+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
ainpdude said:
rascojenkins said:
I thought when you ask to withdraw your PR as FSW applicant it delays your PR based on provincial nominaton application?
sorry if my understanding is not correct....
but i dont think there should be any special delays due to withdrawing of FSW...
yes it definitely takes more time for a fresh PNP application to reach its conclusion
as opposed to converting and FSW in to PNP ......
Hi Ainpdude - I agree with you. These are two separate ways to PR and change in one has no impact on the other, as I believe. However it depends on CIC.

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
Good to see that AOR is coming for PNP folks. Best wishes guyz!!

Wonder if anyone who filed PNP to CIC in Nov-dec 2008 has received AOR. Nice to see that same is there (either check cashed or received AOR) for folks who filed in Jan-Feb 2009. But no idea on applications filed earlier. I noticed that Olu, Inge, and many others filed it earlier. Wonder if any of you have received AOR on your PNP application. Thanks again.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
No word from CIC yet :(

BTW I filed in Jan15 ... hopeful to hear something around mar15....

desiboy1 said:

Wonder if anyone who filed PNP to CIC in Nov-dec 2008 has received AOR. Nice to see that same is there (either check cashed or received AOR) for folks who filed in Jan-Feb 2009. But no idea on applications filed earlier. I noticed that Olu, Inge, and many others filed it earlier. Wonder if any of you have received AOR on your PNP application. Thanks again.

sbscheema

Feb 23, 2009
Hi guys,

Me and my wife just applied for Skilled Worker Class - Category 1 with my Wife as Principal Applicant. Now I am on H1B and am planning to apply for Alberta- H1B category too with ME as Principal Applicant

What is the procedure in this case? Would one of the application get rejected? Will I get refund for rejected application?

Please help me to decide if I should go and file for Alberta-H1B as well Or just the Skilled Worker would be good.. Would the Alberta-H1B be faster than Skilled Worker-Category1 ?
Regards
Cheema

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Folks, One more basic criteria added to the H1B stream

2. You must be currently working in the United States and possess
a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa
categories: H1-B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes
a final decision on the application;

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

We are lucky,Alberta adding more and more restriction to the H1B stream due to thousand of applications

This news is not good for new applicants

ingegarcia said:
Alberta is adding a new criteria to the H1B stream.... nothing to worry about for those who want to migrate to Alberta though

To qualify for this program, you must meet the following basic criteria:

1. A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta;

The rest of the criteria remains the same ....

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
hi all,

i had applied to cic on 30th dec,08 under AINP-SRS.......and so far no AOR.....my bank said my check was cashed on 14th jan,09........i got the B********* number stamped at the back of my check but when used on ecas nothing shows up........now my dilemma is that my daughter (non-accompanying member)has 2 leave 4 her boarding school in india at the end of march i.e. her medical has 2 be done b4 she leaves .....i wrote to cic-buffalo in this regard on 2/20/09 and got a response 2day saying that

"Permanent resident applications are created in our database and acknowledge letters are sent to the applicant within 30 weeks of receipt. Any application submitted without the required documents and information will be returned to the applicant.
Canadian Consulate General Buffalo.
Immigration Section.
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

so it seems to me that they are going to return my application or am i wrong?

ingegarcia said:

desiboy1 said:

akk

Sep 2, 2008
1)Since she is non-accompanying member I don't think she needs the medical...

2) CIC takes 12 weeks to send acknowledge, not 30...I wonder why they wrote 30 weeks...

3)Since they cashed your check I doubt they would return it. Some people got it returned, and that was 1 week or 2 after they have applied...
Since you applied dec 30 you can probably relax....

Akk

razbeen said:
hi all,

i had applied to cic on 30th dec,08 under AINP-SRS.......and so far no AOR.....my bank said my check was cashed on 14th jan,09........i got the B********* number stamped at the back of my check but when used on ecas nothing shows up........now my dilemma is that my daughter (non-accompanying member)has 2 leave 4 her boarding school in india at the end of march i.e. her medical has 2 be done b4 she leaves .....i wrote to cic-buffalo in this regard on 2/20/09 and got a response 2day saying that

"Permanent resident applications are created in our database and acknowledge letters are sent to the applicant within 30 weeks of receipt. Any application submitted without the required documents and information will be returned to the applicant.
Immigration Section.

ingegarcia said:

desiboy1 said:

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
akk said:

2) CIC takes 12 weeks to send acknowledge, not 30...I wonder why they wrote 30 weeks...

3)Since they cashed your check I doubt they would return it. Some people got it returned, and that was 1 week or 2 after they have applied...

Akk

razbeen said:
hi all,

Immigration Section.

ingegarcia said:

desiboy1 said:

hey akk, can you share where you had come across that CIC takes "12 weeks" to respond. I could not
find it on CIC site

C

cchabert

ainpdude said:
akk said:

Akk

razbeen said:
hi all,

Immigration Section.

ingegarcia said:

desiboy1 said:

hey akk, can you share where you had come across that CIC takes "12 weeks" to respond. I could not
find it on CIC site
It comes on the letter from Alberta when you get your nomination

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
razbeen said:
hi all,

Immigration Section.

Razbeen, we have exact same dates for application (sent on 30th Dec & reached CIC on 5th Jan) and check encashment (14th Jan). I haven't heard from CIC yet but I am expecting to hear sometime this week or the following week for AOR. If you haven't heard from CIC, then it means at least the documents are complete or else they would have returned to you within 1-2 week of your application receipt.

Taps

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
Tapak said:
razbeen said:
hi all,

Immigration Section.

Razbeen, we have exact same dates for application (sent on 30th Dec & reached CIC on 5th Jan) and check encashment (14th Jan). I haven't heard from CIC yet but I am expecting to hear sometime this week or the following week for AOR. If you haven't heard from CIC, then it means at least the documents are complete or else they would have returned to you within 1-2 week of your application receipt.

Taps
Great News.....Wish u the best. Sure U'll have LOR soon. Go Canada!!!

sbscheema

Feb 23, 2009
sbscheema said:
Hi guys,

Me and my wife just applied for Skilled Worker Class - Category 1 with my Wife as Principal Applicant. Now I am on H1B and am planning to apply for Alberta- H1B category too with ME as Principal Applicant

What is the procedure in this case? Would one of the application get rejected? Will I get refund for rejected application?

Please help me to decide if I should go and file for Alberta-H1B as well Or just the Skilled Worker would be good.. Would the Alberta-H1B be faster than Skilled Worker-Category1 ?
Regards
Cheema
Any one who can answer above questions?

Regards, Satinder

akk

Sep 2, 2008
It was written in one of the papers AINP sent along with nomination...12 weeks...

Akk

ainpdude said:
find it on CIC site

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
Flori said:
This is the link to a presentation from the Alberta goverment related to the AINP.
Maybe most of all you guy have already watched, but for those one who hasnt, its quite interesting.

http://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=lobby.jsp&eventid=128638&sessionid=1&key=16A4E5DA2854D37C20B13674CF24BBE5&eventuserid=21361414
Can someone please confirm what date was this presentation originally from. I would like to know this information in it is current as of when?!