08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
Hello JJ0124,

to setup your timeline you have to login to the forum.
Then you have to click profile (Menu on top)
On the left site you will have a menu and you will see many options.
in the modify profile you have to click forum profile information.

Then you are free to make changes.

Good luck

JJ0124 said:
Hi my friends, can anyone teach me how to set up my timeline under my name on the left hand side of post. I tried, but without success. Thank you.

tofanikanudo

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-5-2013
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
J.J said:
Word on your passport yet ? I submitted my documents on same day as you June 3rd.
Hi JJ,

We have simillar timeline, I submitted updated documents on same day as you...no word yet for Passport request. Did you contact MP or anyone yet..how long will we have to wait...??

KashifM.

Oct 26, 2014
Maddants said:
check your email.....i emailed you
Hello:
My name is Dr. Asma Zia and I am a Canadian citizen. I sponsored my husband in April 2012, the year we got married in Pakistan after my studies. I have been residing in Pakistan since 2006 because of my studies and now that I am married and mother of two child(one is two and half year,2nd is 1 month only) who has also Canadian immigration and passport. I am looking forward to move back to Canada but along with my husband. On Oct 14, we received an email of refusal of my husband's application that is very distressing for my family and especially me. His medical exam was done in Nov 2012, the same year we sent a courier fulfilling all the requirements for address change. We did not receive any receipt for that. Nov 2013, our documents containing our wedding and honeymoon photographs and affidavits on our new address.
In the refusal email, few grounds are made subjecting the refusal; The foremost reason according to them are the two interview calls mail sent to us in March and June of this year. To our surprise we never received any mail on any of our home addresses.. In refusal letter, write clearly ,they are highly satisfied our marriage. This is very astonishing and depressing for me. I had file an appeal through lawyer and got a hearing at the Immigration Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) on November 9, 2016. It is a full day hearing. Does any one have experience in Appeal hearing ? Could you please share your experience with me. I do not what they will ask me? What question they will ask me and my husband and how long does it take? How many people will attend the IRB hearing
Thanks and regards.
Asma Zia

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
Hello, Guys!

It's nice to see you all around. I am quite new to this forum. I've just landed Canada last month. I applied only for myself but provided information of my spouse and only one son. Now I want to sponsor my spouse. As me, my spouse and son all did medical just on may/16, do I need to do medical again to submit it with the application? Experienced bro please reply.

KashifM.

Oct 26, 2014
Hello:
My name is Dr. Asma Zia and I am a Canadian citizen. I sponsored my husband in April 2012, the year we got married in Pakistan after my studies. I have been residing in Pakistan since 2006 because of my studies and now that I am married and mother of two child(one is two and half year,2nd is 1 month only) who has also Canadian immigration and passport. I am looking forward to move back to Canada but along with my husband. On Oct 14, we received an email of refusal of my husband's application that is very distressing for my family and especially me. His medical exam was done in Nov 2012, the same year we sent a courier fulfilling all the requirements for address change. We did not receive any receipt for that. Nov 2013, our documents containing our wedding and honeymoon photographs and affidavits on our new address.
In the refusal email, few grounds are made subjecting the refusal; The foremost reason according to them are the two interview calls mail sent to us in March and June of this year. To our surprise we never received any mail on any of our home addresses.. In refusal letter, write clearly ,they are highly satisfied our marriage. This is very astonishing and depressing for me. I had file an appeal through lawyer and got a hearing at the Immigration Appeal Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) on November 9, 2016. It is a full day hearing. Does any one have experience in Appeal hearing ? Could you please share your experience with me. I do not what they will ask me? What question they will ask me and my husband and how long does it take? How many people will attend the IRB hearing
Thanks and regards.
Asma Zia

flutra

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Hi, if I want to get the hole entire file from CIC, do I have to send the case requery an email or the lawyer has to require it??? I need the entire file from CIC since I am reapplying for the new sponsorship, i need some stuff back for example FBI certificate, income taxes, viber history We did not make any copies for ourselves!! Please help!! Thank you

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
tofanikanudo said:
Hi JJ,

We have simillar timeline, I submitted updated documents on same day as you...no word yet for Passport request. Did you contact MP or anyone yet..how long will we have to wait...??
Wait game is still on....
Some are getting much faster responses but for some reason it's taking time for us.
What's your IAD decision date ?

