+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
ryan_glory said:
It seems like they have assigned GG to consider and evaluate updated documents after SL's review. Maybe because most of us updated our letters after SL evaluation. So it's a new thing. He hasn't actually put any note in my file besides changing my work exp. from 2 to 4 yrs and granting 4 points for that.
I received my GCMS report today and it seems that they have not started my security check yet. How it could be possible? I have done my medical test in February :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Master3 said:
Note 5
Date : 2013/05/03
Updated by : SL01732
66 points

Note 1
Date : 2013/07/23
Updated by : GG6553
70 points

I hope it helps you.
This is really a great news for all those who are relying on the TA/RA. It was very stressful for all of us but thankfully its getting worthy. By the way Master3 what is your eligibility status, did they recommend you passed? Nd what is your application assessment due date now? I am asking since our time line is pretty close to mine. In my last GCMS I have seen they pushed it to October in my case. RCMP screening report also appears in the last report. How about you? Hope our long wait will come to end with some happy news. Good luck everyone. And once again Congrats NeverGive up.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
This is really a great news for all those who are relying on the TA/RA. It was very stressful for all of us but thankfully its getting worthy. By the way Master3 what is your eligibility status, did they recommend you passed? Nd what is your application assessment due date now? I am asking since our time line is pretty close to mine. In my last GCMS I have seen they pushed it to October in my case. RCMP screening report also appears in the last report. How about you? Hope our long wait will come to end with some happy news. Good luck everyone. And once again Congrats NeverGive up.
My eligibility status is blank now.
My application assessment was 2013/07/30 and didn't change.
I had RCMP before.

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
samira sokn said:
I received my GCMS report today and it seems that they have not started my security check yet. How it could be possible? I have done my medical test in February :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No wonder. You are from Iran ...

Samira, could you check some thing for me plz. How many times did they have assessed you eligibility?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
samira sokn said:
It is the case for a number of us. Seems like that they hide the security screening informations in the notes.

cyn0sure

Jul 7, 2012
kg.jadu said:
Are you sure they understood you right? Based on what I know about your case, your application was *returned*, not *rejected*. It simply did not qualify and did not even enter processing, hence no rejection. I would suggest double-checking.

Anyways, even if you answer "yes", it wouldn't affect your further applications in any way, especially when you give the details about your "rejection".

Good luck!
Thank you for your advice.

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
aidina said:
It is the case for a number of us. Seems like that they hide the security screening informations in the notes.
Yes it is hidden but in the first page it says that the security has not been started.

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
Master3 said:
No wonder. You are from Iran ...

Samira, could you check some thing for me plz. How many times did they have assessed you eligibility?
Yes but I applied in Feb 2012 and I have done my medical test on Feb 2013.
The eligibility was assessed twice. D

Does anyone know what does SII indicator mean in security check?

A.jenab

May 21, 2013
Hello All,
Based on some discussions in this forum and my friends experiences, I have applied after my fifth semester (not two years but 20 month or so). In my university letter, they mentioned that I have passed 5 semesters toward my PhD.

I have sent my application on Aug 20 and it was received and signed on Aug 23. Now, I am waiting for my PER or the return of my application if the 4 semester rule would not be applicable for everyone!

My question is that how many of you guys were successful in getting PER with 4 or 5 semesters instead of 2 years? Besides, do you guys know how long does it take to charge my CC or even returning my application?
Cheers

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samira sokn said:
Yes but I applied in Feb 2012 and I have done my medical test on Feb 2013.
The eligibility was assessed twice. D

Does anyone know what does SII indicator mean in security check?
Maybe, it is Security Investigation Index Indicator (it is just a guess). Is it yes or no?
In my last GCMS notes, it is changed to yes.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
A.jenab said:
Hello All,
Based on some discussions in this forum and my friends experiences, I have applied after my fifth semester (not two years but 20 month or so). In my university letter, they mentioned that I have passed 5 semesters toward my PhD.

I have sent my application on Aug 20 and it was received and signed on Aug 23. Now, I am waiting for my PER or the return of my application if the 4 semester rule would not be applicable for everyone!

My question is that how many of you guys were successful in getting PER with 4 or 5 semesters instead of 2 years? Besides, do you guys know how long does it take to charge my CC or even returning my application?
Cheers

Sorry to say that but you will probably get your application returned to you.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
A.jenab said:
Hello All,

Cheers
I agree with Holygun, ur application will be returned for sure. In the letter it has to be clearly mentioned that u have completed two yrs, it doesn't matter how many semester u completed so far, it has to be two calender yrs not academic yrs. Sorry but this is the reality.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
NeverGiveUp said:
Thanks a lot, Kazi, hope to see your smiling face once again, shortly :)
Thanks a lot buddy, wish ur words comes true quickly, getting impatient day by days. Got married in almost two yrs ago after than me and my wife is isolated for so long nd we r just waiting our immigration to be done so that we can start our family.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
Thanks a lot buddy, wish ur words comes true quickly, getting impatient day by days. Got married in almost two yrs ago after than me and my wife is isolated for so long nd we r just waiting our immigration to be done so that we can start our family.
Oh man, I didn't know your story, sorry to hear that. But, why didn't you try to get a visitor visa for her...?
You waited a long time and I know how hard it is, stay strong, you are almost there, the good days are coming up...