+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have some concerns about my immigration application. I submitted my application in March, 2012 and got the file number in early April, 2012. I haven't gotten any news from CIC so far. Is this normal situation? I left the email as the main connection way for CIC. if CIC request any documents or medical check, will I get the notice from email or mail? Thanks.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Which NOC code did you use ?

lili2013 said:
I can't believe! After one year they told me my application is rejected! Because NOC code duties is not exactly the same as duties in my employment letter! Is there any way I can do something? I sent them an email asking for new employment letter but they response me back "you are decision made and rejected. please apply again"!!!! I AM SO ANGRY

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
unb_wood said:
Hi Guys,

I have some concerns about my immigration application. I submitted my application in March, 2012 and got the file number in early April, 2012. I haven't gotten any news from CIC so far. Is this normal situation? I left the email as the main connection way for CIC. if CIC request any documents or medical check, will I get the notice from email or mail? Thanks.

Mingkai
just add the email id of CPP -O in your contact list to prevent from being filtered as spam mail.
Regarding your concern it may be normal. Just check the track sheet. If you are falling apart then email CPP-O

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Uwindsor2009 said:
just add the email id of CPP -O in your contact list to prevent from being filtered as spam mail.
Regarding your concern it may be normal. Just check the track sheet. If you are falling apart then email CPP-O
Thanks for your remind.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Uwindsor2009 said:
Yep, absolutely normal. Average processing time is 15 months. What means that 50% of the time is more than that.

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
TyrusX said:
Yep, absolutely normal. Average processing time is 15 months. What means that 50% of the time is more than that.
I checked the website of CIC. For the FSW application after June 20, 2010,the processing times at Ottawa office is 15 months.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
unb_wood said:
I checked the website of CIC. For the FSW application after June 20, 2010,the processing times at Ottawa office is 15 months.
Yep, in average. there are people waiting for 3 years in other threads.

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hi All
I just submitted my application, the only thing I begin to little worry is that job certificate, as many people got rejection letters which worry me. I have a more than on year full time work experience in my homecountry as a scientific editor. here is my work certificate the press gave me. I feel that I satisfy the lead statement and some job duties, but the description is not so long. I see some people still got rejection even if their job description is perfect:( could any one evaluate my job description. Is that possible to send them a supporting letter showing more detail for safety?
thanks guys

the job NOC is 5122: editor

this is to certify that MR.XXX (DOB:.... Passport No,...) worked as a full-time editor in science editorial department of
our company from XXX to XXX. He is responsible for editing and evaluating books and materials of science class, reviewing
and checking grammar and print format, and gathering new manuscripts for teaching matieral. MR.XXX's annual income is
XXXX and his working time is 40 hours/week.

the NOC 5122 description is :
5122 Editors
Editors review, evaluate and edit manuscripts, articles, news reports and other material for publication, broadcast or interactive media and co-ordinate the activities of writers, journalists and other staff. They are employed by publishing firms, magazines, journals, newspapers, radio and television networks and stations, and by companies and government departments that produce publications such as newsletters, handbooks, manuals and Web sites. Editors may also work on a freelance basis.

Main duties

Editors perform some or all of the following duties:
Evaluate suitability of manuscripts, articles, news copy and wire service dispatches for publication, broadcast or electronic media and recommend or make changes in content, style and organization
Read and edit copy to be published or broadcast to detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar and syntax, and shorten or lengthen copy as space or time requires
•Confer with authors, staff writers, reporters and others regarding revisions to copy
•Plan and implement layout or format of copy according to space or time allocations and significance of copy
•Plan and co-ordinate activities of staff and assure production deadlines are met
•Plan coverage of upcoming events and assign work accordingly
•Write or prepare introductions, marketing and promotional materials, bibliographic references, indexes and other text
•May negotiate royalties with authors and arrange for payment of freelance staff.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hi neuron,

The question is, do you need to rely on your NOC 5122 work experience to get above 67 points? Judging from what you wrote, I would say that your descriptions look fine, though I may not necessarily see things the way Ottawa officers see things, though admittedly they can as easily say that the number of main duties covered are not enough.

It's probably not too late to send an additional explanation letter, though you have to indeed make sure that you really indeed did perform all the additional tasks you will mention in the additional letter.

Good luck, and keep us updated on how things go :)

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
asbereth said:
Hi neuron,

The question is, do you need to rely on your NOC 5122 work experience to get above 67 points? Judging from what you wrote, I would say that your descriptions look fine, though I may not necessarily see things the way Ottawa officers see things, though admittedly they can as easily say that the number of main duties covered are not enough.

It's probably not too late to send an additional explanation letter, though you have to indeed make sure that you really indeed did perform all the additional tasks you will mention in the additional letter.

thanks asbereth

I need this to get above 67, although I have finished 2ys Ph.D. I also have a letter from supervisor showing my TA/RA in canada, but I think TA/RA experience is too weak, I did not expect to use TA/RA to get minimum 15 points. As I understand, even under Ph.D. we still need to satisfy at least one year full-time paid work experience, right? therefore, this letter from Press is important, because it is a regular job. Also, I think I can get 5 points for adaptation because my wife has a master's degree and more than 17 years education, but I still need 15 points from work experience.

probabiliy I send them a supporting letter for safety. Yes, who knows what is going on in their mind? but at least they should follow the law. I will keep me updated and give more experience to other people...

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
asbereth said:
Hi neuron,

asbereth
BTW, I see you applied as NOC 4012, do they consider TA/RA as a full-time paied work (40hours/week). Do they believe a Ph.D student works as a fulltime worker? as we all know, a pHD is a half-position in university, although our actual working time is much more than 8 hours

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
lili2013 said:
I can't believe! After one year they told me my application is rejected! Because NOC code duties is not exactly the same as duties in my employment letter! Is there any way I can do something? I sent them an email asking for new employment letter but they response me back "you are decision made and rejected. please apply again"!!!! I AM SO ANGRY
That is the most common reason for rejection. What is your timeline?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
unb_wood said:
Hi Guys,

They have recently started processing March applicants, and so far they have contacted those applied before March 15th. It is close, do not worry.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
neuron said:
asbereth
BTW, I see you applied as NOC 4012, do they consider TA/RA as a full-time paied work (40hours/week). Do they believe a Ph.D student works as a fulltime worker? as we all know, a pHD is a half-position in university, although our actual working time is much more than 8 hours
They may be reluctant to award 40 hours per week for TA/RA, but we have confirmed that several TA/RA only applications got accepted, and they all got their PR's. I personally knew two people who already got their PR applying using only TA/RA (though it was CEC last year). It's just the matter of how strong your letter is. And since you need only to have 1,950 continuous hours, if you write your letter in a clever way, you can easily get these hours. Do you mind sharing what you wrote for TA/RA descriptions?

Victory 2013

Jan 11, 2013
Hello Seniors,

I got documents request for proof of fund,then I have sent it 8 days ago. However, I forgot to write 'Section B' but I wrote 7th floor. What should I do??? According to the FedEx, my application reached on 19 March and signed by 'XXX'.

Appreciate ur help:))