Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
salam20 said:
Thanks guys,
I called the credit card people and they confirmed the transaction was approved by the CIC. Hopefully, the status will be updated within two days.
Hint: The application reached on Nov 22. That means It took the CIO one month and 3 weeks to process it.
Congrats !

Finally :)

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
asbereth said:
It's a good news if it was true. Judging from the timeline, I would say it's probably about time that you get your credit card charged (expect PER within 2 to 3 weeks).

Hi oliveoly, can you share the time your credit card got charged as well? I just want to get a rough idea of how much one can expect to wait until PER after credit card is charged (and so I can update the spreadsheet too to reflect this). Thanks in advance :)
Hi asbereth, I sent in a bank draft. I haven't checked with my bank as to when it was cashed.
However, on my PER email it said "This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated 8 Dec 2012 in the amount of 550.00 Canadian dollars".
My guess is that they processed the fee on or sometime before 8th Dec, 2012. It took more than 4 weeks to get PER email possibly because of the holidays.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
Hi Guys!! I finally got the PER from Sydney today!!!
Application arrived Sydney: Nov 15
Cashed: Jan 8th
PER: Jan 9th
No of person: 2
TA/RA experience: only
Nationality: Malaysia

This is my second time sending in the application. First time I got rejected due to the attestation letter problem (without uni stamp) and I resent it again once I was confirmed that the cap was reset!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Congrats to all that got their PER's.

Additionally, I received this reply to an email I sent to Jason Kenney in October:

I am replying to your e-mail of October 19, 2012, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the processing time for applications submitted under the PhD stream. I apologize for the delay in responding.

I understand your frustration at what appear to be unwarranted delays in processing these applications. The many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like. In addition, processing delays often occur when the information provided is incomplete, or documentation or processing fees are missing. In such situations, immigration officials must stop the processing until they receive the required information from the applicants.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to being granted permanent resident status within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Please be assured that we make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective manner.

I have noted your concerns on the processing time for applications submitted in 2012. However, this still falls well within the times listed on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp.

Further information on the PhD stream can be found on at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.

S. Charbonneau

Ministerial Enquiries Division

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
Congrats to all that got their PER's.

Additionally, I received this reply to an email I sent to Jason Kenney in October:
As usual, a general useless response. Mine is already 10 month in line waiting to get processed, and their website says 8 month of processing time for their Ottawa office. Do they really believe what they say? They have not even started processing 2012 applications.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
starrysky said:
Hi Guys!! I finally got the PER from Sydney today!!!
Application arrived Sydney: Nov 15
Cashed: Jan 8th
PER: Jan 9th
No of person: 2
TA/RA experience: only
Nationality: Malaysia

This is my second time sending in the application. First time I got rejected due to the attestation letter problem (without uni stamp) and I resent it again once I was confirmed that the cap was reset!
Welcome. Finally someone from Malaysia. Not many eh!

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
Finally, I have been asked to submit some documents today:

• Proof of funds: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted.
  • The field of study for your doctoral program, The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor, A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.

I don't know what "document" I have to provide for the second item though!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
AF___ said:

• Proof of funds: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted.
  • The field of study for your doctoral program, The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor, A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.

FINALLY! Many congratulations. What's you nationality?I would guess Iranian !?
However, I find the request for the second part a bit worrying. I hope they don't decide to discriminate people due to nationality or even field of research. I don't think anyone else has gotten a request like that before.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
FINALLY! Many congratulations. What's you nationality?
However, I find the request for the second part a bit worrying. I hope they don't decide to discriminate people due to nationality or even field of research. I don't think anyone else has gotten a request like that before.
Congratulations!!! We finally noticed some new developments for 2012 applications. I too am really curious of his nationality. AF___, I hope you won't mind sharing your nationality with us.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Does anyone have any idea about sending English test results (CELPIP) in an open envelope?
I got my application back a few days back with open envelope of my test results!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
AF___ said:

Finally a movement into 2012 applicants. Congrat.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
aililia said:
Does anyone have any idea about sending English test results (CELPIP) in an open envelope?
I got my application back a few days back with open envelope of my test results!
I had the same situation. I used the same open report with my application and I attached an explanation letter for that. I also called the CIC to ask about that and they told me it should be fine, especially that I attached an explanation letter. Also sending the score report in a sealed envelope is not mentioned in the document checklist, they are only saying "original score report", you may note that the score report itself is imposed (sealed), so I think it should be fine. BTW, ILETS reports are not received in sealed envelopes.

I know it is a little bit risky, but I decided not to wait for a new score report. Plz just keep me updated on that issue.

nouroz99

Jan 6, 2013
AF___ said:

List of publications?!?!? :eek: ???
At last this starts moving!!!
I think it is pretty clear what they asked about the document.

Best of luck!

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
The_Prince said:
I had the same situation. I used the same open report with my application and I attached an explanation letter for that. I also called the CIC to ask about that and they told me it should be fine, especially that I attached an explanation letter. Also sending the score report in a sealed envelope is not mentioned in the document checklist, they are only saying "original score report", you may note that the score report itself is imposed (sealed), so I think it should be fine. BTW, ILETS reports are not received in sealed envelopes.

I know it is a little bit risky, but I decided not to wait for a new score report. Plz just keep me updated on that issue.
Thanks for your reply.
I was thinking to do so!

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
The_Prince said:

There is no need for the lang test records to be in sealed envelope...
Paper is already watermarked and they can access the results easily online... On my 2nd and 3rd submittal... (yes I sent it for the 3rd time) I haven't sent the IELTS test result since they kept (still) my 1st application in their records.