Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
MelanieOn2013 said:
Hello everyone,
I looking to find out who I contact here in Ontario to start the appeal process. My husband just had his interview in New Delhi which lasted 2 hours only to have the woman tell him she is denying it due to the differences in our age and she does not believe that my husband loves me. This is a completely a case of discrimination!!! If I were a man who was older than his wife the age factor would not even be a factor. She further went on to say that she lives in Delhi and has not had any problems adjusting. Well good for her, I tried living there for 5 months dropped down to 116lbs, my hair was falling out in clumps and was violently ill every day near the end of my stay. Had I adjusted I would be living there with my husband who I have been married to for 2 years come Dec 14,2013 and been dating since 2008. We had a Hindu Wedding but when we went to apply through the Hindu Marriage Act the court there said they would have to put my conversion up in Court since I didn't go there like a local to tell them I was converting!!?? I'm Canadian I can convert to whatever religion I find in my heart I wish to follow. I was so sick that I had to return home. My husband then tried applying twice for a travel visa to visit me in Canada but because at this point by Canadian Law we were not legally married he put single which he was told by the visa advisory he went to both times he was denied. Once my health was better I return back to India in July of 2012 to apply for the Special Marriage Act which they than back dated to Dec 14, 2011 of our Wedding. We went on our Honeymoon to Maldives but during my 2 week stay I once again got violently ill and started the whole vomiting and diarrhea again. It was only after seeing how much I suffered health wise that my husband said he would come to Canada and after we sent months gathering all the chat logs, emails and legal papers we started the spousal process back in Oct 2012. Yes I'm older, yes he's from India but how can you possibly say we don't love each other because of these factors!! Needless to say we are APPEALING the decision and I would also like to know who to contact about this woman's clearly discriminator behavior, she could adapt so that means everyone else can!!?? Really, this is the attitude of the people they are hiring?? If I could of adjusted I'd be there with my husband and we would be preparing to celebrate our 2 year Anniversary. I am just so disgusted right now words can't even describe it. Anyone that can direct me to where I need to go and who to contact would be greatly appreciated I just got his call at 3am and have been trying to Goolge for information for the past hour and a half.
Wow!!!

I'm in the same situation and all what happened to you about the Illness happened to me and still happens at times.

I'm from Canada and currently in Pakistan in Peshawar. We are going on 4 years married and our process is still not done yet. But I will tell you first of all about the water

DON'T DRINK ANY WATER !!!!!

Wash all the food buy a Brita bring it and boil the water for 7 minutes let it pass through a Brita and wash the vegetables with that water and put it in the fridge. I can Imagine how you must be feeling and I pray all goes well for you and your husband soon In Sha Allah... Feel free to send personal message if you care to ok and take care!!

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
micmac101 said:
Wow!!!

I'm in the same situation and all what happened to you about the Illness happened to me and still happens at times.

I'm from Canada and currently in Pakistan in Peshawar. We are going on 4 years married and our process is still not done yet. But I will tell you first of all about the water

DON'T DRINK ANY WATER !!!!!

Wash all the food buy a Brita bring it and boil the water for 7 minutes let it pass through a Brita and wash the vegetables with that water and put it in the fridge. I can Imagine how you must be feeling and I pray all goes well for you and your husband soon In Sha Allah... Feel free to send personal message if you care to ok and take care!!
AMEN to the dont drink the water......... happened to me when I went to visit my husband in Egypt....... their water systems are not easy on our Canadian tummies :'(

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
freeislam000 said:
AMEN to the dont drink the water......... happened to me when I went to visit my husband in Egypt....... their water systems are not easy on our Canadian tummies :'(
So true and they drink the water with to trouble I guess you could call us Candy A**!!! LOL

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
@MelanieOn2013

so Sad to know about your case, I can understand what you are going through .. we all been in same situation once...

I would suggest you hire a good lawyer .. not consulatant .. specially some deshi idiot consultant .. I had one when i file for my wife and learn the lesson ...

