Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
According to kenney:
We've managed to reduce the overall immigration backlog from 1 million in 2011 to 616,000 now, & project it will be at 436,000 in 2015.
He should put a hold on applications for another year. 616 thousand people waiting! Just crazy.
Am I reading that correctly? They expect to still be processing MI-1 applications from 2010 up to 2015? So much for 'on-demand' applications for FSW1...

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
As I see the immigration Excel sheet that they are processing ONE by ONE to reach me, I become Fu...ing stressed out.

I have a question, If I got rejected, If I want to apply again I do not need to claim the work experience from my country. It is an extra headache .
How do I do that? should I have that work experience letter again because I claim in the the previous application?
Or I can say I work for whatever but I do not have the letter any more, and I do not need the points for that?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
The irritating thing is, it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to assess work experience against lead statements and main duties of the claimed NOC, but it would save the applicants potentially more than a year in waiting (if rejected). I think Sydney should definitely be responsibility for work experience descriptions and all selection factor stuff, whereas the VOs can concentrate on more serious stuff such as background, criminality, security POF, and medical checks, and also verification of documents.

You all should vote for me to be the next immigration minister once you become Canadian citizens :D
You are parting from the principle that they actually want the applicants well being. But in Canada, no one cares for you :p They would rather take your money now and reject you later :D

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
asbereth said:
The irritating thing is, it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to assess work experience against lead statements and main duties of the claimed NOC, but it would save the applicants potentially more than a year in waiting (if rejected). I think Sydney should definitely be responsibility for work experience descriptions and all selection factor stuff, whereas the VOs can concentrate on more serious stuff such as background, criminality, security POF, and medical checks, and also verification of documents.

To save hassles, time and money, if work experience description is deemed 'incomplete', or 'not matching substantial number of NOC main duties', then Sydney should return the application completely, but once it got passed to VOs, all the VOs need to do is NOT to once again check the work experience description, but to verify whether the work experience is valid and not fraudulently obtained. I think this would make things much much more efficient, and would not hang thousands of people in balance for months and years with no apparent light at the end of the tunnel. By the time they get PER, they know they would know they would not get rejected due to work experience description bullcrap (if legitimately obtained).

As I said, this would add 5 minutes of an extra work per application for Sydney employees, so fine, we'll compensate them for these 5 minutes by paying an extra 10 bucks for our applications.

You all should vote for me to be the next immigration minister once you become Canadian citizens :D
Some applications are already checked for that at Sydney, so basically the Ottawa VO re-does this work!
I think the VO officers should be the ones paying the extra $10 LOL!

Anyway, it's just a matter of consistency, either Sydney checks work experience for all applications and the VO just verifies that this is true or Sydney doesn't check any application and leaves it to the VO...

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hany001 said:
Some applications are already checked for that at Sydney, so basically the Ottawa VO re-does this work!
I think the VO officers should be the ones paying the extra $10 LOL!

Anyway, it's just a matter of consistency, either Sydney checks work experience for all applications and the VO just verifies that this is true or Sydney doesn't check any application and leaves it to the VO...

Sydney checks the work experience letters.

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
I can't believe! After one year they told me my application is rejected! Because NOC code duties is not exactly the same as duties in my employment letter! Is there any way I can do something? I sent them an email asking for new employment letter but they response me back "you are decision made and rejected. please apply again"!!!! I AM SO ANGRY

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
lili2013 said:
I can't believe! After one year they told me my application is rejected! Because NOC code duties is not exactly the same as duties in my employment letter! Is there any way I can do something? I sent them an email asking for new employment letter but they response me back "you are decision made and rejected. please apply again"!!!! I AM SO ANGRY
I am so sorry to hear that. Which NOC did you use?

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
Guys, I made a small Histogram of the Countries which applied in the first year of the stream:

Vietnam 1
USA 2
UK 1
Singapore 1
Russia 1
PRC 1
Pakistan 2
Nigeria 2
Mexico 2
Malaysia 1
Iraq 1
Iran 33
Indonesia 1
India 12
Georgia 1
France 2
Egypt 9
China 29
Brazil 1
Bangladesh 4

We have about 20 nationalities represented, and the vast majority is of Iranians and Chineses. Almost 3 times the amount of people from Egypt, 2.6 of Indians. Kinda crazy.
If you consider the population of Iran and China, you can conclude that the average number of applications from Iran is more than 20 times the average number of applications from China ;-)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
mehroonir said:
If you consider the population of Iran and China, you can conclude that the average number of applications from Iran is more than 20 times the average number of applications from China ;-)
Yep. REALLY CRAZY! The worst part is that with so many bright people leaving the country there will be very few left to change the current system. What is exactly what the government wants, I suppose.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:
Yep. REALLY CRAZY! The worst part is that with so many bright people leaving the country there will be very few left to change the current system. What is exactly what the government wants, I suppose.

Confirmed!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
lili2013 said:

Sorry to hear that. This happened to many of us.
Can you post your work letters and the reason they wrote in the refusal email?

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
lili2013 said:
could you please show us the part of your job description so that people can figure out why it is again not match:)

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
Agreed!

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. Would somebody answer to the following question?

Has anybody been rejected because of not having minimum fund deposited in bank account for the whole 6 months (Assuming the total balance is OK)?

Thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. Would somebody answer to the following question?

Has anybody been rejected because of not having minimum fund deposited in bank account for the whole 6 months (Assuming the total balance is OK)?

Thanks
Hum, I actually think everyone has been ok so far.