Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Hi All,

I would like to ask you guys the reasons why a PR can be refused for a spouse?

gagan88

Apr 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my visa fo canada got refused only because y sponsor did not stay in canada after the approval........visa offic say that he should stay until the decision is made.
please help what to do???
my pouse receicved the appeal letter...
please someone advice shall i reapply or appeal......which will be better or which will take less time

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habibti said:
WOW! Great news! Keep us posted on the date of the ADR, ok?
ok, i will. I will call them again on Friday, to see if i got a date yet.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Member88 said:
Hi Habibti,

I am in Toronto, and today we got the refusal letter for my husband in Rabat, we both so upset and don't know how we are going to wait another year “maybe more”, we have applied on October 2011, and now we have go through the appeal process, it is so unfair that one person decide the fate of a family just like that........... do you have any advice for me pleassse since you went thorough the same circumstances
Hi Member 88! I am very sorry you got the refusal letter. I can imagine and feel your pain! I went through all that! You feel like your life is over. Believe me... it is not over! I went through a roller-coaster of emotions for 6 weeks. The hardest part was that my husband was in so much pain that he pulled away from me for a few weeks and sometimes 4 or 5 days over a period of 4 months. We got the refusal letter on November 14 and on our first wedding anniversary (December 24) we got the CAIPS notes. Tell me... what are the reasons of the refusal?

I agree with you, totally! It is unfair that someone decides the fate of your life together! How can they read in people's mind or heart? How can they destroy what we have built and hoped for so long? A marriage is a sacred thing between God and your spouse. I hate it when someone interferes.

After a couple of months in deep pain, I snapped out of it. It is important you "live" the grief, the sadness and the anger. Don't keep it inside. Talk to someone or write. Order your notes and find a very good immigration consultant. The appeal process is a bit complex and stressful. You need someone to guide you through it. Someone who knows how to write the report for appeal and someone articulate enough who knows what to say and not what to say. Someone knowledgeable enough to know what are the best moves in your approach.

You will live the pain, acute pain for some time. Try to rest as much as possible. After you feel your strength coming back, have a plan of action. Like I told you order your notes and see what went wrong during the process. Do you have the possibility to visit your husband again so you can have enough evidences for the appeal? The last time I saw my husband was August 5. I am going to Morocco end of June and will stay there until the first week of September. We are going to take lots of pictures. One year away from my husband is cruel. To survive mentally and emotionally, I worked a lot and I set a goal for each month so I don't feel the weight of time and distance on me. Believe me... it goes fast!!! Still 69 days and I will be with my husband. I cannot believe how fast it went! But you have to keep busy and set some goals. Otherwise you will go crazy.

I am there for you if you need a "listening ear" or if you have anymore questions. I wrote often on this forum to express my pain. It helped as many people here encourage you and know what you are going through.

Reactions: Alicee

preetb

Jun 14, 2011
gagan88 said:
my visa fo canada got refused only because y sponsor did not stay in canada after the approval........visa offic say that he should stay until the decision is made.
please help what to do???
my pouse receicved the appeal letter...
please someone advice shall i reapply or appeal......which will be better or which will take less time

Hi Gagan008. I went thru the same process. My case got rejected in sep 2011 and got the appeal letter in oct 24th 2011. I appealed the same day. I got letter from the court the next next day saying that my appeal has been accepted. In Jan 2012 got ADR date for end of march to appear in court for the appeal and I won the appeal. Having a really good immigration lawyer def helps. And trust me its better if u appeal rather than re applying. Atleast, this was my experience.

Member88

Apr 17, 2012
Habibti said:
Hi Member 88! I am very sorry you got the refusal letter. I can imagine and feel your pain! I went through all that! You feel like your life is over. Believe me... it is not over! I went through a roller-coaster of emotions for 6 weeks. The hardest part was that my husband was in so much pain that he pulled away from me for a few weeks and sometimes 4 or 5 days over a period of 4 months. We got the refusal letter on November 14 and on our first wedding anniversary (December 24) we got the CAIPS notes. Tell me... what are the reasons of the refusal?

I agree with you, totally! It is unfair that someone decides the fate of your life together! How can they read in people's mind or heart? How can they destroy what we have built and hoped for so long? A marriage is a sacred thing between God and your spouse. I hate it when someone interferes.

After a couple of months in deep pain, I snapped out of it. It is important you "live" the grief, the sadness and the anger. Don't keep it inside. Talk to someone or write. Order your notes and find a very good immigration consultant. The appeal process is a bit complex and stressful. You need someone to guide you through it. Someone who knows how to write the report for appeal and someone articulate enough who knows what to say and not what to say. Someone knowledgeable enough to know what are the best moves in your approach.

