+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
Are you saying that the RA letter should be signed by department?
This is not gonna happen because they just do not do it. TA letter yes but RA no.
No, I am just asking. My RA and TA were both signed by the department chair.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
asbereth said:
It's going to depend from cases to cases. Rather my supervisor, I actually had the department head to sign my letter. But then again, I think it does not matter, as it just needs to be signed by the 'responsible officer', so whether it's department head, or supervisor, it should be fine.
Department head in my university is not going to sign it. Because they say they do not have permission to include working hours for RA.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
No, I am just asking. My RA and TA were both signed by the department chair.
How did you do that? I once tried to do that, they reaction was really bad, he said your supervisor does not have permission to do this.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
My both letters were signed by the department chair. Okay, then, it is fine. I want to assure that I will not make another stupid mistake in my new applications. When I remember 1 year of waiting, it makes me upset :(.
What was the problem? did you find out?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
asbereth said:
It's going to depend from cases to cases. Rather my supervisor, I actually had the department head to sign my letter. But then again, I think it does not matter, as it just needs to be signed by the 'responsible officer', so whether it's department head, or supervisor, it should be fine.
Did your RA/TA letter confirms that you are enrolled as a PhD student and meanwhile you work as a RA and TA. I am not sure if I need to say that all those RA and TA have been accumulated while I have been enrolled in a PhD program or just confirm that I have worked as RA/TA without indicating I have been enrolled in the PhD program for the same period of time!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
What was the problem? did you find out?
It depends on whether he considered both letters or just the 1st one. The first letter was too brief not listing any duty for my RA position. The 2nd one was perfect in my opinion. The officer accepted my TA but refused my RA. Hours spent for my TA position was not equivalent to 1 year of full time work experience, however.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
Did you have your last letter signed my the department?
I didn't use my RA/TA. When I applied, I hired a lawyer for an hour to check my application, and she told me that RA/TA was difficult to prove as work experience, so I decided not to include it. As older people remember, in the beginning we were not even sure if they would accept it or not.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
I didn't use my RA/TA. When I applied, I hired a lawyer for an hour to check my application, and she told me that RA/TA was difficult to prove as work experience, so I decided not to include it. As older people remember, in the beginning we were not even sure if they would accept it or not.

Then what? Can we claim TA/RA or not? I think there was a long discussion about this and finally every body convinced that TA/RA can be considered as work experinece.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
Then what? Can we claim TA/RA or not? I think there was a long discussion about this and finally every body convinced that TA/RA can be considered as work experinece.
Sure we can. There are people who passed the assessment only with their TA/RA. I told it before, the case officer accepted my TA, but the hours spent did not add up to 1 year of full time work experience. He did not say that TA/RA are not acceptable work experience:

"Although the duties listed for your work as a Teaching Assistant did match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected, you had less than the full-time equivalent of one year of work experience."

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
Sure we can. There are people who passed the assessment only with their TA/RA. I told it before, the case officer accepted my TA, but the hours spent did not add up to 1 year of full time work experience. He did not say that TA/RA are not acceptable work experience:

"Although the duties listed for your work as a Teaching Assistant did match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected, you had less than the full-time equivalent of one year of work experience."

That is what I am saying. May be they just ignore RA as work experience. Right?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
That is what I am saying. May be they just ignore RA as work experience. Right?
I do not think so. Looking at the NOC 4122, both are accepted. He did not deny it. He said the duties you listed do not match those listed under the NOC code you selected.

"4122 Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants: Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges."

We must write a letter which has all the information posted under the NOC code.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4012

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
I do not think so. Looking at the NOC 4122, both are accepted. He did not deny it. He said the duties you listed do not match those listed under the NOC code you selected.

"4122 Post-Secondary Teaching and Research Assistants: Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges."

We must write a letter which has all the information posted under the NOC code.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4012
Then what was the reason that they just did not accept your RA?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
Then what was the reason that they just did not accept your RA?
This is the rejection e-mail I received:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from your employer did not list job duties or responsibilities as a Research Assistant that match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected. Although the duties listed for your work as a Teaching Assistant did match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected, you had less than the full-time equivalent of one year of work experience.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
He just ignore your RA, If I were you I would do something, If you truly believe that your updated RA was good one, then you have to do something

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hooman2012 said:
Of course we can. I just didn't do it and didn't bother sending them the letters I got from my supervisor.