none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
asbereth said:
Hi zhengyilove, congratulations!!! I'm glad you got your PER (which means a lot these days, especially if you live in Ontario), and it's good to know that at least they're still working on our stream. Anyway, can you provide the rest of the information if you want to be included in the spreadsheet?
Thanks true asbereth,

This means that there's some movement going on. Hopefully they'll pick up more steam and that more folks would hear better news such as medical request very soon.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
MSE said:
I've no idea about acceptability of watermark.
It is really weird for a graduate office not to have a stamp!! may be talk to a different front-desk guy at a different time.
If every effort fails, then at the minimum you can have the letter in a closed envelope and signed on the back flap - like an official transcript kind of thing.
My experience, I requested a letter from the grad office (with no stamp) and sent it with my application. I got it back. It should bear the sealing. I got the same letter (with no stamp) put in an stamped envelope on the seal. I resent my package and it reached them on August 30th. I did not get any feedback yet. Recently, I decided to get the Phd form completed and stamped by the uni. then I sent it with my information 10 days ago but no feedback as well.
I expect to get their feedback in 2 - 3 weeks

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
zhengyilove said:
Hi guys,

I just got "a positive final determination of eligibility for processing" email. The money order was en-cashed yesterday.

My application reached CIC on Aug.17.
I am very glad to know that.
I am waiting for any feedback my application that reached CIC on Aug. 30.

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi zhengyilove, congratulations!!! I'm glad you got your PER (which means a lot these days, especially if you live in Ontario), and it's good to know that at least they're still working on our stream. Anyway, can you provide the rest of the information if you want to be included in the spreadsheet?
sure.

Reached CIO Aug. 17.
money order encashed Oct.24
PER Oct. 25
No. of Person 2

only TA/RA experience
China, People's republic

I am not sure if the information is enough.

Good luck guys.

pspadz

Oct 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am PhD student, I just finished my second year. I want to apply for PR, but my problem is without the 5 adaptability points, I only have 66 points. So I need to make sure if I am going to get these points or not, before I apply. :(
Has anyone got the 5 points recently, after the wording of this rule has changed? (You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner studied at a post-secondary institution in Canada for at least two years on a full-time basis. This must have been done after the age of 17 and with a valid study permit.)

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pspadz said:
I am PhD student, I just finished my second year. I want to apply for PR, but my problem is without the 5 adaptability points, I only have 66 points. So I need to make sure if I am going to get these points or not, before I apply. :(
Has anyone got the 5 points recently, after the wording of this rule has changed? (You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner studied at a post-secondary institution in Canada for at least two years on a full-time basis. This must have been done after the age of 17 and with a valid study permit.)
Hi pspadz, I would have to say that so far, the 5 adaptability points won't be awarded unless if you actually finish the program. For next year though, I think FSW would for sure grant the adaptability points for all who have done 2 years of full-time post-secondary studies, whether or not the program has been completed (since the wording would only apply starting next year). However, we don't yet know whether the PhD stream would be canceled next year (or even next month), so it's really hard to say. It may seem safer to wait until you get an additional year of work experience (so you can get at least 68 points without the 5 adaptability points), but then again, if you wait, you may not even have the chance to apply next year since the stream may have been canceled already by then.

If you have the financial means (and the time), I would probably suggest you to prepare two separate applications, one would be for this coming November after the cap is reset (again, this one would be running the risk of rejection, since they may not award the 5 adaptability points for previous study), then, if they didn't cancel the PhD stream for next year, you can apply again once the new point system is introduced next year (since the new point system is much more favorable for younger than 35 year-old international Canadian PhD students with good language skills; again, provided that the stream is still there to begin with). Even with only 1 year of work experience within the last 10 years, a PhD student with a Master's degree (and at least 17 years of education) that has completed at least 2 years of PhD, who also maxed out the first official language points, would easily get above 67 points. Good luck and keep us updated :)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Hi pspadz, I would have to say that so far, the 5 adaptability points won't be awarded unless if you actually finish the program. For next year though, I think FSW would for sure grant the adaptability points for all who have done 2 years of full-time post-secondary studies, whether or not the program has been completed (since the wording would only apply starting next year). However, we don't yet know whether the PhD stream would be canceled next year (or even next month), so it's really hard to say. It may seem safer to wait until you get an additional year of work experience (so you can get at least 68 points without the 5 adaptability points), but then again, if you wait, you may not even have the chance to apply next year since the stream may have been canceled already by then.