You will live the pain, acute pain for some time. Try to rest as much as possible. After you feel your strength coming back, have a plan of action. Like I told you order your notes and see what went wrong during the process. Do you have the possibility to visit your husband again so you can have enough evidences for the appeal? The last time I saw my husband was August 5. I am going to Morocco end of June and will stay there until the first week of September. We are going to take lots of pictures. One year away from my husband is cruel. To survive mentally and emotionally, I worked a lot and I set a goal for each month so I don't feel the weight of time and distance on me. Believe me... it goes fast!!! Still 69 days and I will be with my husband. I cannot believe how fast it went! But you have to keep busy and set some goals. Otherwise you will go crazy.

I am there for you if you need a "listening ear" or if you have anymore questions. I wrote often on this forum to express my pain. It helped as many people here encourage you and know what you are going through.
Habibti said:

Thank you very much Habibti for the reply and support that was very sweet of you; You were asking me about the refusal reason, simply the interviewer officer believed it is not a genuine marriage because he did not know a lot of info about my family and he does not have a stable job in Morocco, this is what she wrote in the refusal letter, maybe there are some other reasons that she did not mention in the letter “God knows”.
Habibti I wanted to ask you about how I can order the note, and which note do you mean! I just went today to the office to drop off the Notice of Appeal and I asked about how to order the note, the lady there has no idea about the “note” but for CAIPS she said the office will order it from the embassy in Morocco and send me a copy of it and this will take 120 days to get them.
Please guide me through this, I don’t have any Lawyer or consultant yet as I am trying to find a good one and that is by itself a very hard task and a lot of money too.
This is very frustrating and I feel completely crashed, but it is very helpful to talk to people who have the same problem and going through this miserable process, I feel so sorry for any one who is going through this, God help us all, Insha’Allah.

Member88

Apr 17, 2012
Hi all,

I would like to ask you all if any one knows a good immigration lawyer or consultant in Toronto please?

Many thanks

Member88

Apr 17, 2012
Hi all,

I would like to ask you all if any one knows a good immigration lawyer or consultant in Toronto?

Many thanks

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Yes, you will receive the complete file from the visa office in 3 months. The notes are in there. My immigration consultant ordered them for us right after we got the refusal letter. Yes, it is a lot of money to hire an immigration consultant or a lawyer, but it is worth it. Your whole life, your marriage, your future are on the front line and these are priceless.

I am upset right now... I am shaking. Just got an email from my immigration lawyer. I did not get streamed to ADR. I got streamed to full hearing and it will be June 21st... just 6 days before I leave for Morocco !!!!!!!!!! I am stunned!

Member88

Apr 17, 2012
Oh Habibti, I am so sorry to hear that, my hart goes with you, don't know what to say, have you ever thought about re-applying, I heard it is easier than full hearing. I will pray for you, God said “pray for me and I will answer”. I hope you win the case and enjoy your trip.......
I will try to find a good lawyer too, I have asked in the forum if any body knows a good lawyer in Toronto.
Keep me posted please.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Member88 said:
Oh Habibti, I am so sorry to hear that, my hart goes with you, don't know what to say, have you ever thought about re-applying, I heard it is easier than full hearing. I will pray for you, God said “pray for me and I will answer”. I hope you win the case and enjoy your trip.......
I will try to find a good lawyer too, I have asked in the forum if any body knows a good lawyer in Toronto.
Keep me posted please.
No, it will be too long to re-apply. We lost enough time as it is. But in the other hand, a full hearing is like re-applying. The judge hears the case as "de novo". It was explained to me it is like redoing the whole application and presenting it to the court with all the evidences and supportive documents. My immigration consultant told me that our application was poorly done. It could have been done more thoroughly. She has prepared lots and lots of applications for spouses and she said that our application was 1/3 of what she normally sees. So maybe it was the same case for you. I am highly anxious as I don't know if this is a good decision to book a flight for Morocco if we are going to lose... :( I don't know anymore where we are heading!!!

preetb

Jun 14, 2011
hi member88. Mendel Green is one of the best immigration lawyers in toronto. google him and he should come up right away.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
Member88 said:
I hope your hearing goes well and win the case than you go there to celebrate
Thank you so much for your good wishes! Have you seen that thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco-t4646.0.html;msg1411792#msg1411792

It is a thread for all the Canadians who have a spouse in Morocco. Some of them have received a refusal letter. One of them, her username is vjamal and she lives in Toronto, won her ADR in December 2011. You can ask her the name of her lawyer. It will be useful for you to join that thread.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey guys need ur help? i called the iad office and the lady told me that as of march 26 my file has been forwarded to the office to set a date for a full hearing how long you guys think it will take them to set a date?