Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
Re: Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

mohammedm123 said:
sister don't worry, send them an emil explain your situation and tell them I need more time to get the required documents, because me too when they wanted my documents in 30 days I sent them an emil back and told them I need them to extend the time because it's hard to get it on time, and they got back to me with extended date. so try to send an emil o inshallah khair

really??? thank god. i would probably not be a 100% sure its fine if someone just told me it was but knowing you have had a similar situation feels so much better. thanks so much for your reply!

but i have a question, did u mean to explain exactly what happened to me or should i do what my lawyer told me to do? u know about the hacked email ?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hiiiii everyone!!!!!

our trip to Jordan went as hoped, we r back with the gold visa, COPR and aaaaaalll our relationship proofs!!!! what a great feeling!!!! u'll see, u'll all get it!!!!! we were soo in the cloud 9 after we got everything, that once passing all the security back outside and collecting our things (they don't let u inside with mobile phones, headphones, etc) we forgot the most imp envelope :eek: :eek: of course the security were more focused than us and i guess we were not the first ones to forget something that we got it back in no time; but anyway, if u do go in person try to b focused and don't forget the most important ;) also open the envelope before leaving make sure that the passport and copr r there and all the info is correct; after that it will b very difficult to go back in; there is a completely different atmosphere between the local security outside (not patient at all with people, rude, thinking themselves as Gods) and the people working inside very patient, gentle, polite;

now i'll try to give u as many details as i could gather; maybe it's not much because everyone there was talking arabic including the receptionist inside the embassy so i was lost and my husband is not the kind of person to start talking with people and asking questions; also since we were very pressed with the time (our return flight was in the same evening) we tried to b the first ones there to make sure we can enter; so i noticed a few things with ppl before us and don't know much abt the ones entering after us; BUT most people were there for visit visa applications either to apply or to inquiry abt their application; from maybe 20 ppl 17 had receipts from visit visa applications, 1 guy before us left with an envelope too (not clear if it was sponsorship application or FWS) and one young lady with very small baby had interview :eek: i suppose it was sponsorship application cuz otherwise her husband should have been at the interview too (usually for FWS they interview all family); she entered in the interview room while we were there and it was such a small room with 2 chairs one in front of the other; i really think the officers there r trying to avoid an interview as much as possible, because really they lack space; and i also think that most of people getting visa like us use courrier that's why we didn't see many; i'm sure they issue a few visas every day; but they have a looooot of work; while we were there there were applications coming by fedex and an officer taking them upstairs, so they are very active and have lots of work
now here is how our day went; our hotel was walking distance from the embassy; we arrived sunday and first thing we did was to go check where the embassy was; i was expecting a nice building with fence around just like i saw in other countries; but no and we almost missed it; at the end it's easy to find it cuz it's the only place with a Canadian flag; the embassy is actually inside an office building and has 2 floors - one for immigration another for consular services; so we went to check out the place the evening before and chat with security; he told us that they let max 30 ppl inside (there is no capacity for more) and we should arrive since 6am to make sure we can enter :eek: :eek: that's what we did; next morning we were there at 6am, we were the 2nd to arrive; at 6:30am sharp the security started to write our name on a paper but without giving a number or anything; then we left, had breakfast and a little before 8am we were back ready to enter; through my surprise (my husband being arab is used with such practices :( ) a guy came to security told them he's a doctor and they let him enter first although his name was not on the list :( that's why i say that how they work outside is completely different than how they work inside; anyway, we were not many ppl so everyone entered; once inside we gave the passport and email to the receptionist and initially she told us to come back on Wednesday :eek: :eek: after we explained to her that we don't live there and our flight is in the same evening she told us to wait; she went in the back probably to talk to the officer dealing with our file and then she asked us to come back at 2pm with the printed return ticket (we had it only on the phone and the phones were left at the security downstairs); it was still not clear if we would get the passport in that day or not; at 2pm we went and there were many more people than in the morning (many without being called they were there just to inquiry); we were afraid we were too late but luckily they let us in; once upstairs they were calling first the ones who got visit visas and then one by one the rest in the order they entered; unfortunately many left empty handed
the embassy is really really small, poor really, it reflects very well the situation in the country i find; it gives u the impression of a community center not embassy - so simple and warm (except all the security checks); behind the reception window (out from the public view) r the ones working on our files - it looked like an open office really; i feel there r more people working than the office capacity, but they looked so busy, so much movement in the back; so don't worry, ur turn will come too
and yes we got all (or mostly all) of our relationship proofs back; they were exactly in the same envelopes we sent (we sent a looot of proofs - most of them were not open at all, for some the binders were in the exact same place and some were opened and studied and we didn't get back); but the most imp for us, the sentimental ones, the pictures and postcards were there; so i'm certain now that they are very practical and pragmactic people; the officer who studied our file looked like someone with many years of experience - he looked for specific things and found them easy and could make his mind fast; for the rest he just didn't look at all; so if u send less don't worry
also i think the "in process" status on ecas is there really at the end of the process, in the moment the file gets in the hand of an officer (but many paper work and checks r done before that); i heard this before and for our application it was clear that once an officer takes a file he won't let it until he will make a decision; some files could take longer because of the extra background/security checks which could also b done randomly; in that case the officer could put that file on the side, work on another file and go back to this one later; also there r officers and senior officers - if a file is more complicated it will b passed on to a senior one to make the final decision; that's my conclusion at least on why it takes longer for some and less long for others
that's it!!!! hope soon u'll all say a story like ours ;D if u have more questions feel free to ask!! good luck everyone!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
I.kat said:
really??? thank god. i would probably not be a 100% sure its fine if someone just told me it was but knowing you have had a similar situation feels so much better. thanks so much for your reply!

