+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got 'One year graduate study' in WES Report?

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
kunal81 said:
Hi Asivad,

My ECA summary shows " Two Bachelors Degrees (four years). Which option should I choose in my Express Entry profile.

Can I choose the " Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees " option ?

Thanks,
Kunal.
Please state the exact wordings of your ECA Canadian equivalency summary for getting the correct input from forum members. If it is mentioned in your ECA simply as "Two bachelors degree" yes you can and should chooce the "two or more certificates option" in EE.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Faithope said:
Now the problem is they do not have free equivalency calculator. WES assessed my Masters as One year of graduate study but in the summary they have just written as Bachelors - 4 years and not mentioned one year of graduate study.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2003
Awarded by: Jawaharlal Nehru University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Chinese Language and Literature
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2006
Awarded by: Jawaharlal Nehru University
Major/Specialization: Chinese Language and Literature
Canadian Equivalency: One year of graduate study

What if ICES and IQAS writes the same in the summary?
Even in my case it is the same issue. I am still writing in to WES almost every week trying to convince them to add the "one year graduate study" in the summary itself!! Actually it is absurd coz many people on this forum with the same education credential have it mentioned in the summary itself. I don't know why in our case it is missing.
I really cannot comment about ICES or IQAS and how they will judge our credentials. Will have to wait for some one who actually got their ECA done from these agencies with similar credentials. So far no body has at least in the forum.

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Need some Advice !!!

Dear Friends

Need some Advice !!!

I am writing to seek for an advice regarding my recent Express Entry application in specific related to my education section.

I have obtained 2 years of Higher National Diploma in Hospitality from UK College which is recognised for fast track for higher studies. Based on this I have selected a top-up one year programme from University to obtain Bachelor's degree. As per ECA report that I received the degree is equivalent to 4 years as per Canadian standards.

I need your advice on how to break down the institutions and years of study, and what would be more appropriate to select in education section: BACHELOR'S DEGREE or TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES (Since I am also holding a two years Post-Secondary Diploma from Canadian College)

Thanks

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Re: Need some Advice !!!

tariq11 said:
Dear Friends

Need some Advice !!!

I am writing to seek for an advice regarding my recent Express Entry application in specific related to my education section.

I have obtained 2 years of Higher National Diploma in Hospitality from UK College which is recognised for fast track for higher studies. Based on this I have selected a top-up one year programme from University to obtain Bachelor's degree. As per ECA report that I received the degree is equivalent to 4 years as per Canadian standards.

I need your advice on how to break down the institutions and years of study, and what would be more appropriate to select in education section: BACHELOR'S DEGREE or TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES (Since I am also holding a two years Post-Secondary Diploma from Canadian College)

Thanks
Two or more degrees, certificates, diplomas...as this option will give you more points overall.

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Am i eligible to select that option ? Since i have a degree which was like a top up from two different institutions and later a post secondary from canada

Please reply

dbaindia

Apr 3, 2015
sita1987 and friends.

Need ur advice regarding WES and selection of bachelors or 2 or more dip, degree stuff.
i ve completed Dip in E.E.E-3yrs and then B.Tech EEE 3yrs.So clearly its 10+3+3 as per our education system in India.

My WES report says as below:

===================================================

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Awarded by: State Board of Technical Education and Training
Major/Specialization: Electrical and Electronics Engineering

Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Awarded by: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University

=============================================================================

Plz let me know if its just 4 yrs or two or more.which one should I select from the dropdown.

Im standin at 365 with 4yrs bachelor.

Thanks,

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
dbaindia said:
sita1987 and friends.

Need ur advice regarding WES and selection of bachelors or 2 or more dip, degree stuff.
i ve completed Dip in E.E.E-3yrs and then B.Tech EEE 3yrs.So clearly its 10+3+3 as per our education system in India.

My WES report says as below:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Awarded by: State Board of Technical Education and Training

Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

Credential: Bachelor of Technology
Awarded by: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University

=============================================================================

Plz let me know if its just 4 yrs or two or more.which one should I select from the dropdown.

Im standin at 365 with 4yrs bachelor.

Thanks,
As per current rules and explanation given on CIC you can choose only bachelors degree option.
Since your first credential has been evaluated as equivalent to secondary school diploma only you cannot choose two or more certificates option.

Please see this link for further details and clarifications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
tariq11 said:
Am i eligible to select that option ? Since i have a degree which was like a top up from two different institutions and later a post secondary from canada

Please reply
If you want an accurate answer please ask an accurate question. Best would be if you can state the exact words as given in your ECA summary. Because in the end that is what matters.
As per ECA report that I received the degree is equivalent to 4 years as per Canadian standards. You had mentioned this in your previous post...and I assumed it meant your ECA stated 4 years bachelors degree. May be I am wrong.
So once again clearly state your ECA summary
If you indeed got bachelors degree or any other qualification degree as listed in CIC website (which is for 3 years or more) in your ECA, that plus a "Canadian two years Post-Secondary Diploma from Canadian College" would surely qualify for two or more certificates option. If not the case might be different.

