AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I got my birth certificate translated and certified, and also got an affidavit. As per instructions we cannot translate the documents ourselves, especially that require an affidavit and certification. But for that one document I had to pay quite a bit.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Re: Proof of funds if we're in Canada and other questions

palomita said:
Hi all, i'm just starting to gather the docs and reviewing the application package. I have a couple of questions, would be great if some of you can give me some advice.

1. do we need to submit proof of funds even if we're in canada? My husband has a fulltime job here and I have the TA, but we don't make enough to have the amount they suggest in our savings account. In relation with this, I'm not sure if I need to submit proof of funds for my daughter too, she's a canadian citizen.

2. Regarding the translations, did you guys pay for a certified translation? I mean besides the affidavit we also need to submit a certified copy?

thanks a lot,

palomita
Translate all the documents that are not in english, and yes, they need to be certified as per checklist: "If your documents are
not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the original version."

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

TyrusX said:
Translate all the documents that are not in english, and yes, they need to be certified as per checklist: "If your documents are
not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the original version."
I have some previous working contracts, which cover at least 30 pages texts overall. To pay translation fee for that should be a big amount of money. ;D I prefer translating by myself. But for some most important documents I did the certified translation or notirization. However for additional supporting documents, I will not pay for the translation.

palomita

Sep 25, 2012
Thanks guys for the useful answers, I guess I'm gonna try to call in a ''Thursday' and doble check the funds thing. And regarding the translation makes total sense to me to pay only for the really important documents. Thanks and I keep you posted, I'll try to hand them in during this year's cap! Let's see.

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
ppb12 said:
It is saying,
f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they

(i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and

(ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;

I know the above rule. I also experienced that. I also understand Hawii is part of USA. But certainly why the question is arising for Howaii. Somebody mentioned that there might have different rule. I also know that if some body live in Howaii with valid US visa (may vary with citizenship), he or she needs visa for entering in USA main land. That is forcing me to believe that there might have different rule to re-enter canada from Howaii. Actually I am checking this for my wife, her canadian visa expaired but she has valid study permit. She is thinking to join with me. Did you confirm from any other source?
Here are two more refs:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp
http://www.cie.utoronto.ca/Coming/Prepare-for-Arrival/Entry-Visa.htm

Today I called Pearson Airport and they told me I will need visa to re-enter Canada following a visit to Hawaii and Alaska.

So, I have decided not to go to Hawaii. Please update me if you have any other info.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
MASOUD2011 said:
Here are two more refs:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp
http://www.cie.utoronto.ca/Coming/Prepare-for-Arrival/Entry-Visa.htm

Today I called Pearson Airport and they told me I will need visa to re-enter Canada following a visit to Hawaii and Alaska.

So, I have decided not to go to Hawaii. Please update me if you have any other info.
Two of my friends just got back from Alaska and Hawaii without having a valid visa and only had study permit

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
I got the PER email today

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013

palomita said:
Hi all, i'm just starting to gather the docs and reviewing the application package. I have a couple of questions, would be great if some of you can give me some advice.

1. do we need to submit proof of funds even if we're in canada? My husband has a fulltime job here and I have the TA, but we don't make enough to have the amount they suggest in our savings account. In relation with this, I'm not sure if I need to submit proof of funds for my daughter too, she's a canadian citizen.

2. Regarding the translations, did you guys pay for a certified translation? I mean besides the affidavit we also need to submit a certified copy?

thanks a lot,

palomita
Hi..u actually need to show funds for all three of you...i was in a similar situation with both myself and my husband and our son who was born in canada....by proof of funds they mean for a family of three...i'm assuming your child is a minor too and cannot support himself/herself...so this was what an immigration officer who came to our university told us...

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Dani1982 said:
Two of my friends just got back from Alaska and Hawaii without having a valid visa and only had study permit
Now I am totally confused!

I asked the person if he was sure that I will need visa to re-enter Canada and he answered: "Sir, this has been my job for the last 12 years!"

I have only 10 days and need to make a decision. But I don't know what should I do!!!