but i have a question, did u mean to explain exactly what happened to me or should i do what my lawyer told me to do? u know about the hacked email ?
hiii I.kat :) first congrats that u got a sign from them!! in my gcms notes ordered back in sept, the first thing they did was to look over the sponsor forms; so it means they started something in ur file too!! i think u should reply to them as soon as possible; it is unfortunate but it does happen for people to miss their mail or email; i think u r not the first or last one; what ur lawyer adviced u was good and logic; in ur explanation email include the proof that u indeed travelled; now i think it's better when u do email them to email everything: the explanation and the required duly filled form; i don't think they will just reject a file if a deadline is missed so don't worry but it might bring some delays; but of course if they see no sign after months long and let's say they send again another email and still no answer then it might!! good luck!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
hissa said:
Hello everyone. I don't post often, but i do read posts made. I'm not really sure why I'm posting now, I don't have much to say, I guess i just want to vent: I feel so frustrated with waiting! I'm so depressed not knowing how long till the process is over. After reading many of the posts here, I think I applied for my husband's sponsorship before many of you. It's been more than 17 months, as the application was received in Damascus on August of 2011. The only thing we heard from the embassy so far is a request to renew the medicals and police certificates which was 2 months ago! No status change on ecas either.. nothing to tell us that they've began the process. Seriously, I'm getting so angry with waiting and not knowing what the hell is going with the application!

Urggg... again, not really a relevant post, just wanted to vent my feelings with people who feel the same frustration as I do. :( :(
i'm sorry :( but it will come!! did u think of ordering the gcms notes? - u might not find much but in case there was some missing communication u would see it there; ecas is not relevant really, some ppl didn't have any change even after they landed in Canada; also remember that no sign from them could b a good thing; as frustrating as may seem, u'll probably get directly the ppr email, as many did; otherwise they would have already sent email for missing documents, updates, filling again forms, etc!! stay strong!! :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
I.kat said:
So this is whats new with me... as i mentioned in a post before I went to see my husband from sept 20 to jan 15!

Every day i would check my email incase there was a new email from the embassy but there was nothing.

Today, i received a txt from my husband saying he has been recieving new emails on gmail but he didnt know what they were ( he cant read english)

I was confused!! my husband doesnt own a gmail account. than i realized the account he was talking about was my account. i had saved my account on the phone he is currently using since it was my phone during my stay in Iraq.

So, after reading his text, i realized i might have gotten an email from the embassy but didnt know of it because my husband has been opening the new emails.

i logged into my account , browsed and realized that I DID receive an email on the 13th of january. While i was reading, my heart sunk. they were asking for more documents and wanted them in 20 days or less!!!!!

