AOR 2016-2017 EE PNP Inland >>>> All Welcome

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Called them last week and agent told me last update on my case is security passed. Which is the same date that I saw IP2. I think CEC and PNP should process the same security check. The reason why CEC get IP2 and PPR on the same day but PNP-I not is because PNP-I are processed in batches. So from my understanding, IP2 is either your security passed already or most people's security could be passed within one day. I prefer the first assumption, which IP2 means your security passed already
Also called them 3 weeks ago and agent told me they are processing my security check. So at least on my specific case, IP2 is not start point of security check, it is the date that security passed

BTY, if IP2 is the start point of security check, how to explain most CECs get IP2 and PPR at the same day?
Interesting. CEC is different from PNP-I. If they followed the same timelines, you would have received your PPR email long time ago. I know for certain that my security check was initiated when by BG turned to IP2 based on my GCMS notes. Based on your information, I can think of the following possibilities:

• The agent told you incorrect information: This is the case which is observed with quite a few applicants getting conflicting answers from CIC agents on phone. The best way to get accurate information is ordering GCMS notes.
  • Your security was started before IP2 but agent forgot to update BG status initially: There have been cases which BG status on CIC website did not follow the background check updates by the agents. The agents responsible to update BG status may have forgot to update it initially or update it at all!
  • Your application is one of the deviant ones which does not follow the common trends: This is also common as nothing with CIC is completely predictable. Your case may be following CEC trends with respect to BG process assuming your IP2 indicates your security check is already completed and passed. However, your file is currently waiting in a batch to be finalized like the rest of PNP-I applicants.
P.S. I hope the agent was right and your security is passed ;)

wengehua

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Interesting. CEC is different from PNP-I. If they followed the same timelines, you would have received your PPR email long time ago. I know for certain that my security check was initiated when by BG turned to IP2 based on my GCMS notes. Based on your information, I can think of the following possibilities:

• The agent told you incorrect information: This is the case which is observed with quite a few applicants getting conflicting answers from CIC agents on phone. The best way to get accurate information is ordering GCMS notes.
  • Your security was started before IP2 but agent forgot to update BG status initially: There have been cases which BG status on CIC website did not follow the background check updates by the agents. The agents responsible to update BG status may have forgot to update it initially or update it at all!
  • Your application is one of the deviant ones which does not follow the common trends: This is also common as nothing with CIC is completely predictable. Your case may be following CEC trends with respect to BG process assuming your IP2 indicates your security check is already completed and passed. However, your file is currently waiting in a batch to be finalized like the rest of PNP-I applicants.
P.S. I hope the agent was right and your security is passed ;)
Thank you!

Question: you mentioned your security started the same day with IP2. If I read correctly from your signature, IP2 on May 15. So when was your note generated? From my experience, the note is always a month old.

Thanks, wish you speedy ppr!

enjoycanada

Oct 25, 2016
Looks like my posts are being deleted for some reason!?

I am reposting an earlier post:

I just created a simple spreadsheet to track IP2 to PPR for Dec-Jan PNP-Inland applicants. Link to the spreadsheet is in my signature. If you want to be added in, send me a pm or reply to my post with your info.

AmirHNK,

My details
AOR - 23 dec
BG - NA

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Thank you!

Question: you mentioned your security started the same day with IP2. If I read correctly from your signature, IP2 on May 15. So when was your note generated? From my experience, the note is always a month old.

Thanks, wish you speedy ppr!
You are welcome!

The notes are not 1 month old when you received them. They may be generated just a week before they send it out to the applicants but for some reason they are always delivered 1 month from the date they were ordered by an applicant. My latest GCMS notes was generated just a few days from the day my BG turned IP2. In the notes, my security status was "Not Started".

Last edited:

cscscs

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Any Idea on which PNP-Inland applications CIC is working??? Just want to figure out my timings.....I am Jan 21st AOR.....

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Any Idea on which PNP-Inland applications CIC is working??? Just want to figure out my timings.....I am Jan 21st AOR.....
First half December PNP-I applicants got their BG IP2 (security check) since mid May but second-half December applicants and January applicants are waiting for BG IP2.

Last edited:

cscscs

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Many December PNP-I applicants got their BG IP2 (security check) since mid May and I believe most of January applicants are waiting for BG IP2.
Well, I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that they are still doing my criminality background check. And they are doing this since March 24th. I got RCMP request and I submitted it on I think 21st April. They haven't looked at it yet. Only my medical is passed. Don't know what to do and when I'll get PPR.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that they are still doing my criminality background check. And they are doing this since March 24th. I got RCMP request and I submitted it on I think 21st April. They haven't looked at it yet. Only my medical is passed. Don't know what to do and when I'll get PPR.

I am in the same boat also. Background check in progress since 24th March

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First half December PNP-I applicants got their BG IP2 (security check) since mid May but second-half December applicants and January applicants are waiting for BG IP2.
Thanks Amir for adding me in the list. Really good job. This way we can see the progress of our December friends.

Reactions: AmirHNK

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
I feel your frustration. I suggest you order GCMS notes. The agents on the phone tend to give unreliable information which adds to the frustration.

cscscs

Star Member
May 26, 2016
I feel your frustration. I suggest you order GCMS notes. The agents on the phone tend to give unreliable information which adds to the frustration.
I already got my GCMS notes from May 15th. I ordered it in April and due to some problem with my request they generated my notes on May 15th and it shows the same thing as the agent told me yesterday.