+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

DAC

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Since my parents already have a multiple-entry TRV, my brother (single) wants to apply for TRV to attend his cousin’s wedding. My brother has two refusals from study permit; both before mid 2014. Here are the major things he’s planning to include this time:

• Personal bank statement
• Air itinerary for 8-10 days
• Invitation card and letter written by cousin
• Job and leave letter
• Enrollment in Masters

Note that he didn’t have job and enrollment in Masters when he applied for his previous study permit applications. Here are some questions in mind,

1. Who should accompany my brother in application (mother, father or both)? so that it makes more sense that he’ll ‘return back to his home country’.
2. Since he previously failed to prove his ‘purpose of visit’, now what additional documents can show that he’s only coming to attend the wedding ceremony?

I would appreciate your suggestions and help. Thanks in advance.

DRKHADIJAHARIS

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
March 5 2015
File Transfer...
April 24 2015
bushy said:
Hi,
I applied for a visit visa online, i keep getting email notifications that my application has updated information and to log in to my CIC account to check messages or status, however when i log in there is no change or updating or message. am i doing something wrong, what does it mean?
i have submitted my biometrics and photograph since i received the letter on my CIC account.
Hi I am a Pakistani living in Saudi Arabia married to Canadian Permanent resident.
I want to apply for visit visa to meet my husband.I want to apply online but don't have any MYCIC account.Can my husband(who has MYCIC account) apply for me???
if yes what would he mention himself as a principal applicant or spouse???
can u plz share your experience with me?

umar623

Aug 21, 2015
Hi folks,

I am from Lahore, Pakistan. Single. 32 years old. Recently got my USA non-immigrant multiple entry visa (valid till 2020)
Planning to visit New York City in a couple of weeks to see my sister. Never traveled anywhere in the world before.
Employed with monthly salary about PKR 50K/ month (however, no major savings). Pay stubs and employment letter can be sought from employer though (working with the same employer for 2 years, 8 months now).
Planning to visit my friend in Toronto for about 2 weeks during my visit to New York (through Greyhound bus services to save on my airfare)
I don't have any blood relatives in Canada. My friend, Canadian citizen, is ready to send an invitation letter.
Since I'll be staying with my friend during my stay, I don't need a significant sum of money to spend during my stay. Secondly, my bank statement of last 4 months does not indicate any huge savings/ funds. Will employment letter and pay stubs with mentioned amount (50K/ month) support my case?
No property/ business in my name either.
Any suggestions for alternative proof of financial support apart from bank statement, considering I don't have much to show in my bank statement? Similarly, any supporting documents to convince visa officer that I'll return after intended visit period? Can I send copies of my return ticket for NY to convince that I plan to return. Would it make sense?

Considering the situation, could you please suggest if I should apply for visa? What are the chances of approval? And if yes: Should I apply for visa while in US or from Pakistan. Even though document checklist remains the same.

Please suggest.

hammadtaj

Jul 21, 2015
Hello,

I am applying for Canada visit visa from Karachi and its a paper based application.

What is the procedure to pay the visa fees and submission of the application?

Thanks in advance

Hammad taj

angel123456

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Hammad,

Refer to your 1st post

As far as i know if you will go by your entire family, Visa officer wont be convinced that you will come back to your country, As far as i know i have seen this case within my relatives and they applied with entire family first and they got rejection but when they applied only wife and husband, they got the visa because Visa officer can think that you will return back to your country for your baby so the chances of the couple to stay outside without their baby is less. So they can then issue your visa.
Si my suggestion would be apply for TRV with ur wife only

hammadtaj

Jul 21, 2015
Thanks angel,

My father is not going now and only me , my wife , baby and mom are applying for the visa.

I know if we have left the baby it would have a much better chance of getting the visa but have to take the baby as well.

Its my bro convocation and my mom cant go alone so i am applying with her.

