NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
Holygun said:
There is no need for the lang test records to be in sealed envelope...
Paper is already watermarked and they can access the results easily online... On my 2nd and 3rd submittal... (yes I sent it for the 3rd time) I haven't sent the IELTS test result since they kept (still) my 1st application in their records.
I don't know about IELTS, but the CELPIP results have to be sent in sealed envelope...
This is quoted from CELPIP website:
As of June 26, 2010, you need to submit your original language test scores with your application form to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

We now provide a sealed envelope containing your original test scores. This sealed envelope will be sent to you at the same time as your Personal Score Report.

Note: You must not open the sealed envelope. Score reports are not considered official if the seal is broken or tampered with.
Good luck all...

Riskobora

Jan 10, 2013
I had originally applied unde the PhD stream way back in August 2012 and they sent my application back as it lacked the required language assessment results, I had written my TOEFL way back in 2006 and I have been in Canada pursuing my Masters and now my PhD at a Canadian University ever since... thought they could consider that... but no, they wouldn't take it... So they returned my application with a denial - Application Incomplete.

I reapplied after completing my CLEPIP (this exam sucks, costs around $265 and even after that they expect you to pay for checking even the format of their test) and my application reached CIO Sydney on Nov 8th, 2012...

They took around 50 days to process my payment and finally process it on December 27th, 2012.

It took them another two weeks to send me my PER (don't know what it means) and finally I received it on January 8th, 2013... stating that my case has now been transferred to Ottawa Visa Office

What I want to know is this: what happens next?

Also, could someone please add me and my details on the spreadsheet please.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Riskobora said:
I had originally applied unde the PhD stream way back in August 2012 and they sent my application back as it lacked the required language assessment results, I had written my TOEFL way back in 2006 and I have been in Canada pursuing my Masters and now my PhD at a Canadian University ever since... thought they could consider that... but no, they wouldn't take it... So they returned my application with a denial - Application Incomplete.

I reapplied after completing my CLEPIP (this exam sucks, costs around $265 and even after that they expect you to pay for checking even the format of their test) and my application reached CIO Sydney on Nov 8th, 2012...

They took around 50 days to process my payment and finally process it on December 27th, 2012.

It took them another two weeks to send me my PER (don't know what it means) and finally I received it on January 8th, 2013... stating that my case has now been transferred to Ottawa Visa Office

What I want to know is this: what happens next?

Also, could someone please add me and my details on the spreadsheet please.

A long wait until they assess your application and request you for more documents, than medical request if things are alright and then passport request. Prepare yourself to wait another 8-12 months until the next step. What Visa Office did you choose? Post the remaining information requested than one of us will add you there.

Riskobora

Jan 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
A long wait until they assess your application and request you for more documents, than medical request if things are alright and then passport request. Prepare yourself to wait another 8-12 months until the next step. What Visa Office did you choose? Post the remaining information requested than one of us will add you there.
My details:
Application Received at CIO Sydney: November 8th, 2012
Payment Processed: December 27th, 2012
PER issued: January 8th, 2013
Visa office: Ottawa
No of Persons: 2
T.A/R.A: Canadian Not included, but previous full time experience (R.A from India, letter from my previous Prof. included)
Nationality: Indian

What additional documents would they ask for etc? and thanks to all the previous posters.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Riskobora said:
My details:
Application Received at CIO Sydney: November 8th, 2012
Payment Processed: December 27th, 2012
PER issued: January 8th, 2013
Visa office: Ottawa
No of Persons: 2
T.A/R.A: Canadian Not included, but previous full time experience (R.A from India, letter from my previous Prof. included)
Nationality: Indian

What additional documents would they ask for etc? and thanks to all the previous posters.
6 months bank history. CVs. list of publications. Extra work document proofs. etc

Riskobora

Jan 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
6 months bank history. CVs. list of publications. Extra work document proofs. etc
So we need to show this, even after our status on online tracker says "in process"?

Wow... this is scary as I don't have much savings... what can I do in situations like that?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Riskobora said:
So we need to show this, even after our status on online tracker says "in process"?

Wow... this is scary as I don't have much savings... what can I do in situations like that?
You need to have the amount of money requested on your bank account during the entire processing time. In your case is about 13-14k CDN. This money need to be yours.
Lots of people here were rejected because of this.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
My credit card was encashed on Jan. 8 and I did not receive my PER email yet. Nothing is on my ecas. Any advice?
Hint: I emailed them on Jan 8th to provide more supporting documents.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
salam20 said:
My credit card was encashed on Jan. 8 and I did not receive my PER email yet. Nothing is on my ecas. Any advice?
Hint: I emailed them on Jan 8th to provide more supporting documents.
Don't worry. You will get your PER in a few days time.

Riskobora

Jan 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
You need to have the amount of money requested on your bank account during the entire processing time. In your case is about 13-14k CDN. This money need to be yours.
Lots of people here were rejected because of this.
Thanks for the reply... guess I won't be immigrating... lol

Cuz being international students both my partner and I do not have much savings... and to have 13-14K in my account is practically not possible... wonder what can be done in a situation like this? any idea?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Riskobora said:

Cuz being international students both my partner and I do not have much savings... and to have 13-14K in my account is practically not possible... wonder what can be done in a situation like this? any idea?
Hi Riskobora, I suppose you can try to consider CEC, which doesn't require proof of funds (though this will be tough since TA/RA experience won't count for CEC starting this year). Or graduate, get a job, and apply through FSW stream 2, which, once again, doesn't require proof of funds. Otherwise, all other streams that do not require job offers (PNP for Ontario, PhD stream, FSWP or even trade FSW) require proof of fund, and this has indeed been a lot of hassle for a lot of people.

nouroz99

Jan 6, 2013
Hi
I was just wondering is it a good idea to send the CVs and publication list beforehand ?? I know they might ask for anything at this point it seems because these were not mentioned in the checklist. Still... any suggestions?

Regards

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Riskobora said:

Yes. Indeed it is hard. If you have not submitted proof of funds with your application, you will probably get it back.

Riskobora

Jan 10, 2013
asbereth said:
Hi Riskobora, I suppose you can try to consider CEC, which doesn't require proof of funds (though this will be tough since TA/RA experience won't count for CEC starting this year). Or graduate, get a job, and apply through FSW stream 2, which, once again, doesn't require proof of funds. Otherwise, all other streams that do not require job offers (PNP for Ontario, PhD stream, FSWP or even trade FSW) require proof of fund, and this has indeed been a lot of hassle for a lot of people.
Answers beget more questions... so sorry about that... some more questions from my side.

1. Is the proof of funds mandatory, even if we have already sent bank statement with our original application.
2. My partner recently completed her Masters degree - do I need to convey this to the immigration people? If yes, then how and where - Sydney or Ottawa?
3. I have T.Aed for around 5 years now, but they have been for 1 semester each year, do I need to mention that as well? If yes, How?
4. I have part-time worked on campus for around a year, do I need to mention that as well? If yes, how?
5. If they disapprove my application or if I want to change my stream (say CEC etc), will they refund my fees?

Thanks in advance for replying...

This forum is so helpful, I wish I had come across it last year before I applied.