If you have the financial means (and the time), I would probably suggest you to prepare two separate applications, one would be for this coming November after the cap is reset (again, this one would be running the risk of rejection, since they may not award the 5 adaptability points for previous study), then, if they didn't cancel the PhD stream for next year, you can apply again once the new point system is introduced next year (since the new point system is much more favorable for younger than 35 year-old international Canadian PhD students with good language skills; again, provided that the stream is still there to begin with). Even with only 1 year of work experience within the last 10 years, a PhD student with a Master's degree (and at least 17 years of education) that has completed at least 2 years of PhD, who also maxed out the first official language points, would easily get above 67 points. Good luck and keep us updated :)

Only four week days to go to know what will happen. By November 1st they will either announce the stream is on hold until the new FSW rules are released or reset all together with the previous rule. I'm starting to think they will just reset as nothing happened so far and they seem to have forgotten us completely.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
Only four week days to go to know what will happen. By November 1st they will either announce the stream is on hold until the new FSW rules are released or reset all together with the previous rule. I'm starting to think they will just reset as nothing happened so far and they seem to have forgotten us completely.
I'm wondering about this, though. As you said, if they will reset the stream on Nov 1, I'm assuming that it will still follow the current rules and point system rather than adapting the new one. But since they're planning to adapt the new point system early next year (say, by Feb), so I'm wondering if they would follow the old rules, say, from Nov to Feb, then implement the new rules starting Feb? It seems to me that it would make more sense for them to reset the cap for the PhD stream next year, when they will also reset the cap for FSW1.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
I'm wondering about this, though. As you said, if they will reset the stream on Nov 1, I'm assuming that it will still follow the current rules and point system rather than adapting the new one. But since they're planning to adapt the new point system early next year (say, by Feb), so I'm wondering if they would follow the old rules, say, from Nov to Feb, then implement the new rules starting Feb? It seems to me that it would make more sense for them to reset the cap for the PhD stream next year, when they will also reset the cap for FSW1.
Yes. That would be wiser. To be honest maybe it should be the best for everyone if they just stop all immigrations for another 6 months and get rid of backlog once and for all. I'm following the Buffalo thread for MI-1 Applicants is really sad to see that people, that already reside in Canada for many years, waiting for medical request or passport request for 30 more months. This ways they could really process everyone application in 12 months like they wanted since 2008. At least if they kept all the information that they have in their internal systems on the online site we would know what is really happening to our applications.

morena34

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
asbereth said:

Hi Asbereth

I'm just wondering how you know "that wording" would only apply starting next year? Being said that, do you think those who already got that 5 points from Sydney at the first place might get rejected from Ottawa?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
morena34 said:
Hi Asbereth

I'm just wondering how you know "that wording" would only apply starting next year? Being said that, do you think those who already got that 5 points from Sydney at the first place might get rejected from Ottawa?
I will answer and asbereth can comment later.

We actually don't know. What we know is "that wording" is not yet active because they are for the new FSWP that will open next year. About the second point, it seems unfortunately that that is what is happening. However we got very few people here that actually received any communication of Ottawa, thus is hard to affirm that with certainty as well.

morena34

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
TyrusX said:
I will answer and asbereth can comment later.

We actually don't know. What we know is "that wording" is not yet active because they are for the new FSWP that will open next year. About the second point, it seems unfortunately that that is what is happening. However we got very few people here that actually received any communication of Ottawa, thus is hard to affirm that with certainty as well.
Thanks. It just doesn't make sense that you'll get all benefits such as Domestic tuition and OHIP card with PER email and all of sudden you get rejected from Ottawa? Apparently they have changed the domestic tuition eligibility as well as OHIP card eligibility criteria for this new stream! Before this new stream, people had to wait to get the PR card to become eligible! So I assume the first PER email should mean different as it used to be before!

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
morena34 said:
Thanks. It just doesn't make sense that you'll get all benefits such as Domestic tuition and OHIP card with PER email and all of sudden you get rejected from Ottawa? Apparently they have changed the domestic tuition eligibility as well as OHIP card eligibility criteria for this new stream! Before this new stream, people had to wait to get the PR card to become eligible! So I assume the first PER email should mean different as it used to be before!
If you had chance to read the funds distribution manual, you perception is not correct. Actually, as long as people get PER (existing for a long time), they are eligible for domestic fee. This regulation has started since at least 2009. The matter is that lots of universities in Ontario are reluctant to make the eligibility of domestic fee clear until some PhD argue about that.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
YNS said:
Does anybody know if it is possible to apply NSERC scholarships just by getting PER emails?
I wish so, and for domestic student loans and scholarships. Plus, the admission for our partners under the domestic category.