april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
fkl said:
For all those who are barely asking for details of "how to apply for visit visa" or "checklist of documents for visit visa", the basic information is on CIC website. Go and read that through please.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/visit-visite.aspx?lang=eng

If you have any specific questions or things you don't understand, feel free to ask here.
I have seen the new rules and fees details
Applied last year in summer for my wife trv and rejected
But things hav a bit change now
Now she is working since sep 2013
Hav a steady job
She has $5000 in her personal account
And her father has almost $20000 in his personal account + property papers + saving certificates
So he can b the sponsor person more easily then me
Should he provide ?
1.affadavit 2.jobletter
3.bank statement 4. Property paper
Or anything else?
Do i have to write invitation letter?
The purpose of travel is to visit spouse in summer vacations... Is this enough ?
Wat is the best time to apply?
Should i apply right now?
Or should i apply in may?

sarfarosh9349

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Dear Friend

I have submitted my parent's TRV at Karachi VFS center on 14 Feb 2014. Since then there is only one line when ever I track it on VFS website that passports have been delivered to Islamabad on 17 Feb. There is no change in status since then. Is there any other way by which we can track the case

Thanks

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
Salam
I am a PR and live in canada I am planning to apply a visit visa for my parents could u please tell where my parents submitt application along with all documents they live in karachi .

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Hi!! I am living in yemen. Pakistani national and applying for trv. Husband is canadian and my spousal sponsorship is already in progress. How to show dual intent?i am now applying for trv.

Yemens trv applications r processed in Abu Dhabi embassy and biometrics r given there too. Now, my question is when to give the biometric? Right when I apply? Or when they request my passprt( in case of stamping visa) ..

Cz I don't want to waste money on an air ticket right now ,I don't even know if they r Gina accept my application.

What do I do?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
APAK said:
Hi!! I am living in yemen. Pakistani national and applying for trv. Husband is canadian and my spousal sponsorship is already in progress. How to show dual intent?i am now applying for trv.

Yemens trv applications r processed in Abu Dhabi embassy and biometrics r given there too. Now, my question is when to give the biometric? Right when I apply? Or when they request my passprt( in case of stamping visa) ..

Cz I don't want to waste money on an air ticket right now ,I don't even know if they r Gina accept my application.

What do I do?
You don't get to decide that yourself i.e. whether to give biometrics earlier or latter. Your application won't get past stage one of submission without those i believe. If CIC mandates it to be done at the time of application, then it has to be that way, if you are willing to apply. Check with the visa application center in Abu Dhabi about what do they do with this.

Also why don't you check if you could apply online? If the online system accepts, your attempt you are good to go.

There is nothing specially needed for showing dual intent, except that you attach details of your already submitted application along i.e. proof of sponsorship application both whether you are applying on line or on paper.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sam pk said:
Salam
I am a PR and live in canada I am planning to apply a visit visa for my parents could u please tell where my parents submitt application along with all documents they live in karachi .
WS,

They would submit application where they are currently living i.e. Karachi. Usually for parents, people apply for Super visa which is kind of visit visa but is valid for much longer periods of time. All the details of it are on CIC Isb website. Why don't you go through it first and get back here if you have any confusions?

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
fkl said:
You don't get to decide that yourself i.e. whether to give biometrics earlier or latter. Your application won't get past stage one of submission without those i believe. If CIC mandates it to be done at the time of application, then it has to be that way, if you are willing to apply. Check with the visa application center in Abu Dhabi about what do they do with this.

Also why don't you check if you could apply online? If the online system accepts, your attempt you are good to go.

There is nothing specially needed for showing dual intent, except that you attach details of your already submitted application along i.e. proof of sponsorship application both whether you are applying on line or on paper.
but i am already applying online..

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
WS,

They would submit application where they are currently living i.e. Karachi. Usually for parents, people apply for Super visa which is kind of visit visa but is valid for much longer periods of time. All the details of it are on CIC Isb website. Why don't you go through it first and get back here if you have any confusions?
Salam,
For super VISA, parents have to undergo medical exam or not. if they do, can they do medical exam first and submit their applications. Help would be greatly appreciated.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
deepocan said:
Salam,
For super VISA, parents have to undergo medical exam or not. if they do, can they do medical exam first and submit their applications. Help would be greatly appreciated.
WS,

They do have to undergo medicals. I am not very certain about doing it before hand, but in general one can do that if you are in a hurry for most kind of visas. I have seen people doing that for work or study permits. But i don't specifically remember that in case of super visa.

The only catch i suppose is, one - you have to correlate it i.e. have a record id for medicals done, that you provide to CIC isb when they ask for medicals plus also sync yourself with IOM to forward results when needed. The other factor of course is that medicals are only valid for one year - from the date it was conducted till when you actually fly. So make sure it doesn't beyond that. Else wait till CIC asks you to go through them.

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
WS,

They do have to undergo medicals. I am not very certain about doing it before hand, but in general one can do that if you are in a hurry for most kind of visas. I have seen people doing that for work or study permits. But i don't specifically remember that in case of super visa.

The only catch i suppose is, one - you have to correlate it i.e. have a record id for medicals done, that you provide to CIC isb when they ask for medicals plus also sync yourself with IOM to forward results when needed. The other factor of course is that medicals are only valid for one year - from the date it was conducted till when you actually fly. So make sure it doesn't beyond that. Else wait till CIC asks you to go through them.
Thanks for prompt reply.
Any idea, what is the time frame for processing super visa application in Islamabad these days.

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
For Super Visa, I think you might not be able to book an appointment with the IOM until and unless you do not have an official correspondence from CHC. You need to take that correspondence at the time of your appointment to the IOM office and they will verify. You can always call them IOM to confirm this.

The time frame is somewhere from 2 months up till 3 months. However on this forum there are people who waited quite longer than this to secure a visa.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I also agree that time line would be between 2-3 months. But it could be less or more depending upon your particular situation.

When you contact IOM for upfront medicals, you tell them before hand that i intend to save time and want to do it up front. Because you obviously do not have the 'medical required and instructions' letter from the embassy. Like already mentioned earlier, i don't know if they would allow this in case of super visa or not. Just that i have seen several people doing it successfully in other classes of visas.

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I also agree that time line would be between 2-3 months. But it could be less or more depending upon your particular situation.

When you contact IOM for upfront medicals, you tell them before hand that i intend to save time and want to do it up front. Because you obviously do not have the 'medical required and instructions' letter from the embassy. Like already mentioned earlier, i don't know if they would allow this in case of super visa or not. Just that i have seen several people doing it successfully in other classes of visas.
Thanks again.
I would definitely want to save time, I really want them to visit us in the summer and hope process to be completed in 3-4 month.

FreeHelp4Pakistanis

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2013