+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Thanks. Good luck you too. Do you think that the cases are faster after december 2016?
I don't know, but they are trying to process files faster than before December 2016.

parmida

Jun 21, 2017
Wooow that was fast , we are waiting for more than 13 months now, congrats and consider yourself very lucky
Yes ,I feel so lucky. even tough my process was fast but i know how you guys feel.Just a quick tip;dont worry about your status in ECAS & GCKey,mine hasn't changed yet!!!!

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Hi folks, our file just got transferred to Ankara. I guess now the wait begins.
For the people that are experiencing delays, are you all sponsoring male spouses? is that why? Or the ones sponsoring female spouses are also taking a long time? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi folks, our file just got transferred to Ankara. I guess now the wait begins.
For the people that are experiencing delays, are you all sponsoring male spouses? is that why? Or the ones sponsoring female spouses are also taking a long time? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Check the file in my signature. We are mostly female sponsors but they are men sponsors too. The female applicants are in pink.

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Check the file in my signature. We are mostly female sponsors but they are men sponsors too. The female applicants are in pink.
Thanks. I took a look.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I am so disappointed checked Beirut, Vienna, London, ND threads which are some of the slow VOs as well but everyone is still getting PR within normal processing time and even a lot faster. 18 months for Lebenese, 22 months for Afghan (one person from April 2016 got PPR May 2017 and mostly took 12 months), 20 months for Pakistan (max took 15 month) and 16 months for Indians.

Why Iranians March/April applicant should still be waiting for Ankara? What is our fault :(. How can security check be different for the citizens all from the middle east?

Mina124

May 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27 May 2016
Doc's Request.
28 Nov 2016- CSQ
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I am so disappointed checked Beirut, Vienna, London, ND threads which are some of the slow VOs as well but everyone is still getting PR within normal processing time and even a lot faster. 18 months for Lebenese, 22 months for Afghan (one person from April 2016 got PPR May 2017 and mostly took 12 months), 20 months for Pakistan (max took 15 month) and 16 months for Indians.

Why Iranians March/April applicant should still be waiting for Ankara? What is our fault :(. How can security check be different for the citizens all from the middle east?
:(:(:(:(:( there is no news until Wednesday

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Got this note from Beirut thread:
"
We did not sign a petition, but one of our group members talked to a guy from CBC news and another TV show and explained the issue. They said they can't do anything because there is no proof that people who applied after us got their permanent residence before us and our applications do not have any issues causing this delay. In other words, if you are looking to reach the media, there are two things you have to provide:
- Proof that your application is delayed just because officers are being careless and not because there are issues with your application
- Proof that people who applied after you, got their PPR before you and you are still waiting beyond normal wait times
If you don't have these proofs, the media are afraid to talk about the issue because that's like they are suspecting the credibility of the government and its operations.
We reached a point where we gave up. You may still try but unfortunately, I doubt anyone will listen. Thankfully, I and another applicant got their ppr but a few others are still waiting. They are on this forum as well, so if they are interested, they will contact you."

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
If we decide to do this I think for the first proof we can present the documents which shows multiple enquiries and the US 180 day screening policy.
for the second one we can use the open data we got and we will get.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Got this note from Beirut thread:
"
We did not sign a petition, but one of our group members talked to a guy from CBC news and another TV show and explained the issue. They said they can't do anything because there is no proof that people who applied after us got their permanent residence before us and our applications do not have any issues causing this delay. In other words, if you are looking to reach the media, there are two things you have to provide:
- Proof that your application is delayed just because officers are being careless and not because there are issues with your application
- Proof that people who applied after you, got their PPR before you and you are still waiting beyond normal wait times
If you don't have these proofs, the media are afraid to talk about the issue because that's like they are suspecting the credibility of the government and its operations.
We reached a point where we gave up. You may still try but unfortunately, I doubt anyone will listen. Thankfully, I and another applicant got their ppr but a few others are still waiting. They are on this forum as well, so if they are interested, they will contact you."

My wife has contacted her MP and he has told her that they are waiting for the Iranian military to give them the information they have asked for! I am almost sure that the Iranian army is NEVER going to release any information to foreign organizations! And we shouldn't forget that currently Iran and Canada have no diplomatic relations! We sent another email to the MP and explained the situation to him and asked him to give us a reference number so we can follow it up here in Iran but I don't think this is going to work! I think we should explain the situation to the MPs and ask them to pressure CSIS, CIC, Ankara or any other party involved to change their procedure. There should be a deadline as to how long Canada can wait for an Iranian organization to reply to them!!! We cannot wait for the Iranian army or other organizations forever!!!!

Reactions: strength2

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
If anyone is in East Vancouver I suggest you go talk to Jenny.Kwan@parl.gc.ca. She is a MP and an immigration critic. I sent her couple of emails she seems to have the same concerns as us about immigration but since I am not in her zone she referred me to my own MP.

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Hey guys
Did you try to get more information about the details of your applications through GCMS?
You can easily find this service at cic.gc.ca.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hey guys
Did you try to get more information about the details of your applications through GCMS?
You can easily find this service at cic.gc.ca.
yes and security is blank and we are all stuck in the security :(

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
yes and security is blank and we are all stuck in the security :(
So sorry to hear that. I'm a March 2017 applicant and my documents have been forwarded to Ankara VO. I know being apart is so hard to imagine. I have been told that some agencies which are responsible for exploring and reporting applicants' background are really slow, and apparently VOes don't care. You guys have to find connections in Ankara I guess.