+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

urooj.fatima

Jul 27, 2015
Hello,
i am currently living in Beijing with my husband and i am canadian citizen. I just recently got married and i would like to sponsor my husband to canada on a family tourist visa. He is on a study visa in China. I am just wondering if you could help me with the following questions?
1: do i need to write him an invitation letter?
2: i don't have a home of my own in canada, i used to live with my parents. Can i say that he will live with me at my parents' house? or does he need a letter of confirmation from my parents as well?
3: can i apply for him from china or i need to go back to canada and apply for his visa?

Nazim_Ahmed

Jul 29, 2015
Asalam o Alikum,

I am going to collect my passport along with my wife and 2 kids for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) from VFS - Al-Khobar today. I submitted on 28th June and got email from VFS yesterday 29th July 2015. it didnt took very long as it seems. Actully 2-5 July was holiday for canada and then Eid-ul-fitar holidays so actullay it took about 16 Working days to process my passports.

Yes i am not sure that Visa is stamped or not but i will post here about my experince and documents i submitted if got visa.. as i will collect it today!! :D

Visa application, tracking ID No.******************** – Your processed passport is ready for collection at the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

sadia01

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
Doc's Request.
07-09-2015 csq and re med
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
26-02-2015
Med's Done....
1st: 06-11-2014 2nd: 29-09-2015
Interview........
DM: 10-11-2015
Nazim_Ahmed said:
Asalam o Alikum,

I am going to collect my passport along with my wife and 2 kids for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) from VFS - Al-Khobar today. I submitted on 28th June and got email from VFS yesterday 29th July 2015. it didnt took very long as it seems. Actully 2-5 July was holiday for canada and then Eid-ul-fitar holidays so actullay it took about 16 Working days to process my passports.

Yes i am not sure that Visa is stamped or not but i will post here about my experince and documents i submitted if got visa.. as i will collect it today!! :D

Insha Allah I hope your wife and children got the visa approved.
Visa application, tracking ID No.******************** – Your processed passport is ready for collection at the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
Walaikum asalam
My husband applied on 28 june as well in islamabad and we havent heard anything from them yet :(

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Salam,

Could you please elaborate a bit further which documents did you submit along your application? my mom and sis are planning to visit me but somebody told them to submit extra documents which were not even listed on the website of TRV.

Asalam o Alikum,

[/quote]

bushy

Jul 31, 2015
Hi,
I applied for a visit visa online, i keep getting email notifications that my application has updated information and to log in to my CIC account to check messages or status, however when i log in there is no change or updating or message. am i doing something wrong, what does it mean?
i have submitted my biometrics and photograph since i received the letter on my CIC account.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
bushy said:
Hi,
I applied for a visit visa online, i keep getting email notifications that my application has updated information and to log in to my CIC account to check messages or status, however when i log in there is no change or updating or message. am i doing something wrong, what does it mean?
i have submitted my biometrics and photograph since i received the letter on my CIC account.
DO not worry, there are some glitches in online system or some times CIC open application and works on it. You will going to get an email "new message in mycic" that will be the real update on your case for you.

Yamama

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
I have 2 questions to ask,
1. If i have a valid work permit can i leave canada to visit pakistan and come back or i will have to apply again for a visa to enter into this country??
2. Can i apply for my Work permit extension as well as PR application through express entry simultaneously ??

Please let me know , thank you all in advance

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Yamama said:
Hello All,
I have 2 questions to ask,
1. If i have a valid work permit can i leave canada to visit pakistan and come back or i will have to apply again for a visa to enter into this country??
[red]Yes, as long as you have valid visa stamp in passport you can visit Pakistan make sure you come back within the the validity of your visa. I also went to Pakistan for 6 weeks while I was on work permit. I asked my employer to give me job letter and also mention that I am going on vacations and will be back by XXXX.[/red]
2. Can i apply for my Work permit extension as well as PR application through express entry simultaneously ??
[red] Yes, as long as your applications are not in same stream you can apply as many applications you want. Each application is unique and process with their requirement and timings. [/red]

Please let me know , thank you all in advance
please see my reply in red. Hope this helps...

Yamama

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alijumani said:
please see my reply in red. Hope this helps...
Thanx ... AliJumani It help me alot

regards..

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
bushy said:
Hi,
HI bushy,

Dont worry, this is some bug on the online application system. I have also faced this experience during my online application process. So wait for passport request

visionquest

Jul 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2011
Passport Req..
March 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 16, 2012
I dont see many updates lately. I promise to update when I hear back on my inlaws supervisa application.

Guys, please let's help each other out.

My inlaws applied on June 30th. So far they were requested to get a medical even though they did their medical upfront.

mohdali4

May 26, 2014
Assalam u Alikum

I am a Canadian Citizen and would like to apply for the Visitor VISA for my mother from the Canadian Embassy in Islamabad.
I read the requirement for TRV on Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. I have few questions.

I read somewhere in a forum that I should attached my mother's house/Apartment documents with the application.
My mother is not owing any house/Apartment and live with my younger brother. My younger brother is also planning to immigrate to
Canada. He got accepted under Canada Immigration Program. He will land in Canada early next year and will stay
in Canada for 2 or 3 months.

I also go through the TRV application where they ask for the work history for my mother. As you know in our country most
of the women stay at home.

In short I don't have any clue how I will convince the Visa officer that my mother will be back to Pakistan before her Visa will be expire.

My other question is regarding the job letter. I am doing cash job so the chances are minimum to get the job letter from my
employer. My wife is working, is there anyway if I can mentioned her name in the invitation letter and attach her job
letter with the application to make my case more stronger. THanks in Advance.

Regards
Ali

DAC

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohdali4 said:
Assalam u Alikum

I am a Canadian Citizen and would like to apply for the Visitor VISA for my mother from the Canadian Embassy in Islamabad.
I read the requirement for TRV on Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. I have few questions.

I read somewhere in a forum that I should attached my mother's house/Apartment documents with the application.
My mother is not owing any house/Apartment and live with my younger brother. My younger brother is also planning to immigrate to
Canada. He got accepted under Canada Immigration Program. He will land in Canada early next year and will stay
in Canada for 2 or 3 months.

I also go through the TRV application where they ask for the work history for my mother. As you know in our country most
of the women stay at home.

In short I don't have any clue how I will convince the Visa officer that my mother will be back to Pakistan before her Visa will be expire.

My other question is regarding the job letter. I am doing cash job so the chances are minimum to get the job letter from my
employer. My wife is working, is there anyway if I can mentioned her name in the invitation letter and attach her job
letter with the application to make my case more stronger. THanks in Advance.

Regards
Ali
Wslam,

I think there shouldn’t be any issues if you write that your mother is a “house-wife” and she doesn’t have any work history. Visa officers know very well our family/social system. Moreover, you could write her home/mailing address as your brothers as he’s still there. Prove with docs if she has any property or leases on her name that she may be taking care of. You may also want to include an affidavit stating that she’ll return back to Pak and wouldn’t over-stay.

You both husband and wife can invite her together and mention this in invitation letter. However, if financial support for her is to be provided during her stay, it will be you who will be providing evidence that you have sufficient funds available.

Seniors please correct if I am wrong anywhere. Best of luck.