Again please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
Hey Faithope

In fact my ECA also was put under review twice by WES but both times no change and the same standard reply.
I had sent a CSE to CIC a week back but again they gave a standard reply which was of no further help to me. Here I am sharing it with all forum members for your benefit:

Dear Client,

Candidates who have two or more post-secondary program credentials would earn points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for their highest level of education only. If the credentials are at the same level (e.g., two bachelor's degrees), then candidates can select the appropriate level of education for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” when completing their profile. CRS points for education are awarded only to those who have a Canadian credential or an educational credential assessment (ECA). Note that points will not be awarded to any educational program that is not completed or if no certificate, diploma or degree was awarded.

For example, a candidate with:

- a bachelor's degree from a non-Canadian university and a master's degree from a Canadian university should choose the Master's level of education in their profile. An ECA is not required for the bachelor's degree as no points will be awarded for that degree.
- a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the Master's level of education. The master's degree needs to have an ECA.
- a one-year post-secondary diploma and a four-year bachelor's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” level of education. Both the diploma and the degree need to have an ECA.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Applicant Information:-----
Enquiry:
Dear CIC, I am facing a unique issue with regard to my ECA conducted by WES. It has evaluated my masters in science program (full time 2 years course) in environmental studies as equivalent to "one year graduate study" in Canada. With this I am unable to choose either masters or "two or more post-secondary degrees" in my EE profile on mycic. Can I at least select "two or more post secondary degree option"? Both my bachelors and masters are from recognized university (as stated in my ECA report as well). Thanks

So you can see they clearly mention unless both the degrees are complete, as in our ECA states "degree" "diploma" or "certificate" we cannot unfortunately claim any points for it. This is beyond frustrating but alas I have lost hope now that anything can be done about it with WES or CIC.

Only option is getting your degrees evaluated by CES and see how that turns out to be. In case of Oasis.gc I know that he/she has got their degrees re-evaluated by CES and guess what their masters was evaluated as post-graduate diploma by CES. So now Oasis can claim points for "two or more.."
I am also thinking of getting my masters re-evaluated by CES but it seems like a daunting and long process :(
Hi Sita1987,
I was reading this post of yours...
Just got stucked on one particular point which is mentioned in the above reply by CIC...

Both the diploma and the degree need to have an ECA...

so what does this mean?
Do we need to do ECA separately for both the degrees...
As WES provides degree equivalency for both bachelors and masters degree in a single report, so will it be considered valid for this purpose?

One more thing, does ECA from ICES or IQAS cover both the degrees equivalency in a single report like WES???
or we need to do separate ECA for both degree by spending $300 = $300 for doing ECA of bachelors as well as masters degree...??

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
munjal said:
Hi Sita1987,
I was reading this post of yours...
Just got stucked on one particular point which is mentioned in the above reply by CIC...

Both the diploma and the degree need to have an ECA...

so what does this mean?
Do we need to do ECA separately for both the degrees...
As WES provides degree equivalency for both bachelors and masters degree in a single report, so will it be considered valid for this purpose? Yes that will be considered valid. I think you are getting confused between the masters option and the two or more degree option. They clearly mention that for bachelors + masters from a non-canadian university one needs a masters equivalency ECA to claim the points for masters. While for two or more degree option you need to get both your bachelors and post-secondary diploma degree assessed and should have a valid Canadian equivalency in the ECA. Doesn't matter if it is in the same ECA report or not.

One more thing, does ECA from ICES or IQAS cover both the degrees equivalency in a single report like WES???
or we need to do separate ECA for both degree by spending $300 = $300 for doing ECA of bachelors as well as masters degree...?? I don't know about ICES or IQAS and how they provide the ECA. But definitely you can get both your degrees assessed together no need to apply separately. For IQAS they mention fees as 200$ plus postage and courier fees. Refer to: http://work.alberta.ca/Immigration/educational-credential-assessment-for-immigration-purposes.html

ICES is more expensive it seems as they mention 200$ per educational credential so for two degrees it will be 200 + 200$ and they mention int their website that the equivalency will be in the same report. http://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/servicefees.shtml
http://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/faq.shtml#q17

AirCanada21

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys.

Did you get any feedback yet if a one year master's degree can be considered as study towards masters and therefore can be added as "two or more diploma/cert"? Thanks

AirCanada21

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have my ECA assessed by WES. The results are:

1. First degree: Canadian Bachelors Equivalent
2. Second degree: One and a half years of graduate study. - I have not finished my Masters yet

My question is: Will my second degree qualify as "STUDY TOWARDS MASTERS" such that I can add it as two or more cert/diploma?
That will increase my CRS from 443 to 470. Thanks

clarasteven

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
IELTS Request
26-09-2015
1. Four year bachelors degree in electronics and telecommunication. Recognised
2. 6 month Post graduate diploma in Information security. Recognised

Can i claim "Two or more certificate?"

Can someone shed light on this topic?

adichourasiya

Mar 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Nov[CIC]
Nomination.....
12 Oct[OPNP]
AOR Received.
2 Nov[CIC]
Med's Done....
10 nov
Hi Sita,
Thanks for the thread. Here are my details

1. Credential: Bachelor of Engineering

2. Credential: Academic Transcript (this is mentioned instead of MS or study towards masters)
Canadian Equivalency: One and one-half years of graduate study

Can I claim for 'two or more degree?' or should I go with summary? Also if there is benefit in applying with other agencies?