+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

Isha92

Jul 12, 2020
Hi Guys
My application process was completed in March ... as I see panic and anxiety in current applicants, I wish to share my experience. I have gone through same levels of stress throughout the application which is why I stalked this forum for a long time to gain some insights from the experiences of others.
From what my file went through and from what others have shared, I figured out that the entire procedure is consistent for majority of applications at NDVO. My file was first moved to Mississauga and then to NDVO after 2 months. That move made me really sad because the time frame at which files are processed at Mississauga is way off from NDVO. Files processed at CPCM can expect PPR in 2-3 months while the ones at NDVO took much longer. They say less complicated files are dealt as CPCM just to share the file load at NDVO (I thought my file was pretty straightforward and it still it ended up at NDVO via CPCM)

So here is the basic scenario --- majority of files at NDVO are handled according to APP REC date Sydney ( some complicated pnes that need further evaluation, interiew, etc can be left behind).... so it doesnt matter whether your file went directly to NDVO or via CPCM it will be attended according to APP REC Sydney. Mine was much late transfer than the rest of my group and was still processed quickly, thus I received PPR with others who all belonged to same timeline. The date of file transfer does not make a big difference, may be someone can just receive a pre-arrival little early, but the final decision will be made according to APP REC. My pre arrival was latest one in my group .. and DM/PPR with all others. PPR is sent in batches. NDVO is quite popular for batch processing.
Things are delayed due to COVID 19, but I assume that the general procedure will stay the same. So pay attention to which month of APP REC your file belong to and expect some update in that group.
P.S. this is what I figured out for how majority of files were processed at NDVO.
GOOD LUCK ALL!!!
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on November 15, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you a letter on December 11, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
After that I have not received any update since then it shows application received?

Mannkaur2591

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Permanent Residence
  2. We sent you medical instructions on November 15, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you a letter on December 11, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
After that I have not received any update since then it shows application received?
[/QUOTE
Mine also same timeline... Just application received on 30sept, 2019... Rest is totally same as yours...

Mannkaur2591

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Permanent Residence
Mine also same timeline... Just application received on 30sept, 2019... Rest is totally same as yours...

Anshuu

Feb 3, 2020
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Ndvo
App. Filed.......
25-09-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
09-12-2019
Med's Done....
30-11-2019
Same status and same timeline

mm032019

Nov 13, 2019
Permanent Residence
Well .. yes, they have not started processing any of the October files. I think they are not even done with AUG SEPT guys. It's the COVID thats postponing everythin. APP REC will change back to IN PROCESS only when an officer starts working on your file.. till then its just sitting in the pile. APP REC simply means, they have accepted your file but the actual evaluation is still pending.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
December applicant here.
File transferred to NDVO in Feb.

Got my GCMS notes today

1) Application status reason says Inventory. What does that mean?

2) Eligibility, security not started. Criminality passed.
In a mail, I got as a reply to a webform, it said that Background verifications are in progress. What does that mean and how does it relate to the above or are they separate?

3) Medical says In Progress on the first page and sent in another. (Does this mean they sent us a letter for the medicals or that I sent the medicals to them? I just want to confirm because I had sent the medicals to them in February and it is still not updated.)

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
December applicant here.
File transferred to NDVO in Feb.

Got my GCMS notes today

1) Application status reason says Inventory. What does that mean? Still waiting for assignment to an officer

2) Eligibility, security not started. Criminality passed.
In a mail, I got as a reply to a webform, it said that Background verifications are in progress. What does that mean and how does it relate to the above or are they separate? - Eligibility and security check is the last to get updated. Once it is assigned to the officer you will see the progress on this.

3) Medical says In Progress on the first page and sent in another. (Does this mean they sent us a letter for the medicals or that I sent the medicals to them? I just want to confirm because I had sent the medicals to them in February and it is still not updated.)
- Medical is waiting to get checked and verified, once verified, the next will be Medical Passed. Just hang in there.

Reactions: sherin42

dnarana

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hi all
I have applied for my 2 year old PR in Jan 2020 due to the delay in processing we applied for TRP in May 2020 and got approval PPR on August 7 . Now my concern is VAC closed in India and where should i send his passport to ?

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Permanent Residence
Just a question, I am guessing you must have completed Biometrics already. But the status doesnt mention about Biometrics completion ?. It doesnt mention for me so just wondering if that is normal.

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022
AOR Received.
11-10-2019
File Transfer...
16-12-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2019
Med's Done....
20-11-2019
Interview........
02-03-2022
Passport Req..
22-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2022
LANDED..........
09-06-2022
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2019.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on November 27, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. We sent you a letter on November 27, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you a letter on December 16, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

PinkaSnow

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
We received my GCMS notes 2 days ago. When we compared it to the ones requested before the lockdown, the only difference between the two is the Security which was "Not started" is now "In progress"
The Notes state the following:
**RROC Review** Crim passed - I am satisfied that PA is not inadmissible to Canada. Criminality Decision passed.

Does anyone know what happens next? (Irrespective of the delays caused by Covid)

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hello everyone,
We received my GCMS notes 2 days ago. When we compared it to the ones requested before the lockdown, the only difference between the two is the Security which was "Not started" is now "In progress"
The Notes state the following:
**RROC Review** Crim passed - I am satisfied that PA is not inadmissible to Canada. Criminality Decision passed.

Does anyone know what happens next? (Irrespective of the delays caused by Covid)
Sounds good. What’s your timeline?