About process .. you will receive the refusal letter in month time .. then you have month time to appeal you case ... you are looking for good one year time if you get the ADR or if its full hearing then it will be 2 years or more ..

stay the faith in god and go further ..

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
MelanieOn2013 said:
Hello everyone,
I looking to find out who I contact here in Ontario to start the appeal process. My husband just had his interview in New Delhi which lasted 2 hours only to have the woman tell him she is denying it due to the differences in our age and she does not believe that my husband loves me. This is a completely a case of discrimination!!! If I were a man who was older than his wife the age factor would not even be a factor. She further went on to say that she lives in Delhi and has not had any problems adjusting. Well good for her, I tried living there for 5 months dropped down to 116lbs, my hair was falling out in clumps and was violently ill every day near the end of my stay. Had I adjusted I would be living there with my husband who I have been married to for 2 years come Dec 14,2013 and been dating since 2008. We had a Hindu Wedding but when we went to apply through the Hindu Marriage Act the court there said they would have to put my conversion up in Court since I didn't go there like a local to tell them I was converting!!?? I'm Canadian I can convert to whatever religion I find in my heart I wish to follow. I was so sick that I had to return home. My husband then tried applying twice for a travel visa to visit me in Canada but because at this point by Canadian Law we were not legally married he put single which he was told by the visa advisory he went to both times he was denied. Once my health was better I return back to India in July of 2012 to apply for the Special Marriage Act which they than back dated to Dec 14, 2011 of our Wedding. We went on our Honeymoon to Maldives but during my 2 week stay I once again got violently ill and started the whole vomiting and diarrhea again. It was only after seeing how much I suffered health wise that my husband said he would come to Canada and after we sent months gathering all the chat logs, emails and legal papers we started the spousal process back in Oct 2012. Yes I'm older, yes he's from India but how can you possibly say we don't love each other because of these factors!! Needless to say we are APPEALING the decision and I would also like to know who to contact about this woman's clearly discriminator behavior, she could adapt so that means everyone else can!!?? Really, this is the attitude of the people they are hiring?? If I could of adjusted I'd be there with my husband and we would be preparing to celebrate our 2 year Anniversary. I am just so disgusted right now words can't even describe it. Anyone that can direct me to where I need to go and who to contact would be greatly appreciated I just got his call at 3am and have been trying to Goolge for information for the past hour and a half.
[/quote

Sorry about this bad news and i can feel your pain as we are all going though this immigration hell. For what do do next i think you can try this it may work or it may not work by writing a letter to the program manager asking them to reconsider the file because the reason for refusing you husband was discrimination or you will take the case to federal court of Canada. My friend's lawyer had done that to scare them and they did review the file gave his spouse a second interview and eventually approve them

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
MelanieOn2013 said:
Hello everyone,
I am sorry for you and yours...If you tell me where you are from I can tell you where to submit your notice of appeal...Google IAD Notice of Appeal form and it should be a two pages...I have a printout of the points of contact for the IAD

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
MelanieOn2013 said:
Hello everyone,
Here are a list of Contact points for IAD

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/ImmApp/Pages/ImmAppContact.aspx

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
I am trying to call these basted (IAD) from two days .. they are transffering the call to each other .. then next one is saying .. i will call you back ...

These mother fucker don't understand .. what we are going though ..

harryiswaiting

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi/ Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2012
Doc's Request.
Ottawa 01/2014
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
23/07/2012
Med's Done....
13/03/2012
Interview........
28/01/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 29/01/2013, Appeal won Nov, 2013
LANDED..........
HarryisSTILLwaiting.
MelanieOn2013 said:
Hello everyone,
Hi Melanie, I'm really sorry to hear the rough time you're going through. It's really devastating when you are refused. Similarly, we were rejected back in January because of an incredibly racist and ignorant VO. The interview was utterly useless as he constantly interrupted my husband and was incredibly rude. One of his excuses for saying we were not a genuine couple is because I'm 3 years older, if you can believe it.

Anyhow, all is not lost, with a lot of patience, you can pull through this. As you may have saw, we just won our ADR!