Though all of the documents are already prepared and now we can hope for the best only :)

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
umar623 said:
Hi folks,

I am from Lahore, Pakistan. Single. 32 years old. Recently got my USA non-immigrant multiple entry visa (valid till 2020)
Planning to visit New York City in a couple of weeks to see my sister. Never traveled anywhere in the world before.
Employed with monthly salary about PKR 50K/ month (however, no major savings). Pay stubs and employment letter can be sought from employer though (working with the same employer for 2 years, 8 months now).
Planning to visit my friend in Toronto for about 2 weeks during my visit to New York (through Greyhound bus services to save on my airfare)
I don't have any blood relatives in Canada. My friend, Canadian citizen, is ready to send an invitation letter.
Since I'll be staying with my friend during my stay, I don't need a significant sum of money to spend during my stay. Secondly, my bank statement of last 4 months does not indicate any huge savings/ funds. Will employment letter and pay stubs with mentioned amount (50K/ month) support my case?
No property/ business in my name either.
Any suggestions for alternative proof of financial support apart from bank statement, considering I don't have much to show in my bank statement? Similarly, any supporting documents to convince visa officer that I'll return after intended visit period? Can I send copies of my return ticket for NY to convince that I plan to return. Would it make sense?

Considering the situation, could you please suggest if I should apply for visa? What are the chances of approval? And if yes: Should I apply for visa while in US or from Pakistan. Even though document checklist remains the same.

Please suggest.
AOA Umar,

According to my experience, your case is week because you do not have any strong reason for getting trv although you have taken USA visa with multiple entries. For TRV, we should focus some below points.

1) Strong reason of visit. (I dont think so that only tourist or visit friend is strong reason in your case).
2) Travel History (You hold only USA visa). Therefore i suggest you that make your travel history better by visit UK or Europe before applying Canada TRV.
3) Strong ties with your home/host country. ( This is main point. In your case, you do not have strong ties with home/host country. Because first of all, you are single and you dont have any property related docs on your own name, on the other side, you dont have any blood relatives in Canada and other factors so on).
4) Funds. If you have minimum 5 lakh in your account then you can apply for visa.

In above description, first three points are most important for VO to consider visa issuance for any visitor.

Moreover, i would strongly recommend you that you should apply trv only from pakistan. If you will apply from New York then there are many chances to get refusal based on immigration status point. So dont take risk. I know some persons who got refusals when they applied from USA.

In a nutshell, it is my personal observation regarding your case. Other senior members can contradict my experience. I will advise you that if you are keenly interested to visit Canada then search any other suitable purpose of visit except tourist/meet friend as you are working in a reputed organization then you should take advantage of this by participating in any international forum.

Thank you.

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
Does anyone know how long it takes for the background/security checks on average? and also is the background check started before or after the eligibility pass of the case? Thank you

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hi everyone,

My parents would like to visit me in Canada for just 4 weeks during Christmas break. so I have following questions,. (Please note, I am a new immigrant, its been only 3 months I landed here, and I am still looking for job, however my parents has a good/fair bank statement and good travel history in last 5 years. Also they are not retired)

1.. Online application is a good option? If yes, Do every scanned document has to be NOTARIZED
2.. What about LETTER OF INVITATION, electronic PDF copy would be enough?
3.. Is processing times around 72 days?
4..What are chances of acceptance/refusal?
5.. What else I am missing?

Thanks for the help in advance...stay happy n blessed

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
Dear All,
AOA,

Hope you are doing great please advise me i want to visit Canada for about two weeks to my wife as we are expecting our first child in January, InshaAllah. below is my info.

My wife is Canadian pr and currently she is living in Canada with her parents in their own home.
I am a Pakistani national living in UAE since 3.5 years now.
I have around $5000 in my bank and i want to visit for about two weeks only just to spend time and welcome our newborn in the family.
we got married in march 2015 and did not applied yet for my PR visa.
please advise me if there are chances to get TRV? as my purpose of visit is very genuine and can provide doctors note as well.

Thanks and best regards,

Umar

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
umar441 said:
Dear All,
AOA,

Hope you are doing great please advise me i want to visit Canada for about two weeks to my wife as we are expecting our first child in January, InshaAllah. below is my info.