tofanikanudo

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-5-2013
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
J.J said:
Wait game is still on....
Some are getting much faster responses but for some reason it's taking time for us.
What's your IAD decision date ?
April 10, 2016..do u consult anybody how long will it take to get PPR

MidDawn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
I just received my passport with visa on it and CoPR....i am overwhelmed and feel like I'm over the moon, literally. Thank you. :) ;) :D

To God be the Glory alone.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
KashifM. said:
Hello:
Thanks and regards.
Asma Zia
If you have hired a lawyer, he/she should be answering these questions, as well as helping you prepare for the hearing. Your lawyer is most familiar with the details of your case, and would be in the best position to anticipate what kind of questions they would ask in your circumstance. I doubt they have a standard set of questions that they ask everyone; every case is different.

They should have sent out the interview notice by email as well, as postal mail is unreliable. Since you received your refusal notice by email, I assume the email address on file is correct. Check back to the months in question and see if you somehow missed them. I think the email is sent about two months in advance. Since you had not responded to two such requests, it would be natural to assume that you had abandoned your application. Actually I'm surprised that the even gave you a second chance.

From my (emailed) interview notice: "NOTE: If you are unable to keep the above appointment, you must inform us immediately. If you do not attend your interview and if we do not hear from you your application may be refused for failure to comply with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Refused in June 2016, and you already have a hearing date scheduled? Consider yourself lucky; most people have to wait years for a hearing date.

Good luck.

tofanikanudo

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-5-2013
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
MidDawn said:
I just received my passport with visa on it and CoPR....i am overwhelmed and feel like I'm over the moon, literally. Thank you. :) ;) :D

To God be the Glory alone.
Congrats dude.. I am still waiting

MidDawn

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
tofanikanudo said:
Congrats dude.. I am still waiting
Thanks tofanikanudo, you're next for sure. You will have your PPR anytime soon. Don't lose hope. Keep the faith.

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
tofanikanudo said:
April 10, 2016..do u consult anybody how long will it take to get PPR
I have a lawyer who tells me that for applicants who has answered 'yes' to any of those questions on background information form, then file goes to comprehensive processing. so in my case I know that back ground check will take little longer than normal processing.
For others I have seen that it takes about 4-6 months after decision date.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
flutra said:
Hi, if I want to get the hole entire file from CIC, do I have to send the case requery an email or the lawyer has to require it??? I need the entire file from CIC since I am reapplying for the new sponsorship, i need some stuff back for example FBI certificate, income taxes, viber history We did not make any copies for ourselves!! Please help!! Thank you
The package should still be at the Visa Office, so you can try contacting them with your file number.

I think it is normal practice for the Visa Officer to return the original documents to you after the interview. In our case, a lot of the original documents, like receipts and boarding passes, had faded over time and had become illegible. Your FBI certificate is good for only 3 months, I think, and will have to be redone anyways. For income taxes, they'll want more current information. Is viber like skype? If so, would you be able to re-download you chat logs?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
wait_so_long said:
If you have hired a lawyer, he/she should be answering these questions, as well as helping you prepare for the hearing. Your lawyer is most familiar with the details of your case, and would be in the best position to anticipate what kind of questions they would ask in your circumstance. I doubt they have a standard set of questions that they ask everyone; every case is different.

They should have sent out the interview notice by email as well, as postal mail is unreliable. Since you received your refusal notice by email, I assume the email address on file is correct. Check back to the months in question and see if you somehow missed them. I think the email is sent about two months in advance. Since you had not responded to two such requests, it would be natural to assume that you had abandoned your application. Actually I'm surprised that the even gave you a second chance.

From my (emailed) interview notice: "NOTE: If you are unable to keep the above appointment, you must inform us immediately. If you do not attend your interview and if we do not hear from you your application may be refused for failure to comply with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Refused in June 2016, and you already have a hearing date scheduled? Consider yourself lucky; most people have to wait years for a hearing date.

Good luck.
I read it to mean they were refused Oct 14. To get an appeal hearing not even a month later...is unheard of. Is this correct? You appear to be in Manitoba? So you are going through Vancouver. Something doesn't seem right here. Whether its less than a month or five months. People are waiting close to a year or two. Be more specific please.