apply.

A.jenab said:
two of my colleagues were able to get their PER after 4 semesters (They were in Canada less than a month before starting their PhD).
Getting PER from CIO is one thing. But the final decision is from CPP-O. And we have seen cases where PER was granted by CIO and the final decision by CPP-O was negative. CIO only does preliminary overall check and can let some issues pass or just pass the decision to CPP-O. Adaptability points for previous years in the PhD studies is one example of this.