My wife is Canadian pr and currently she is living in Canada with her parents in their own home.
I have around $5000 in my bank and i want to visit for about two weeks only just to spend time and welcome our newborn in the family.
please advise me if there are chances to get TRV? as my purpose of visit is very genuine and can provide doctors note as well.

Thanks and best regards,

Umar
Dear Umar,

AOA,

Chances of getting trv depends on some factors like travel history, immigration status, strong purpose of visit, employment position, funds/property docs and strong ties with home/host country. If you think that you have at strong position by considering these points then should definitely apply for visa. Inshallah, Allah will help you. Thank you.

Isra Suhail

Sep 13, 2015
I'm Pakistani living in UAE .
My father has applied for Cananda TRV from Abu Dhabi VFS office and recently got refused. He is on investor visa in UAE staying her since 33 years. He had applied with the help of an agent. He provided all the required documents. And even he had showed that he wont take all of his kids with him to Canada, he would travel with my mom and 4 kids and 2 kids would stay in UAE with their grandparents .
He got rejected nd officer gave following reasons ..
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision.I would consideration several facyors, including :

Immigration status in country of residence
Family ties in canada and in country of residence
Purpose of visit
Employment prospects in country of residence
Current employment situation

Can anyone suggest what should we do now? :(
waqar.ahmad150 said:
Dear Umar,

AOA,

Chances of getting trv depends on some factors like travel history, immigration status, strong purpose of visit, employment position, funds/property docs and strong ties with home/host country. If you think that you have at strong position by considering these points then should definitely apply for visa. Inshallah, Allah will help you. Thank you.

Isra Suhail

Sep 13, 2015
Isra Suhail said:
I'm Pakistani living in UAE .
My father has applied for Cananda TRV from Abu Dhabi VFS office and recently got refused. He is on investor visa in UAE staying her since 33 years. He had applied with the help of an agent. He provided all the required documents. And even he had showed that he wont take all of his kids with him to Canada, he would travel with my mom and 4 kids and 2 kids would stay in UAE with their grandparents .
He got rejected nd officer gave following reasons ..
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision.I would consideration several facyors, including :

Immigration status in country of residence
Family ties in canada and in country of residence
Purpose of visit
Employment prospects in country of residence
Current employment situation

Can anyone suggest what should we do now? :(
FreeHelp4Pakistanis said:
Dear all Pakistani brothers and sisters,
kindly,join this thread to discuss all your queries, difficulties and problems regarding Canadian TRV(temporary residence visa).
This thread's sole purpose is to help each other,nothing else.
Regards

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
umar441 said:
Dear All,
AOA,

Thanks and best regards,

Umar
WS,

I hope things turn out positively for you. But i would want to tell you that CIC typically does not consider having child birth as a genuine ground for a visit from family member. They believe Canadian medical system is sufficiently helpful with child birth.

Having a spouse there living with parents in their own home creates a very likely possibility in their view for over stay. To them the proper way for you would be to apply for Spousal sponsorship and get PR that way.

In my opinion it is very likely to get a refusal. Doctor's note is not relevant unless there is some significant problem and doctor writes that the mother needs physical assistance from a family member that can only be you. Obviously she has family there who could help if needed.

Please understand i am just trying to express what i have seen CIC doing over the years. There is still no harm in trying.

All the best.

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
fkl said:
WS,

I hope things turn out positively for you. But i would want to tell you that CIC typically does not consider having child birth as a genuine ground for a visit from family member. They believe Canadian medical system is sufficiently helpful with child birth.

Having a spouse there living with parents in their own home creates a very likely possibility in their view for over stay. To them the proper way for you would be to apply for Spousal sponsorship and get PR that way.

In my opinion it is very likely to get a refusal. Doctor's note is not relevant unless there is some significant problem and doctor writes that the mother needs physical assistance from a family member that can only be you. Obviously she has family there who could help if needed.

Please understand i am just trying to express what i have seen CIC doing over the years. There is still no harm in trying.

All the best.
Thanks fkl,
Your opinion is notable. but I would give try and lets see what happens, InshaAllah.