CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
TyrusX said:
That was probably an total outlier, if the person was even telling the truth.
I got this reply to a e-mail I sent to Ottawa last Friday:

So basically, from now one, I would recommend everyone to submit all possible work experience available. While I think I'm safe with my # points, I am afraid that if something happens, those 3 years of RA/TA that I didn't add because my "lawyer" didn't know they were valid may compromise my application. Also, I'm not sure how to interpret the first paragraph. It seems like I have been assigned to a office but the process hasn't actually started at all.
I strongly recommend you to send your RA/TA work experience, most of this experience happened before you applied, correct? and it really depends on the officer, he might consider it, at least you won't lose anything by sending it !

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Dani1982 said:
I strongly recommend you to send your RA/TA work experience, most of this experience happened before you applied, correct? and it really depends on the officer, he might consider it, at least you won't lose anything by sending it !
Yes. Two years at least before the application as everyone that applied starting their 3rd. I will attempt to collect the documents.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aililia said:
Dear Crazyleader

Would you please let us know what kind of documents you did send to in response to their request? I am gonna apply for PhD stream and I live and study in QC like you. This might help us to prepare docs that are more solid and reliable in order to avoid getting rejection.
However, I already know number of people how live and study in QC and got PR from federal skilled worker category!

Thanks,
The thing is: This is a different stream than the normal FSW and has a big issue: If you are still doing your degree, how can you prove that you are going to move away once you receive your PR if you are still at school in Quebec, let's say, for another year? We haven't found a way to do this yet. Maybe this is a valid question to ask a lawyer or CPP-Ottawa.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
But in the previous article, someone from their office said that they will clear the backlog by summer 2013 ???

According to http://danieltardifrcic.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/applicants-to-canadian-immigration-forgotten-in-buffalo/
Read the last paragraph as follows:
"We learn now that the processing of most of the files transferred to Ottawa from Buffalo will be finished by the end of next summer! (As reported yesterday in Le Soleil : http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/affaires/actualite-economique/201212/06/01-4601626-ottawa-promet-que-les-oublies-de-buffalo-seront-fixes-dici-la-fin-de-lete-2013.php.) Indeed, according to NDP Member of Parliament Sadia GROGUHÉ the Ottawa receiving office has only been operational for a week! "

TyrusX said:
https://www.facebook.com/LesOubliesDeBuffaloEnAction/posts/143065325848908?notif_t=notify_me

Selon l'adjointe d'un député à qui j'ai parlé aujourd'hui, les nouveaux dossiers sont traités avant ceux des Oubliés de Buffalo pour améliorer les statistiques d'Immigration Canada qui désire démontrer aux canadiens qu'il respecte ses engagements et les délais de traitement annoncés.
According to the Assistant of a member to whom I spoke today, the new folders are processed before operators of Buffalo's forgotten to improve the statistics of Immigration Canada who wishes to demonstrate to Canadians that it respects its commitments and advertised processing times. (Translated by Bing)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
indusvision said:
But in the previous article, someone from their office said that they will clear the backlog by summer 2013 ???

According to http://danieltardifrcic.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/applicants-to-canadian-immigration-forgotten-in-buffalo/
"We learn now that the processing of most of the files transferred to Ottawa from Buffalo will be finished by the end of next summer! (As reported yesterday in Le Soleil : http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/affaires/actualite-economique/201212/06/01-4601626-ottawa-promet-que-les-oublies-de-buffalo-seront-fixes-dici-la-fin-de-lete-2013.php.) Indeed, according to NDP Member of Parliament Sadia GROGUHÉ the Ottawa receiving office has only been operational for a week! "
I hope they will :D

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
indusvision said:

Does it mean we, PhD streamers, are the least of their concerns? :'(

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Most of 2011 applicants under PhD stream have got their PPR or are in their last stages. Lets hope soon there will be movement for 2012 applicants !!!

