+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I am from one of those 4 countries. Applied late 2016. I am Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife.

As with all of you, it is hard for us to be apart, but we were able to come up with a solution:

My wife applied for visitor visa to USA, which she fortunately was able to get. We rent an apartment in USA near Canada border, and I travel to see her 2 times a week. If this is a possibility for you guys, you may want to consider this option as well. However, I realize with travel ban in USA this may not be an option for Iranians.

Hope all our cases gets finalized soon.
welcome to this group. I am living 5 min from the border but unfortunately there is restriction against Iranians for getting US visitor visa. Some of us have not met with our spouse for a year :(. I am happy for you two. I cannot attach a file to this forum but if you leave me your email address I can send you the statistics from Ankara for all the countries.
Did she apply for Canadian visitor visa as well?

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
welcome to this group. I am living 5 min from the border but unfortunately there is restriction against Iranians for getting US visitor visa. Some of us have not met with our spouse for a year :(. I am happy for you two. I cannot attach a file to this forum but if you leave me your email address I can send you the statistics from Ankara for all the countries.
Did she apply for Canadian visitor visa as well?
Yes, we applied for a visitor visa to Canada but it was rejected. Hence, we came up with USA visitor visa idea.

Reactions: strength2

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Last edited:

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
I see and Ankara VO is not supposed to reject it because there is a dual intention law. Can you please send me the rejection letter after you remove all the names. What were the reasons checked for rejection?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp
I am aware about dual intent. But dual intent states that VO cannot reject just because you want to stay permanently in Canada. However, you still need to prove that you will leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
I hired a lawyer for visitor visa and we had a very strong case but still got rejected. Send me your email address via private message and I will share the details. Thanks.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
sorry this was an old event from 2015. I made a mistake.

CanadaHiker

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2014
Nomination.....
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
25-12-2014
Med's Done....
3-3-2015
CIC has different averages for countries applications being processed in Ankara Visa Office and average processing time for multiple countries is not a valid term. Diplomatic ties are not the major factor because the ambassador or diplomatic crew are not those who do the actual background checking process. For of those other four countries, Azerbaijan is in the state of war with Armenia and recently there were arm fires in Nagorno-Karabakh resulted in the killing of four Armenians. Georgia is also heavily in trouble with Rusia and the country is separated because of unsolved current civil war. Turkey in another hand, unfortunately, targeted and used by radicals to reach battlegrounds in the south and houses so many threats and sources illegal immigration waves to Europe.
While Iran has no diplomatic representatives in Canada there are ties. Recently there was a Canadian Foreign Affairs' representative visit to Iran and Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland spoke on the phone with her counterpart in Iran. Iranian organizations also well cooperating with regards to documents needed. For instance, it takes just a week for an Iranian national to get a Police Certificate. Also, Iran has an advanced Civil Registration comparing to most of other countries in the region with certificates that are extremely reliable. Official translations in Iran are also heavily regulated so every single document to be translated needed to be reviewed by both the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs representatives.
These made Iranian applications very transparent and easy to trace and a huge number of applications also made officers completely familiar with potential issues so reduced the overall time needed for Iranian spouses sponsorship applications to be processed.
OK, fair point. I don't speak Farsi, so I don't know the other forums you mentioned. It seems really strange that Iran, country with no diplomatic ties, will be processed sooner that other 4. This is my opinion and I have the right to express it.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
We just finish talking about Iranian applicant's. My husband seems like the only soul from Georgia and it's been 12 months already since i applied to sponsor him. Georgia doesn't have many applicant's, so why it's taking so long? The other way, it should be moving much faster. But here we are 12 months. Just thinking how much longer do we have to wait? I am tired of talking and spending too much time by the computer. But all i know it's not fair. And Ankara really doesn't care about peoples life's and their future. Government should start giving super visas for couples. That's the only solution to the problem.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I am aware about dual intent. But dual intent states that VO cannot reject just because you want to stay permanently in Canada. However, you still need to prove that you will leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
I hired a lawyer for visitor visa and we had a very strong case but still got rejected. Send me your email address via private message and I will share the details. Thanks.
You can never prove it in such a way an Ankara officer accepts it no matter how much travel history, fund, property, family , job and ties you have to the country of residence!

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
Hey all, so I received my new set of notes. There are a few changes but what concerns me is security screening as usual..

Here is what I have under security, does anyone have something similar? I can't understand whether it's completed or still in process.

ADMISSIBILITIES
Security
Security: 1

UCI:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security
the rest is erased

ATTACHEMENTS
ATTACHEMENTS: 0
SUB ACTIVITIES
SUB ACTIVITIES: 1

UCI:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security
the rest is erased

Blank space

SECURITY SCREENING

Blank space

ATTACHEMENTS

Blank space - This probably means they received some documents regarding the comprehensive security check

INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTNERS
INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTNERS: 0

INSTRUCTIONS FROM PARTNERS
INSTRUCTIONS FROM PARTNERS: 0

And of course I have s.15(1) code as protection.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
CIC has different averages for countries applications being processed in Ankara Visa Office and average processing time for multiple countries is not a valid term. Diplomatic ties are not the major factor because the ambassador or diplomatic crew are not those who do the actual background checking process. For of those other four countries, Azerbaijan is in the state of war with Armenia and recently there were arm fires in Nagorno-Karabakh resulted in the killing of four Armenians. Georgia is also heavily in trouble with Rusia and the country is separated because of unsolved current civil war. Turkey in another hand, unfortunately, targeted and used by radicals to reach battlegrounds in the south and houses so many threats and sources illegal immigration waves to Europe.
While Iran has no diplomatic representatives in Canada there are ties. Recently there was a Canadian Foreign Affairs' representative visit to Iran and Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland spoke on the phone with her counterpart in Iran. Iranian organizations also well cooperating with regards to documents needed. For instance, it takes just a week for an Iranian national to get a Police Certificate. Also, Iran has an advanced Civil Registration comparing to most of other countries in the region with certificates that are extremely reliable. Official translations in Iran are also heavily regulated so every single document to be translated needed to be reviewed by both the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs representatives.
These made Iranian applications very transparent and easy to trace and a huge number of applications also made officers completely familiar with potential issues so reduced the overall time needed for Iranian spouses sponsorship applications to be processed.
I hope all the PRs come as soon as possible. Even processing times are approximate. We had someone from this forum (pmc92) from Georgia whose wife got PPR in 8 months or so. So don't count on 15 months. It will hopefully be faster.

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Thank you CanadaHiker for detailed explanation. Makes sense.

Reactions: CanadaHiker

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
today we finished 13 months of waiting, lets see what July brings to us,:)I hope we get PPR soon.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
today we finished 13 months of waiting, lets see what July brings to us,:)I hope we get PPR soon.
Some of us have the eligibility due date of end of July, and the assignment due date of end of July or 13 Aug from our gcms notes. Hopefully some changes happen on July.

Reactions: Naghmeh