Unfortunately, having read the email today, counting from the 13th till today, it has passed the 20 days by 8 days!!!

What Do I Do?? Does anyone have an idea? what could be my excuse? how do i explain this to the embassy?

im sooooo stressed !! i also checked the website and couldnt log in i thought thy had already refused my application but it was so relieving reading some of your posts here that some were havin issues wih the website also.

ps i called my lawyer he told me to send them an email explaining that i was in iraq and there was no access to internet there and when i returned to canada , my email was hacked!! they sent the email on the 13th , i arrived on the 15th .. how will that help??
another thing: i couldn't access ecas either for the past 2 weeks; many ppl couldn't; it looks that they had a major security glitch, some ppl's ecas r back to normal but not for all; so no that doesn't mean they rejected; so u see they can get hacked too ;) yes just b honest and tell them abt the email hacked too; u might want to change ur email password if u didn't do it already; or, even change ur email address for the embassy (u don't want this again in the future); and u'll send them email anyway, so just give them all updates, all required documents, all explanations in one shot; u might also want to ask them something (if this will cause delay, how much delay anything u want); like this they will answer and the answer will confirm that they got ur email :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
feverdreams said:
GUYS! OH EM GEE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: we got the golden email! :D Passport request :D AHHHHH we got it on feb 11 but I have been travelling so I apologize for posting this late. BUT WE GOT IT!!!

Here is our timeline

We received your application for permanent residence on July 27, 2011.

We started processing your application on December 12, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

honestly from what I did I realized that it was a good idea to do the medicals without them asking because we have been given till jun 7 2013 for the visa expire. We also did the police certificate without them asking and that might be the reason to why they asked for PPR in a short amount of time from when it went into process.

We hope that you all hear something very soon :D Best of luck and I will update you about issuing the visa.
youhoooooooo congraaaaaaaats ;D ;D ;D ur husband will definately like the embassy experience!! :) good luck for that!!
abt the updates u said, i'm not sure, in some cases (files who waited for long time, more than 12-15 months) could help, in others it's better for them to tell u if they need anything; maybe they don't and they will get confused; in our case we didn't send any updates and we were not asked to renew medicals or police records; the medicals were extended automatically; but at the end each case is different and each of us should do what it makes us more confortable; at the end it's us who need to sleep well at night ;)
enjoy the copr and post copr stage :):):):)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
soso23 said:
Hey guys,

It's been long since I have logged on to this. I have been waiting for at least 3 months for my Husband to gather all of his documents together. Finally today I have received all of his documents by DHL and I will be handing everything in on February 14! I am planning on leaving the country sometime in June to see my Husband. Approximately how long does it take until I get my approval as a sponsor? I hope before 2-3 months :'(
welcome in the group and good luck!! currently it takes 55 days but things could change; i remember when we submitted it was around 40 days after we submitted it arrived to 100 and more :eek:
this link will help u; it gets updated every week
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
samaseemo said:
nono it didnt work yesterday but today it works. my wifes file changed to in process. but it doesnt say medicals received anymore. but also my sponsership file that had decision made was changed to in process too. :O

http://s18.postimage.org/gavzed05l/process2.png

hopefully they fix it soon for you!
yaaaay congrats samaseemo for the "in process"; maybe the officer in charge of our file, once it finished it, he started urs ;) i don't think u will wait much longer :) good luck!!
by the way u were right abt the driving - the rule there is no rule, the priority for the stronger LoL; even crossing the street - if u have guts u do, if u wait, u'll never reach ur destination :eek:
also at the airport, i passed super easy, my husband got questions and questions; at the end they gave him 7 days visa and after that we had to contact the security services; fortunately, we were out of there in no time but i would like to return one day for a tourist visit

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
Thank you! Hopefully before the end of May :'(.

missmini said:
welcome in the group and good luck!! currently it takes 55 days but things could change; i remember when we submitted it was around 40 days after we submitted it arrived to 100 and more :eek:
this link will help u; it gets updated every week

msaidalii65

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
missmini said:
hiiiii everyone!!!!!
Congradulation and wish u and your spouse safe arrival in canada and beautiful Canadian Spring will be here soon.
Thank very much for the detailed and very useful information u wrote us.
Yeasterday I notice my wife's e-application status changed from RECEIVED to IN PROCESS, thanks to God. I have a few questions :

1- My wife is in Iraq and I'm in Canada. If the embassy ask for her Passport , what is the best and safest way to send it to the embassy ? And what is the best and safest way to get her passport back from the embassy ( HOW WILL THE EMBASSY RETURN HER PASSPORT BACK TO HER IN IRAQ) ? It is not that easy for her to travel alone from iraq to Jordan.