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
The thing is: This is a different stream than the normal FSW and has a big issue: If you are still doing your degree, how can you prove that you are going to move away once you receive your PR if you are still at school in Quebec, let's say, for another year? We haven't found a way to do this yet. Maybe this is a valid question to ask a lawyer or CPP-Ottawa.
Basically this is not a new stream as it used to be in a different way till late 2009. I have friends that applied under that FSW category and got PR while they were living and studying.

To prove I think getting a document like P.Eng license from other provinces could be a solid proof of intention to live there.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aililia said:
Basically this is not a new stream as it used to be in a different way till late 2009. I have friends that applied under that FSW category and got PR while they were living and studying.

To prove I think getting a document like P.Eng license from other provinces could be a solid proof of intention to live there.
This is not the same stream as in 2009. That one was opened to all international students.

But your idea is good, if you are in Eng, but many people are not. I really advise people in Quebec to look for professional help.

esi110

Aug 23, 2012
I do agree with TyrusX. We should ask for some professional help such as an immigration lawyer. I don't think we can ask any help from MPs in Quebec because it would somehow show our intention for Quebec residency.
I do suggest to gather somewhere in Montreal and discuss this issue and then ask for some professional advice.

TyrusX said:
This is not the same stream as in 2009. That one was opened to all international students.

But your idea is good, if you are in Eng, but many people are not. I really advise people in Quebec to look for professional help.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
crazyleader said:
Bad news for Quebec students, the officer just refused my application for PR in Ontario, because I could not satisfy him/her that I intend to reside somewhere other than Quebec while I am still studying here in Quebec. This is crazy, because with such reasoning they can simply reject all PhD students from Quebec while they still have all qualifications. At least they should have let Quebec students know not to apply through this PhD stream and go through the Quebec process.
Now, I like to try my last chance and write a letter and ask for a re-evaluation of the case by another officer or anything like that. Has anyone ever done such thing? To whom and which address we can write? Any recommendation for how to draft the letter?
Thanks,
Sorry to hear that..i noticed on the tracker that you are a January 2012 applicant...it's interesting that they processed your file so quickly given the fact that all the rest of the 2012 applicants are still waiting...did you by any chance choose the visa office in your home country instead of Buffalo?...i was just curious to know...

also, if you are close to completeing your ph.D. , i think you should appeal this decision and maybe provide proof of maybe a potential post doc position in say ontario or any province other than Quebec...just a thought!

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I noticed a transaction on my visa, but it is not clear on online banking. I guess it is the CIO. I will have to call the VISA ppl to know more tomorrow.
Hint: My application reached them on Nov. 22.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
salam20 said:
I noticed a transaction on my visa, but it is not clear on online banking. I guess it is the CIO. I will have to call the VISA ppl to know more tomorrow.
Try to check your application status online using ur client ID

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
salam20 said:
It's a good news if it was true. Judging from the timeline, I would say it's probably about time that you get your credit card charged (expect PER within 2 to 3 weeks).

oliveoyl said:
Please add me to the tracker. And thanks for this awesome forum!

Interesting anecdote: I was operating under the assumption, that in spite of CAPS being reached (which I learnt on this forum) that since the cycle would have ended on Oct 31st, 2012, I wanted to reach my application to CIC by that time just to be under the deadline, in case they cancelled it next cycle onwards( I know! stupid, eh!).
Accordingly, I sent it on Oct 26th, assuming by Fedex next business day delivery, it should reach by Oct 29th, 2012.
Hurricane Sandy came along and many flights were cancelled including FedEx ones. (Un)fortunately the package reached CIC on Nov 1st, 2012. So, it just might be that Sandy saved me the return of my application, although I am not too certain. I know applications were returned from Sept onwards, not sure October ones were returned too.
Anyways..now the wait begins.
Hi oliveoly, can you share the time your credit card got charged as well? I just want to get a rough idea of how much one can expect to wait until PER after credit card is charged (and so I can update the spreadsheet too to reflect this). Thanks in advance :)

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Thanks guys,
I called the credit card people and they confirmed the transaction was approved by the CIC. Hopefully, the status will be updated within two days.
Hint: The application reached on Nov 22. That means It took the CIO one month and 3 weeks to process it.