19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
utopie said:
Hahaha yes third timer here! Maybe I can set a guinness record for the applicant who tried the most streams (CEC, PNP, PhD stream). Jokes aside I really hope this one works. Fingers crossed and thanks!
Guys, I made a small Histogram of the Countries which applied in the first year of the stream:

Vietnam 1
USA 2
UK 1
Singapore 1
Russia 1
PRC 1
Pakistan 2
Nigeria 2
Mexico 2
Malaysia 1
Iraq 1
Iran 33
Indonesia 1
India 12
Georgia 1
France 2
Egypt 9
China 29
Brazil 1
Bangladesh 4

We have about 20 nationalities represented, and the vast majority is of Iranians and Chineses. Almost 3 times the amount of people from Egypt, 2.6 of Indians. Kinda crazy.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
TRT_Flynn said:
Found in this page:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp
ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Thank you. I will give it a try because I changed my address on ECAS weeks ago for the second time and still hasn't changed.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Lets write a paper on that :)

TyrusX said:
Guys, I made a small Histogram of the Countries which applied in the first year of the stream:

Vietnam 1
USA 2
UK 1
Singapore 1
Russia 1
PRC 1
Pakistan 2
Nigeria 2
Mexico 2
Malaysia 1
Iraq 1
Iran 33
Indonesia 1
India 12
Georgia 1
France 2
Egypt 9
China 29
Brazil 1
Bangladesh 4

We have about 20 nationalities represented, and the vast majority is of Iranians and Chineses. Almost 3 times the amount of people from Egypt, 2.6 of Indians. Kinda crazy.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
AF___ said:
Those who did their medical, how long does the whole thing take? I have an appointment around noon and some commitments in the afternoon, just wondering if I should re-schedule!
I would probably re-schedule. In my case, the whole process took a little more than 3 hours. The actual medical exam is pretty fast, but you have to wait in line to be attended, even when you have an appointment. Then they send you to the x-rays. Usually, you need to get your x-ray in a different location. Finally, the step that took the longest was the blood work. They had the biggest lineup and they were extremely slow.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:

Vietnam 1
USA 2
UK 1
Singapore 1
Russia 1
PRC 1
Pakistan 2
Nigeria 2
Mexico 2
Malaysia 1
Iraq 1
Iran 33
Indonesia 1
India 12
Georgia 1
France 2
Egypt 9
China 29
Brazil 1
Bangladesh 4

We need to investigate the effect of noise on that.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hooman2012 said:
We need to investigate the effect of noise on that.
LOL. Noise, such as PRC not being counted as China? :p
If I have the time. I will see how many rejections we got per nationality.
Unfortunately given the small amount of people in most nationalities, we are going to have things like: French, 100% rejected! Don't come to Canada! You are not welcome, go to Quebec!

But I'm pretty sure this statistics more or less hold when considered the 1000 applicants. Especially for the larger nationalities. Curiously, the Philippines is very much non present here.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
pass2012 said:
ECAS updates "Medical results have been received". 50 days after the medical exam has been done.
Congrats. Mine was 49 days ago. No changes yet. I think it will take much longer for me :(

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
LOL. Noise, such as PRC not being counted as China? :p
If I have the time. I will see how many rejections we got per nationality.
Unfortunately given the small amount of people in most nationalities, we are going to have things like: French, 100% rejected! Don't come to Canada! You are not welcome, go to Quebec!

But I'm pretty sure this statistics more or less hold when considered the 1000 applicants. Especially for the larger nationalities. Curiously, the Philippines is very much non present here.
Philippines - yes I kinda notice that. Especially since from the stats that CIC provides shows that they are one of the top 3 applicants across the board. I'm guessing there are mostly coming in as other categories e.g. blue collar and other skilled workers.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Philippines - yes I kinda notice that. Especially since from the stats that CIC provides shows that they are one of the top 3 applicants across the board. I'm guessing there are mostly coming in as other categories e.g. blue collar and other skilled workers.
Nursing mainly. They have some of the best Nursing schools in the world there.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
pass2012 said:
ECAS updates "Medical results have been received". 50 days after the medical exam has been done.
Congrats!. When did you do your medical? I got my medical request one day after you in Feb 1, but I did my medical in Feb 6. You? My ECAS is not showing medical received yet.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
rgb said:
Congrats!. When did you do your medical? I got my medical request one day after you in Feb 1, but I did my medical in Feb 6. You? My ECAS is not showing medical received yet.
Think we can expect something next week. Mine as on Feb 5. So your was 48 days ago. I just called the doctor to see when did they send my report to CIC. I think they may have taken more than usual.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
Nursing mainly. They have some of the best Nursing schools in the world there.
Yup, not to mention nannies, kitchen assistance, etc. One thing is they have no problem with English.

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
rgb said:
I did the medical exam on Feb. 5. My doctor said my medical result was sent out on Feb. 15.