2- Will the embassy FOR SURE call her in Iraq and tell her that her visa is ready and she can pick up any day ? If this is possibe , she waits till the embassy call her and then I book for her from canada a flight ticket to fly to Canada on the same day she gets her passport with visa on ?

Please write any inforation that helps and thanks alot and good luck to everybody

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
hello msadailii65 :)

don't worry once they ask for the passport they will explain u clearly all the options!!
of course the safest way possible is to go in person and take it in person; us we chose like that because on one hand any chance of getting that passport lost would b a very serious issue for a Syrian national and second my husband has a lot of work and goes on business trips often so he can't stay without the passport for even a few weeks; now you need to think of the cost of going in person - plane ticket, headache at the airport (also maybe strange for them that she's travelling alone), booking the hotel and staying alone, taxi, etc; and also she takes risk of not getting the passport back in the same day
another option is she sends a representative, someone from her family, father, brother with her passport; again all the costs mentioned above will apply
the thing is the embassy expects that everyone outside Jordan uses courrier so it's a very normal procedure for them; there are some Iraqis who sent it by courrier before, read a few pages behind; she arranges with the courier to send the passport then the embassy usually sends email or call saying it's ready and u'll arrange again to have it picked up; DHL or Aramex r good choices
as for the call, noone can tell u if they call FOR SURE; some officers do as u saw in our case some don't; but they all send email; so make sure she can access it, noone hacks it, etc; also they won't tell u "the visa is ready" they will tell u "u can submit ur passport"; of course we know that that's good, but first they need to see the passport and then put the visa
don't book ticket yet; with CIC u need to deal one step at a time; at the moment she has the visa then u'll book; unless her medicals expire soon and she'll b pressed arriving very fast?? if u want her to come from Jordan to Canada in the same day it's possible but what about her luggage and things - she needs to fill forms with the belongings she brings (or follow her) so she won't pay tax (maybe jewelry, carpets, decorations); this could take some time
congrats on the "in process" i think amman wants to improve their timeframe :)

msaidalii65

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
missmini said:
hello msadailii65 :)

Salaam to eveybod
Thanks missmini for the detailed information and BARAKA ALLAHOU BEKI . Regarding my wife's case now, I should just wait until a phone call or an e-mail comes from embassy and do nothing else. Is that right ? Is there anything else me or my sponsered wife has to do now ? If anybody also knows something, please share it with us all and God bless you all.

kurd21

Oct 24, 2012
hey, congrats to all you guys that have gotten email for the passport request and finally gotten their visa, i'm very happy for you!! i was just wondering, i know each and every case is different. How many weeks does it take untill they say something after the application goes under " in process", not even the passport request, like to redo the medicals, or maybe asking for interview or more documents? cause it's been over 14 months since my wife went for the medicals, and do they ask most of you to redo the medicals or they just consider the old ones?

thanks, if anyone knows, please

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
mohammedm123 said:
mabroooooooooooooook sister,,, Im very happy for you I wish you all the best , and please keep us updated when u get ur visa back..
alf mabrook inshallah....I hope I can get my wife visa soon too, since my timeline is only one day difference between urs and mine.. can you tell us when your status changed to "in process"?

best wishes
Thank you everyone inshalla you are all next!

Mohamed thank you so much I hope you hear back very soon. It changed from december 12 so it has been exactly 2 months since it change to in process to the email being sent. I think it averages from 1-2 months after seeing in proicess you hear something.

Salhadin1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
AOR Received.
22-02-2012
File Transfer...
12-03-2012
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-03-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
None
LANDED..........
None
Can everyone who got their passports please update the chart...

It's really good to follow along whats going on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFam-xM_PHBdGdZRVA1Umg2WUVtMU80WG5wOURKekE#gid=0

Mabrook to those that got theirs, I will spend another Valentine's alone :(