Basically, there are two routes an appeal can follow: Alternative Dispute Resolution, or a full hearing. I am not too sure on the wait times in the Toronto office, but having an ADR is significantly shorter. This basically is a 1 hour, informal session with an ADR Officer who acts more like a mediator between you and CIC. Alternatively, a full-hearing is more like a court session which can last an entire day. More information on these can be found on the IRB website.

-Your first step is to file your appeal. This form can be found on the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) website. Do this quickly as you only have 30 days after the refusal.
-Also apply for GCMS to find out exactly what the VO wrote. Instructions for this can be found on this forum.
-Secondly, find a good lawyer. They can direct you and answer any questions you may have for your case specifically or the general process. They can really help you navigate the system and guide you on the best way to approach your appeal. It may be expensive, but consider it an investment towards your and your husband's future.
-Thirdly, as your lawyer will guide you, start gathering more documentation that may disprove what the VO's conclusions were and also to prove your relationship has developed since the refusal.
-In the mean time, within 4 months of filing your appeal, CIC is obligated to send your hard copy file record. Don't be alarmed if they do not include a lot of documents. Apparently this is normal. You will just need to re-submit them.
-Fourth, your lawyer will draft a letter requesting an ADR to the IRB, and will include your new documents to back this up (called disclosure documents).
-Fifth- Wait.

Best of luck to you! Stay positive and keep visiting each other, if possible, to have something to look forward to.
What is your age difference and other reasons for denying you?

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
micmac101 said:
So true and they drink the water with to trouble I guess you could call us Candy A**!!! LOL
lol.... I like to think I am just delicate :p

foome

Nov 17, 2013
ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

can u tell me why these people refuse urs application????????????????????????

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
Hi All,

Hope some people from New Delhi 2012/13 threads know me n my case.. To brief you our case was rejected coz acc to them they did not receive the additional docs requested after the interview In Time (60 days were given to submit add docs).. Though the docs reached well IN TIME but thanks to our VOs!! However after appealing (ADR) with God's grace they decided to re-open the case as the V.O accepted to have received the required docs after rejecting our case & So decided to resume our application.. N now we had received re-medical & re-PCC as the old ones had expired.

So now we have submitted the re-medical & re-PCC 2 months ago along with few Forms (updated addresses, background declaration, family history, so n so forth) they have asked to resubmit!!

P.S the e-cas status is returned to Application Received from DM as they resumed the process!!

Need your suggestions when can We expect our PP back with Visa??

Thanks!!

License2cry

Nov 23, 2013
cal2can said:
Hi All,

Hope some people from New Delhi 2012/13 threads know me n my case.. To brief you our case was rejected coz acc to them they did not receive the additional docs requested after the interview In Time (60 days were given to submit add docs).. Though the docs reached well IN TIME but thanks to our VOs!! However after appealing (ADR) with God's grace they decided to re-open the case as the V.O accepted to have received the required docs after rejecting our case & So decided to resume our application.. N now we had received re-medical & re-PCC as the old ones had expired.

So now we have submitted the re-medical & re-PCC 2 months ago along with few Forms (updated addresses, background declaration, family history, so n so forth) they have asked to resubmit!!

P.S the e-cas status is returned to Application Received from DM as they resumed the process!!

Need your suggestions when can We expect our PP back with Visa??

Thanks!!
Congrats on winning your appeal......can you tell me how long it took for your appeal to go thru

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
License2cry said:
Congrats on winning your appeal......can you tell me how long it took for your appeal to go thru
Thanks!! Dear it wasn't kinda proper appeal as they had accepted the receipt of the additional docs (which was the cause of rejection) which were enough to clear their doubts which they had after the interview.. However it took around 4 months for the ADR!!

License2cry

Nov 23, 2013
cal2can said:
Thanks!! Dear it wasn't kinda proper appeal as they had accepted the receipt of the additional docs (which was the cause of rejection) which were enough to clear their doubts which they had after the interview.. However it took around 4 months for the ADR!!
thank you......we just started our appeal from getting denied.. they say from lack of evidence that our relationship is not genuine......So i hope that it will go tru very quickly but i hear that the toronto IAD office take alot of time