+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got 'One year graduate study' in WES Report?

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Aal_ said:
I do not agree with that statement as its clearly written on cic website that you can claim 2 degrees for a bachelor AND these
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Study Toward a Master's Degree
Yes, Study towards a Master's Degree can also be included under 2 or more degrees.

neha357

May 24, 2016
I just got my ECA done by WES. Devastated looking at the report. :mad:

Earned B.Com(bachelor's degree) & MSW(master's degree) from India. As per the report - B.Com was evaluated as Bachelor's degree THREE years and MSW as Bachelor's degree FOUR years.

I also got the report re-evaluated and their response remained the same.

Lost points for Master's degree.

Is there anything that can be done to avail the points for master's degree?

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
neha357 said:
I just got my ECA done by WES. Devastated looking at the report. :mad:

Earned B.Com(bachelor's degree) & MSW(master's degree) from India. As per the report - B.Com was evaluated as Bachelor's degree THREE years and MSW as Bachelor's degree FOUR years.

I also got the report re-evaluated and their response remained the same.

Lost points for Master's degree.

Is there anything that can be done to avail the points for master's degree?
If their responses is the same even after the revaluation, then I am afraid there is not much that can be done.

However, you can definitely claim points for 2 or more degrees and you would get 25 points additionally if you have a IELTS band 9 score.

This ideally would take you to a much higher score (other parameters aside since you haven't mentioned your current score) and hopefully closer to the direct ITA.

neha357

May 24, 2016
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
If their responses is the same even after the revaluation, then I am afraid there is not much that can be done.

However, you can definitely claim points for 2 or more degrees and you would get 25 points additionally if you have a IELTS band 9 score.

This ideally would take you to a much higher score (other parameters aside since you haven't mentioned your current score) and hopefully closer to the direct ITA.
Yeah! I've claimed additional points for 'two or more degrees' - got 20 additional points for IELTS band 8. Thank you so much!
Can ECA from other approved agencies be of any respite?

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
neha357 said:
Yeah! I've claimed additional points for 'two or more degrees' - got 20 additional points for IELTS band 8. Thank you so much!
Can ECA from other approved agencies be of any respite?
Highly unlikely. Also would be better to not waste money in getting this revaluated. Btw what is your score now?

tchandra123

Jan 11, 2017
forcanada said:
I read it too. I have First division in masters but Second division(below 55%) in bachelors. Does it mean that I would not get any assessment for post secondary study?
I have already created the profile on WES and added both the degrees. Awaiting for transcripts from the university.
Did you get the evaluation completed? My wife has a similar situation with 2nd Division in bachelors and First division in masters.

vishal_t

Aug 12, 2015
As per my understanding the grade does not matter as long as the course is completed & the degree awarded.

For people with BSc & MSc you can claim 2 degrees. ECA has to have 2 numbered point & can say some thing like this : Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) in the CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY at the top

Refer to CIC link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

The 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' section has this:
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.
ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

raman414

Dec 23, 2016
Hi Everybody,

After reading all the comments in this thread I came to a point that I can apply for "Two or more" options in education assessments column if i had below education qualification:

1) 4 years Bachelor degree(Regular)
2) One year post graduate program(Part time in WES recognized university)

Please correct me If am wrong.

And just to add this, I am just B tech holder as of now and going to apply for this One year post graduate program next month to increase my CRS score.

Please feel free to suggest the program name or university which I can take for any better course. As of now I am going with IGNOU open university.

My current CRS is 398 as per my assumption after having "Two or more cert,degree" options it will be near to 420 I can be eligible for PNP at least.

Thanks,
Raman

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
1. Credential

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential

Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate certificate (one semester)

can i claim two or more degrees or is it only one degree?

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi All,

I have earlier completed B.Sc (Mathematics) from Madras University and completed MBA (Operations Management) from IGNOU, New Delhi . I earlier thought it is enough for me to provide transcripts for MBA for WES-Canada. Some says I need to provide transcripts for UG (B.Sc) as well. If I have to provide transcripts for both, I will get 2 sealed covers from 2 universities. How do I send to WES to ECA? Any one faced such situation?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi All,

I have earlier completed B.Sc (Mathematics) from Madras University and completed MBA (Operations Management) from IGNOU, New Delhi . I earlier thought it is enough for me to provide transcripts for MBA for WES-Canada. Some says I need to provide transcripts for UG (B.Sc) as well. If I have to provide transcripts for both, I will get 2 sealed covers from 2 universities. How do I send to WES to ECA? Any one faced such situation?
doesn't amtter you can place them all in one big enveloppe or separately. the most important thing is to add the reference number on the enveloppe

jinesh03

Apr 6, 2018
Well I got the following in my WES ECA report -

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2009
Awarded by: University of Mumbai
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Certificate
Year: 2011
Awarded by: Aston University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Distributed and Networked Computing
Canadian Equivalency: Post-graduate certificate (one year)

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

While in EE profile, I am going to mention it as Two or more degree/diploma/certificate with one education having three years of bachelor (right now waiting for IELTS only).

Hope this helps.

All The Best,
K
Just wondering what you had to choose while selecting WES evaluation for post-graduate study. Since there are only Bachelor and Master options available to select on WES.

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi.... I am also from MGU meghalaya...did my MBA from there.... Did you recieve a positive ECA from WES.... Please revert...

Haven't applied for the Credential Evaluation yet, but did a sample evaluation at WES Degree Equivalency Tool online and got the below result.

Credential 1
Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Technology
Name of Institution: Mahatma Gandhi University
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Master of Science (2 year Off Campus Work Integrated Course)
Name of Institution: Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study

The CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is not shown in the webpage. I assume from the other posts that it will be "Bachelor's degree (four years)" only. (Though I have also completed 2 year Masters degree in India).

Please help me by answering below queries:
1. Under 'Level of Education' factors in CRS, i will be able to claim ONLY the 112 points for "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" and NOT the 119 points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".
Is this understanding correct?
2. Under 'Skill transferability factors', will i be able to claim the 50 points for "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" combined with CLB9 in IELTS?
or only the 25 points for "Post-secondary program credential of one year or longer" combined with CLB9.
3. Which agency is the best (w.r.to, response time, no additional document requirements, no time taking direct verifications with the universities, usefulness of the certificate for seeking employment at Toronto, cost etc)? WES or CES UoT or ICAS?
4. Will there be a more favourable evaluation than the above pasted, if i choose any agency other than WES?

Many thanks in advance.

Jas.kaur22

Apr 11, 2018
So I did three year program of electro mechanical technology but i withdrew from co-op. However I completed all six semesters with Gpa of 3.8. Just wanted to know if it is a possibity to get rejected from PR becoz of not doing the co-op? I am really worried about this.
Waiting for reply

Karan3005

May 1, 2018
I got my WES report today
Bachelor's degree (three years) for my B.com hons and bachelor's degree (four years) for my M.com...
Can i apply for two or more certificates ????