+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta PNP license?

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
Hello,
I want to apply for AINP Opportunity Stream as a truck driver.
Does my driver's license have to be Alberta's?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I want to apply for AINP Opportunity Stream as a truck driver.
Does my driver's license have to be Alberta's?
What permit are you on in Alberta? So you aren’t working for the employer now? You must be working in the occultation at the time of your application so would have an Alberta license.

At the time your application is submitted, and at the time the AAIP assesses your application, you must work in an eligible occupation in Alberta.

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
What permit are you on in Alberta? So you aren’t working for the employer now? You must be working in the occultation at the time of your application so would have an Alberta license.

At the time your application is submitted, and at the time the AAIP assesses your application, you must work in an eligible occupation in Alberta.
I didn't say anything about working.
I need to know if my driver's license have to be Alberta's to apply for AINP.
Do you know the answer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn't say anything about working.
I need to know if my driver's license have to be Alberta's to apply for AINP.
Do you know the answer?
But what work permit do you have to be eligible for AOS? You need to be on a work permit in Canada, and working in Alberta. Don’t know why you will not answer it. So ask your employer to find out. Or call AINP yourself.

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
But what work permit do you have to be eligible for AOS? You need to be on a work permit in Canada, and working in Alberta. Don’t know why you will not answer it. So ask your employer to find out. Or call AINP yourself.

If you don't know the answer or don't want to share it than don't reply.

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
Does anyone know if my driver's license have to be Alberta's to apply for AINP Opportunity Stream as a truck driver?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you don't know the answer or don't want to share it than don't reply.
If you don’t want to clarify since you are working in Alberta, not sure why you don’t have an Alberta trucking license. Just convert your provincial license to an Alberta one when you move to the province. So your provincial trucking license would be okay. A foreign license would not be valid.

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
If you don’t want to clarify since you are working in Alberta, not sure why you don’t have an Alberta trucking license. Just convert your provincial license to an Alberta one when you move to the province. So your provincial trucking license would be okay. A foreign license would not be valid.
You don't need to know if I do or why I don't have an Alberta license.
Again, I asked if the driver's license have to be Alberta's in order to apply for AANP Opportunity Stream.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You don't need to know if I do or why I don't have an Alberta license.
Again, I asked if the driver's license have to be Alberta's in order to apply for AANP Opportunity Stream.
YES, you do. You need an Alberta license to work in Alberta. Talk to your employer about getting your Alberta license.

• You must have the required licensing, registration or certification to work in your current occupation in Alberta.

Reactions: YVR123

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
Thank you for the answer, but those are outdated requirements from 2018. It says that short-haul truck drivers are not eligible, which is not a current info since after NOC code change to 73300 long and short-haul truck drivers are eligible.
Are you sure the driver's license requirement is still the same?

Foma Kiniaev

Sep 10, 2023
YES, you do. You need an Alberta license to work in Alberta. Talk to your employer about getting your Alberta license.

• You must have the required licensing, registration or certification to work in your current occupation in Alberta.
You don't talk to employer about getting Alberta license. You talk to Alberta Registry.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You don't talk to employer about getting Alberta license. You talk to Alberta Registry.
No but your employer is giving you the job offer so needs to know that you aren’t licensed to work in Alberta. Go into your local Alberta Registry and see if you meet the requirements to convert your provincial license.