+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

MSE

May 28, 2012
salam20 said:
I wish so, and for domestic student loans and scholarships. Plus, the admission for our partners under the domestic category.
I guess one's dependent, who is also included in the PR application, would be eligible for domestic fee, after getting PER. Isn't that the case?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
MSE said:
I guess one's dependent, who is also included in the PR application, would be eligible for domestic fee, after getting PER. Isn't that the case?
I hope to know if that will work on all provinces. I may work in Ontario so far.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
I hope to know if that will work on all provinces. I may work in Ontario so far.
It seems that the vast majority of applicants haven't tried to use PER to get rid of the international fees. I have not as well. So is hard to know. Has anyone outside of Ontario tried to do this so far?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
MSE said:
Yes, this has been confirmed. I personally know several people that have their spouses' international fees waived on several universities (in Ontario of course) based on their PER email alone.

TyrusX said:
It seems that the vast majority of applicants haven't tried to use PER to get rid of the international fees. I have not as well. So is hard to know. Has anyone outside of Ontario tried to do this so far?
The reason why it works in Ontario is because the regulation that determines whether one is an international student is province wide, and it lies entirely on the word 'approval-in-principle'. Did you ever check how the status of a student is determined for students studying in Alberta? Maybe if they will waive the fee for those who have been approved in principle, you can try to make the argument that PER letter should be sufficient to warrant this.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
Doesn't matter for Nova Scotia because by the end of the 2 years, the addon fees for international will be so nominal that it doesn't make a difference.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:
The reason why it works in Ontario is because the regulation that determines whether one is an international student is province wide, and it lies entirely on the word 'approval-in-principle'. Did you ever check how the status of a student is determined for students studying in Alberta? Maybe if they will waive the fee for those who have been approved in principle, you can try to make the argument that PER letter should be sufficient to warrant this.
I'm in ON and I tried at my school...They won't do it. I think it all depends on the school, not even the actual regulation, because some schools apply new regulations much later than others, or simply do not know about them, and even if you provide the information, they don't budge.

changsun

Oct 28, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Congrats! for the OHIP, good to know that our story helps others. In fact, thats the main reason we are here for sharing our good/bad experience so that the others can get the benefits from those. Wishing everyone for more progress in your application.
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. First, I just want to add a quick note regarding to the entitlement of domestic tuition for PR applicants (PhD stream) who have already receive the file number from CIC. It worked for me - I am a PhD student at U of Waterloo, and am entitled for the domestic tuition after showing the GSO the email letter from CIC saying "your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing".

Second, I have 2 questions about this email actually:
(1) is it the "PER" as you guys always talking about? and what does "PER" stand for?
(2) as I saw someone has used the "PER" to get a one year OHIP coverage, I decided to give it a try assuming that what I got from CIC was the "PER" but failed. Service Ontario in Kitchener said they need an official letter in mail in order to get a OHIP card. Then I called CIC to sent me one in mail but was told that a PR applicant under skill worker does NOT entitle for a one-year OHIP coverage since it doesn't have an "early approval" as the other PR class may have. So I was wondering what kind of letter worked for you guys to get a OHIP card.

Thank you in advance!

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

Good news every one, I just got my passport request "today" from CPP-Ottawa, asking me to submit my passport, RPRF and two recent passport-sized photographs.

Cheers, :)

Mukam

Oct 23, 2012
Hi Snow_Walker,

Can you please share the address at which they have requested your PCC. I am planning to send my PCC without them asking for it as it will expire in February. So I am planning to send it in January, even if they don't ask for it by then.

Thanks.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ejamal said:
Good news every one, I just got my passport request "today" from CPP-Ottawa, asking me to submit my passport, RPRF and two recent passport-sized photographs.

CONGRATS!
Feels good to know that things are moving forward.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
YES!!!!!!!!!! So Glad for you ejamal! This is a great victory not only for you but for everyone that has been participating in this forum! Thanks so much for sharing the good new with us!

And more good news! My friend TJ also got his Passport request today!

maybe we will start to get some movement for 2012 applicants soon!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
TJ kindly sent me the wording of the e-mail:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED AT THE CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL IN DETROIT (USA). IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AFTER REVIEWING ALL THE STEPS IN THIS LETTER, YOU MAY CONTACT THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF CANADA IN DETROIT BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE.

1. Did your family composition change since our last correspondence?

· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

If any of these conditions apply, your new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before permanent resident visas can be issued. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

In the event that you do have additional dependants to add to or remove from your application, you should immediately advise the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”). You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Do not undertake any other steps until CPP-O indicates that you can proceed with the rest of these instructions.

If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed below.

2. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian or American dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

If you have not already paid the RPRF, it must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Canadian Consulate General”. Please write your application number on the back of the certified cheque, money order or bank draft. The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.

3. Passport(s)

If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, you are required to submit your original passport and the original passport of any accompanying family member. If you are a citizen from a country that is exempted to obtain a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you are only required to send a copy of your passport and of the passport of any accompanying family member.

To find out if you are visa-exempt or not under Regulation 190, consult this CIC webpage.

We require a VALID passport for you and for every accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well. Please note that Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

4. Photographs

You must submit two (2) recent passport-sized photographs of yourself and of each accompanying family member that meet the requirements stated on this webpage.

You must also specify on an additional piece of paper your height and eye colour and the height and eye colour of every accompanying family member.

5. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

6. Send your documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit

Your passport(s) and your RPRF payment (if not already paid) must be submitted within the next 30 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit.

Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.

To find out how to send your documents to Detroit, click the following link and read the mailing instructions.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
ejamal said:

Thanks for sharing and congratulations! What a big inspiration for us!

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
ejamal said:

Big congrats to you! Hopefully, our 2012 applicants can hear something from CPP soon...