+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

samer_eg

Aug 23, 2012
Dear All
Does the police certificate need a fingerprint, or they are just a check in the police records by names and information?

changsun

Oct 28, 2012
changsun said:
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. First, I just want to add a quick note regarding to the entitlement of domestic tuition for PR applicants (PhD stream) who have already receive the file number from CIC. It worked for me - I am a PhD student at U of Waterloo, and am entitled for the domestic tuition after showing the GSO the email letter from CIC saying "your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing".

Second, I have 2 questions about this email actually:
(1) is it the "PER" as you guys always talking about? and what does "PER" stand for?
(2) as I saw someone has used the "PER" to get a one year OHIP coverage, I decided to give it a try assuming that what I got from CIC was the "PER" but failed. Service Ontario in Kitchener said they need an official letter in mail in order to get a OHIP card. Then I called CIC to sent me one in mail but was told that a PR applicant under skill worker does NOT entitle for a one-year OHIP coverage since it doesn't have an "early approval" as the other PR class may have. So I was wondering what kind of letter worked for you guys to get a OHIP card.

Thank you in advance!
Hi guys, can one of you be so kind to talk me at least what does "PER" stand for? So that I know that what I received was "PER" or not. I have searched everywhere but in vain. Thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
changsun said:
Hi guys, can one of you be so kind to talk me at least what does "PER" stand for? So that I know that what I received was "PER" or not. Thanks
if you read your letter, you will see there: positive final determination of eligibility. Which is abbreviated as PER(as in Positive eligibility review) here in this forum.

samer_eg

Aug 23, 2012
changsun said:
Hi guys, can one of you be so kind to talk me at least what does "PER" stand for? So that I know that what I received was "PER" or not. I have searched everywhere but in vain. Thanks
Yes, it is the PER, final Positive Eligibility Review, and yes, you can apply for OHIP, but through a request to the OHIP eligibility review committee; to assess your eligibility based on the received PER email.

changsun

Oct 28, 2012
samer_eg said:
Yes, it is the PER, final Positive Eligibility Review, and yes, you can apply for OHIP, but through a request to the OHIP eligibility review committee; to assess your eligibility based on the received PER email.
To TyrusX and samer_eg: thank you very much, it really helps!

shosseini

Oct 29, 2012
Hi everybody,

CIC has received my medical result in July and since then, my status has changed to "in process". Two days ago, I was informed by CIC that I need to send them my C.V, detailed contact of my supervisor, and a list of my publications.
Has it happened to any body? Do you have any suggestion for me? Does any body know what will happen after this?

Thanks

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
shosseini said:
Hi everybody,

CIC has received my medical result in July and since then, my status has changed to "in process". Two days ago, I was informed by CIC that I need to send them my C.V, detailed contact of my supervisor, and a list of my publications.
Has it happened to any body? Do you have any suggestion for me? Does any body know what will happen after this?

Thanks
Do whatever they ask for......

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
shosseini said:
Hi everybody,

Thanks
What? CV and list of publications? This is very weird and haven't happened to anyone as far as we know. Well, just do as they say. Can you post all your information, as stated in the bottom of this message if you want to be added to the groups spreadsheet? Since your case is new would be interesting to track.

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
What? CV and list of publications? This is very weird and haven't happened to anyone as far as we know. Well, just do as they say. Can you post all your information, as stated in the bottom of this message if you want to be added to the groups spreadsheet? Since your case is new would be interesting to track.
Sounds like a HR guy hiring process routine....I guess CPP is really short of labour....start showing some interests on applicants in their files...lol

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
TRT_Flynn said:
Sounds like a HR guy hiring process routine....I guess CPP is really short of labour....start showing some interests on applicants in their files...lol
Sounds like a "lets postpone this stream to 2014" technique. Seriously, CIC want this, tell us to put when we send the application. Same thing with the 6 months of bank statement. Why not in the checking list?

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shosseini said:
Hi everybody,

Thanks
Hi shosseini,

I guess this might have happened because you are Iranian (I guessed your nationality from your id). You know the situations between Iran and Canada :-/

Whenever I want to apply for US visa, they ask my CV, publications, abstract of research proposal, etc! I think now we should expect similar things from Canada.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
ejamal said:

Good news every one, I just got my passport request "today" from CPP-Ottawa, asking me to submit my passport, RPRF and two recent passport-sized photographs.

Cheers, :)
Congrats!! Ejamal.....finally they r waking up. Hope for the best for the rest, including for myself..;)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
TJ kindly sent me the wording of the e-mail:
Congrats!! TJ, this would be for sure one of ur most memorable day ain't? :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Karmen said:
Congrats EJamal AMAZING..... I got the medical request Friday too!
Congrats!! Karmen