+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Edmonton that went thru the process thru Mexico city?

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have been asking many questions but I am still soooo confused. I really need some help to sponsor my wife. I have been back in Canada for a little over a year and need to bring her up. I thought I had everything filled out but I was told recently that she had to send me proof of her medical exams so I can send them together with the sponsorship papers to missassauga. Is this true?
If so, she has to go to Mexico city which I prefer over Juarez and Monterrey. She has never travelled on her own and never been to mexico city but she will have to go.
We have 3 kids, two sons living with me and a daughter in mexico with her. My boys already have their Canadian citizenship as I was born in Canada. My daughter has hers in process since July 2011. It did not take that long for my boys citizenship but a MP helped me and asked and they say it is in process.
ANyways, the question is about my wife. Is anyone in Edmonton that can help me out a little with all the documents and tell me exactly the way thru?
I dont have money to pay a lawyer so I have to do this on my own but I dont want to make mistakes.
Can someone please help? I want to continue married ( we have been for almost 18 years) and dont want her to quit everything and leave me. This is so frustrating.

Thank you all and please forgive the way I am asking but I am desperate.

Gracias!!

Frank

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
hi
Im not from Mexico but the outland process requires your spouse to get her medicals. done by a doctor who is approved by the CIC. If you download the checklist you will see that one of the requirements is to have that done otherwise they will just delay everything. I've. been to Mexico city a few times and it's not that bad to get around . If she's not comfortable travelling on her own..can somebody else travel with her?
just have her contact the doctor in Mexico city...make the appointment and get ready for it. the doctor will need photos and she needs to ask what form of payment they accept. Im not sure how many pictures. the size and quantity depends on the country specific requirements or the doctor s office might answer that for her too .

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lunas said:
hi
Im not from Mexico but the outland process requires your spouse to get her medicals. done by a doctor who is approved by the CIC. If you download the checklist you will see that one of the requirements is to have that done otherwise they will just delay everything. I've. been to Mexico city a few times and it's not that bad to get around . If she's not comfortable travelling on her own..can somebody else travel with her?
just have her contact the doctor in Mexico city...make the appointment and get ready for it. the doctor will need photos and she needs to ask what form of payment they accept. Im not sure how many pictures. the size and quantity depends on the country specific requirements or the doctor s office might answer that for her too .

Thank you so much. Sorry for the delay. You have been very helpful. She is going to go there and I will check about the photos and how she can pay. I will have to call the DRs office to find out. As everyone says, this is so stressfull. I read and read and to me it is so confusing.
I never thought it would be so hard to get her here after almost 18 years of marriage and 3 children. So much paperwork.

I wish I could get someone here to help, but that is expensive! Anyways, thank you again for answering and I wish you the best.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm from Edmonton....If you are local, I'd be willing to meet with you and help out.

Cheers!

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
Luckyman said:
I'm from Edmonton....If you are local, I'd be willing to meet with you and help out.

Cheers!
Seconding this offer, I'm not from Mexico but I am in Edmonton!

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
oh wow...I go to Edmoton every three months, can I play too? lol
I hope everything goes well with your application!!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
My husband is from Edmonton and that's where we will be living once I get my PR! ;D

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all of you!
Happy New Year. I am so sorry about not answering. I am so embarrased, I thought I would get replies to my email and have not cheked this site until yesterday. Today I just saw all your nice replies offering help. I sent all the documents on Dec 10 and yesterday Jan 10, I was approved!! I am so happy.
If anyone would like to contact me for anything or just for talking you can either reply here or email me.

Thank you again so much and sorry!

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
CdnMxHusb said:
Hello all of you!
Happy New Year. I am so sorry about not answering. I am so embarrased, I thought I would get replies to my email and have not cheked this site until yesterday. Today I just saw all your nice replies offering help. I sent all the documents on Dec 10 and yesterday Jan 10, I was approved!! I am so happy.
If anyone would like to contact me for anything or just for talking you can either reply here or email me.

Thank you again so much and sorry!
Congratulations! Good to know everything worked out. Paperwork is not fun at all but you must be relieved that part is done for now.

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lunas said:
Congratulations! Good to know everything worked out. Paperwork is not fun at all but you must be relieved that part is done for now.

Thank you!! Yes, it is soooooo stressfull. But finally I can rest. Now to wait for the second part.