Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
tarkan said:
Hi Geocanadian,
Congratulations. It is such a great news. What did you ask them when you sent your email ? Did you just ask for the status? Did you mention that the regular processing time has passed in your case ?
This is what I wrote and they were kind enough to reply, albeit two weeks later and too late for me :) :

"Dear Sir/Madam,
It has been over 16 months since I filed my application under the FSW PhD stream. CIC website states that processing time for FSW application at CPP-Ottawa is 13 month. Please, kindly update me on the status of my application. I'd appreciate letting me know when I may hear of the final decision. This information is critical as I need to decide whether or not my family needs to apply for change/extension of their work and study permits. Since the new academic year is almost upon us and my sons are not able to register for their schools without either their PR status or, alternatively, new study permits, I need to know whether or not to expect the final decision on our Canadian PR application soon.

Look forward to your kind reply."

gleb

Aug 5, 2012
Hi forum members,

I saw the topic of getting a TRV visa was touched on this thread but I didn't find the answer.
Does anybody try to get a TRV while waiting for a PR under PhD stream?
I have some conferences outside Canada an the US upcoming and my TRV gets expired soon.

Thank you,

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Guys, do you think we need to get a fresh form from CIC if we decide to re-do the medical examinations in case our previous results were missed by CIC?

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Aidina, I assume that you did e-medical. Usually in the file CIC attaches to the medical request email there is a 7 digit number called IME. Even u use the same number to be able to make an appointment with Dr.'s office.
In my case, after I finished my tests with my Dr., the secretary printed out a paper for me which was entitled "E medical referral letter" and she asked to to send a copy of this letter to CIC. I am not sure that the sending part help me or not. BTW, Have you quoted this number and the day you were in Dr.s office to your Dr,and still they are rejecting you to let you know when they sent your results to CIC. This is awkward :(
I think you can ask the question from Dr.'s office. Because He/She is the one who should be able to submit your results to the system. Based on what they said, they do not have access to your file once they submit the results.

Good luck

aidina said:
Guys, do you think we need to get a fresh form from CIC if we decide to re-do the medical examinations in case our previous results were missed by CIC?

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
BTW, me eCAS status just changed to "Decision Made". I got my passport request email in about a week.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
kuzey said:
Aidina, I assume that you did e-medical. Usually in the file CIC attaches to the medical request email there is a 7 digit number called IME. Even u use the same number to be able to make an appointment with Dr.'s office.
In my case, after I finished my tests with my Dr., the secretary printed out a paper for me which was entitled "E medical referral letter" and she asked to to send a copy of this letter to CIC. I am not sure that the sending part help me or not. BTW, Have you quoted this number and the day you were in Dr.s office to your Dr,and still they are rejecting you to let you know when they sent your results to CIC. This is awkward :(
I think you can ask the question from Dr.'s office. Because He/She is the one who should be able to submit your results to the system. Based on what they said, they do not have access to your file once they submit the results.

Good luck
She checked the e-medical for me, and then said all the information has gone, and I cannot tell you when your results were sent! She identified my wife as one of his clients and said her results were sent to CIC for sure as she was not sick. We have got an appointment for August 19th, but do not know if she needs to re-take the examination or not. It is very difficult to get an appointment here in my city, and you usually need to wait about 2 month to have one.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
kuzey said:
Based on what they said, they do not have access to your file once they submit the results.

Good luck
The doctors do have access to the medical files, as my Dr. resent my results to Ottawa, and he showed me my file on his PC.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
aidina said:
We have got an appointment for August 19th, but do not know if she needs to re-take the examination or not. It is very difficult to get an appointment here in my city, and you usually need to wait about 2 month to have one.
As long as you keep the receipts, you will not have to retake your test. This is not your fault and is their problem, and they have to resolve the issue. For your doctor it's like a click to resend the result.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi all!

In the main application, there is one question: "Date and place of your last entry to Canada"
I can came Canada with study permit two years ago but I visited my country this May. Should I put my last entry i.e. May, 2013 or it means my initial entry to Canada?

If anyone is studying an "Undergraduate degree", what would be her highest level of education?
-Secondary or less
0r
-Post-secondary (No degree)?

Blackhorse

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Can anyone help me in this question?
I wanna update my reference letter and work experience. What should I write in the cover letter as a reason of updating my old letters?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Blackhorse said:
Can anyone help me in this question?
I wanna update my reference letter and work experience. What should I write in the cover letter as a reason of updating my old letters?
You do not have to write any reason, I just wrote my info as name, birth date, file number..etc, then asked them to attach the updated letter to my application.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
kuzey said:
BTW, me eCAS status just changed to "Decision Made". I got my passport request email in about a week.
Congratulations Kuzey. It seems like they don't like the June Applican'ts :(

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
NeverGiveUp said:
As long as you keep the receipts, you will not have to retake your test. This is not your fault and is their problem, and they have to resolve the issue. For your doctor it's like a click to resend the result.
I will try again, but she is not willing to help. CIC does not say that they have lost the results. They say a review of your file shows we are missing your wife's results. It might be the case her results have not been approved yet by their medical officer, but they have received it. I think I should wait for their 2nd e-mail to see what is going on. BTW, I do agree with you. t should be very for the Dr. to re-send the results.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
aalm said:
Hi all!

In the main application, there is one question: "Date and place of your last entry to Canada"
I can came Canada with study permit two years ago but I visited my country this May. Should I put my last entry i.e. May, 2013 or it means my initial entry to Canada?

If anyone is studying an "Undergraduate degree", what would be her highest level of education?
-Secondary or less
0r
-Post-secondary (No degree)?
You need to give the details of your latest entry to Canada that is May 2013. If somebody is still doing their undergrad their highest level of education is High school since undergraduation is not completed yet and is still in progress.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
NeverGiveUp said:
I was again told that it is e-medical, and we have no access to anything. If necessary you must take the examination again. They even do not feel ashamed. It is Montreal by the way. I found nobody polite and kind there.