+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

CanadaHiker

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
Nomination.....
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
25-12-2014
Med's Done....
3-3-2015
If we decide to do this I think for the first proof we can present the documents which shows multiple enquiries and the US 180 day screening policy.
for the second one we can use the open data we got and we will get.
Hi, to whom the US screening policy applies?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi, to whom the US screening policy applies?
Hi FBI name check applies to green card applicants but we are wondering if CSIS has or should have the same policy that after 180 days give ok for PR even if security is not done.

Mina124

May 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27 May 2016
Doc's Request.
28 Nov 2016- CSQ
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
So sorry to hear that. I'm a March 2017 applicant and my documents have been forwarded to Ankara VO. I know being apart is so hard to imagine. I have been told that some agencies which are responsible for exploring and reporting applicants' background are really slow, and apparently VOes don't care. You guys have to find connections in Ankara I guess.
How can we find connection in Ankara? Do you know somebody or agency can help us? I am waiting for my application 13 months. If you know please help us. It is really frustrating

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
How can we find connection in Ankara? Do you know somebody or agency can help us? I am waiting for my application 13 months. If you know please help us. It is really frustrating
Mina jan, I am sure it doesn't work that way, everyone of us is ready to pay and get the application processed now, lol its hard and annoying as hell , but it will happen, keep smiling, we will hear some good news soon all of us.:)

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hey guys!
Check this out please. Somebody somewhere else on this forum has written this about Ankara VO.:
*************************************************************************************************************
Hi Everyone,
I have sponsored my parents ( and brother which is in their file) 3 years ago, and after long wait, I have got an email (June 9th, 2017) from Anakara immigration that our file has approved and my parents and brother need to send their passport to issue their visa - they gave us 30 days for sending passports.

we have got the passport with Visa issued today ( July 2nd), but all of the visa were expired on June 29th, 2017!! Date of issue for the Visas were Feb 29th , 2017 , but we just got the notification to send passport on June 9th.

Just wondering if anyone has seen or experience similar situation and what we need to do? clearly we followed and were on time with all their request , but not sure why this happened.

any help/advice is highly appreciated.
***************************************************************************************************************
Ankara VO is seriously messed up! Why should it take them more than 3 months(From Feb. to June) To send the PPR email to someone and then why should they put visa stickers with invalid dates on people's passports!! Those who work there don't care about us and are really playing with our life!!!

Reactions: strength2

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Hi everyone,
Has any of you contacted Ankara office via phone? Do you have the number to reach them? Will be much appreciated if you can share.

Mina124

May 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27 May 2016
Doc's Request.
28 Nov 2016- CSQ
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi everyone,
Has any of you contacted Ankara office via phone? Do you have the number to reach them? Will be much appreciated if you can share.
Hi,
there is one tel number which is mentioned in Ankara immigration office website, Tel.: +90 (312) 409 27 00
But you can not talk them,only answering machine replay you. If you could find the number that can talk to operator please let me know as well.
Thanks

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
The processing for Iranians is 8 months (according to CIC for apps received before Dec 2016) while all other 4 countries that Ankara office deals with (Turkey, Azerbajan, Georgia, Turkmenistan) is 10-15 months. Iran has no diplomatic relationship while other countries have. Yet, the processing time for Iranians is much smaller. This seems weird.

I see that most of you are upset that you passed 8 months mark. Perhaps 8 months benchmark is an error to begin with, and should be at least 10-15 months similar to other 4?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
The processing for Iranians is 8 months (according to CIC for apps received before Dec 2016) while all other 4 countries that Ankara office deals with (Turkey, Azerbajan, Georgia, Turkmenistan) is 10-15 months. Iran has no diplomatic relationship while other countries have. Yet, the processing time for Iranians is much smaller. This seems weird.

I see that most of you are upset that you passed 8 months mark. Perhaps 8 months benchmark is an error to begin with, and should be at least 10-15 months similar to other 4?
We are getting closer to 16 months anyways which is two times of the Iranian normal processing time. for 20% of the applications which go for intensive security screening there is no deadline. There are two people waiting for 3 years. Check the list from my signature. It is so sa but our applications are stuck at security. I could get confirmation that CSIS is done but IRCC should inform us what foreign agencies it is using in Iran so that we can follow up.

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
We are getting closer to 16 months anyways which is two times of the Iranian normal processing time. for 20% of the applications which go for intensive security screening there is no deadline. There are two people waiting for 3 years. Check the list from my signature. It is so sa but our applications are stuck at security. I could get confirmation that CSIS is done but IRCC should inform us what foreign agencies it is using in Iran so that we can follow up.
Strength2 / Strength3/Maryam Z ---> Date applied: 2016-05-31 --> It has been 13 months (i.e. not 16), well within time limit of 10-15 months for other 4.

Please note that, in my opinion, 8 months for Iran is an error. How can a country with no diplomatic relationship be 8 months while other 4 countries (all of whom have diplomatic relationships) be 10-15 months. That is really weird.

If you guys from Iran are frustrated that 8 months criteria is not met, I hope you have some pity for other 4 countries.

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Strength2 / Strength3/Maryam Z ---> Date applied: 2016-05-31 --> It has been 13 months (i.e. not 16), well within time limit of 10-15 months for other 4.

Please note that, in my opinion, 8 months for Iran is an error. How can a country with no diplomatic relationship be 8 months while other 4 countries (all of whom have diplomatic relationships) be 10-15 months. That is really weird.

If you guys from Iran are frustrated that 8 months criteria is not met, I hope you have some pity for other 4 countries.
I am not talking about myself specifically. we have pity for all countries and nationalities and all Canadian sponsors. We told minister 8 months must be a mistake but they even changed from 9 to 8 not long time ago. so better explanation is there is no deadline now.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet

With all due respect I should say it's your opinion that is weird not the 8 months wait time for the Iranians! I feel sympathy for anybody who is away from their spouse because of the stupid formalities that we all have to go through! I hope the processing time for anybody from any country becomes as short as possible so we can all plan for our life and I think instead of arguing with us you should pressure CIC or your MP or anybody else to make this process as fast as they can for everybody! I'll be really happy if one day I hear that processing time for you guys is below 6 months or even less!

Reactions: strength2

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
With all due respect I should say it's your opinion that is weird not the 8 months wait time for the Iranians! I feel sympathy for anybody who is away from their spouse because of the stupid formalities that we all have to go through! I hope the processing time for anybody from any country becomes as short as possible so we can all plan for our life and I think instead of arguing with us you should pressure CIC or your MP or anybody else to make this process as fast as they can for everybody! I'll be really happy if one day I hear that processing time for you guys is below 6 months or even less!
I hope one day we can have spouse supervisa the same way we have parents supervisa to let the couple entre Canada together right after their marriage even if PR takes couple of months.