26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kg.jadu said:
I thought you might find this link useful: http://grad.uwo.ca/faculty_staff/financial_support/compensation.html. It distinguishes between the "Graduate Research Assistant" (GRA) and "Research Assistant" (RA). GRA is the research you are doing your Professor, and it is directly related to your thesis work. RA might be the research not related to your thesis, for example working for your Professor on a side project OR working for other Professor(s) from your University.
Hi kg.jadu, we actually had this discussion a year ago, when a lot of February 2012 applicants were discussing whether or not to include TA/RA (NOC 4012) as work experience. I believe that the majority of us are funded through some sort of a non-taxable RA scholarship (which is, apparently called 'Graduate Research Assistant' in UWO; in my school, it's called 'GRS', or 'Graduate Research Studentship').

I personally know two people from my own department, who applied under CEC last year (you can't do this anymore this year under CEC), who already landed, and they claimed the majority of their work experience through non-taxable GRS funding. They initially had the problem of documenting main duties and hours for GRS since HR and graduate studies office do not provide them for GRS, so I suggested to them that the letter should come either from the department head or their supervisors, since these people are considered 'the responsible officers' as required by the CIC checklist.

They already got their PR, so their work experience must have been accepted just fine as skill level A (it is NO longer acceptable to use work experience gained with full-time study in Canada for CEC starting this year), and I don't see why this would be a problem for FSW. I don't think the CIC officer is making the distinction between GRS/GRA and RA, and what matters most is job descriptions that match leading statement and main duties of NOC 4012.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Hi asbereth,

I clicked the link. But the screen stops at loading the PDF file. Can you actually get the file downloaded at all? Thanks.

The wording is like this: Our office has received the following documents and attached them to your application: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (filed that I sent to them on Jan 10.)

asbereth said:
Hi beishidashuo, can you share the exact wording that you got from Ottawa? It's good to know that they accept scanned POF :)

You can also try ordering CAIPS notes to see what exactly is going on with your file. Download the form from here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

Choose Privacy Act so you can get it for free. Print and sign it, then scan and send it to them, along with proof of residence (something like a scanned copy of your Canadian driver's license or something).

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
beishidashuo said:
Hi asbereth,

I clicked the link. But the screen stops at loading the PDF file. Can you actually get the file downloaded at all? Thanks.

The wording is like this: Our office has received the following documents and attached them to your application: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (filed that I sent to them on Jan 10.)
Hmmm, don't open it on your browser. Try downloading it :)

My guess is, there are probably a lot of people in Canada with the exact same name as you, and they got stuck on RCMP check.

Before medical, usually they need to confirm that you are clear RCMP-wise, so that could be a potential reason.

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
asbereth said:
I'm so sorry for so many rejections today. I've been having a bad day, and the weather, and now so many bad news from the forum really depress the hell out of me. It seems to me that they did not consider the fact that Sydney has granted the 5 adaptability points last year,...
Two of my friends applied last year to the office in Ottawa, and they ve been awarded those 5 points!!! with no previous studies in canada except for the PhD they are doing now!!

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
We need to work these rejections, if someone can get an advice from a lawyer, MP office, even the PhD stream program director or even the minister office on this scary rejection reason, please share that with us. It seems that all of us are subject to this problem. We can not loose everything without doing anything. Any actions?

What do you think of the following??

salam20 said:
please all fellows who gget the rejection letter, please consider two things:
1) Reconsideration letters– If the refusal was based on an error in fact or in law, and/or if that decision was not in accordance with the principles of procedural fairness, write to the Program Manager of the Canadian Visa Office to point out the errors and to request a reconsideration of the refusal decision;

2) Appeal – Wrongful refusals may, in certain instances, be appealed to the Federal Court of Canada or to the appropriate provincial court or, in the case of family sponsorships, to the Immigration Appeal Division.

source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-appeal-our-rejection-app-urgent-plssssssss-t96574.0.html

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
erfan1985 said:
Two of my friends applied last year to the office in Ottawa, and they ve been awarded those 5 points!!! with no previous studies in canada except for the PhD they are doing now!!
Take care with that. My university even sent e-mails sending that those points were not being awarded to people that are only doing phd currently and have no previous studies. I also argued with them because I should have gotten 77 points, but they declined awarding me them.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks a lot, man. I got the file. What is RCMP? criminal check? Hopefully, I will get the medical request soon.

asbereth said:
Hmmm, don't open it on your browser. Try downloading it :)

My guess is, there are probably a lot of people in Canada with the exact same name as you, and they got stuck on RCMP check.

Before medical, usually they need to confirm that you are clear RCMP-wise, so that could be a potential reason.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
These rejections are getting scary , I personally have seen two of them and to me, there was noting wrong with their reference letters.

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
Take care with that. My university even sent e-mails sending that those points were not being awarded to people that are only doing phd currently and have no previous studies. I also argued with them because I should have gotten 77 points, but they declined awarding me them.
I guess every thing depends on who is evaluating your files!!! Based on what they said on CIC website, it should be awarded. two of my friends got it!!

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
rgb said:
I was wrong on my prediction of curious2 getting passport request this week: it was otacon!
Otacon: You got medical request on Feb 1. can you let us know when did you actually do your medical?
Hopefully hamoon, courious2 and AF_ get passport request soon too.
About pixie30 I have the feeling her got her visa along time ago and she is not longer following the blog.
I did the exam about one week after receiving the request. The doctor said the report would be sent to Ottawa after 3-4 business days.

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
One hurdle crossed, job letter is accepted. They have now requested proof of funds :)

Congrats, TyrusX !! You deserved it !!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
JVJ said:
One hurdle crossed, job letter is accepted. They have now requested proof of funds :)

Congrats, TyrusX !! You deserved it !!
Did you have your last letter signed my the department?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
Did you have your last letter signed my the department?

Are you saying that the RA letter should be signed by department?
This is not gonna happen because they just do not do it. TA letter yes but RA no.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hooman2012 said:
Are you saying that the RA letter should be signed by department?
This is not gonna happen because they just do not do it. TA letter yes but RA no.
It's going to depend from cases to cases. Rather my supervisor, I actually had the department head to sign my letter. But then again, I think it does not matter, as it just needs to be signed by the 'responsible officer', so whether it's department head, or supervisor, it should be fine.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
asbereth said:
It's going to depend from cases to cases. Rather my supervisor, I actually had the department head to sign my letter. But then again, I think it does not matter, as it just needs to be signed by the 'responsible officer', so whether it's department head, or supervisor, it should be fine.
My both letters were signed by the department chair. Okay, then, it is fine. I want to assure that I will not make another stupid mistake in my new applications. When I remember 1 year of waiting, it makes me upset :(.