+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
I have sent through USPS and paid around $2.00 extra for "signature conformation"

findude32 said:
Hi everyone, I mailed my package to CIC by Fedex overnight delivery to 3000 HSBC ......
I checked through track # but it says 'DELIEVERD'.
My curiousity is how do I know that package was delivered in Canadian consulate 'Immigration office' as I know that a big building and there r many offices in there.
Just curious did anyone else send through Fedex and display the same message.
NOTE: I already called Fedex and they ask me to wait until next week if they can find out and update me.
In the mean time i m just curious and cant wait to get answer since i m little panic now
Thanks!

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
ainpdude said:
Jay007 said:
no idea about AOR format

akk said:
Do you think this KXXX...Is your AOR?

Akk

Does anybody know what is the AOR format?

Jay007 said:
the application that CIC returned me, stamped with PNP.
they put some number KXXXXX somthing
friends, they had returned mine too some time back but for a gap in employment
date reason...
i believe the Kxxxx no. is not the AOR as it starts with Bxxxxx something... i might
not be right ....
Hi Ainpdude - Did you have FSW with CIC as well? I filed FSW in Aug & got provisional AOR today saying that they will process my application pending Minister's decision on new Immigration rules. My profession is not in 38 professions declared by CIC. I submitted AINP to CIC in Dec 08 & have no update on that. I am so confused on what should be done. While submitting AINP, I requested CIC to change FSW to AINP but don't think anyone even opened that application yet. I wonder if you or anyone who has been in a similar situation can guide me. Should I write them to change this to AINP or any other thoughts. Thanks a lot!

A

Albertagoverner

desiboy1 said:
ainpdude said:
Jay007 said:
no idea about AOR format

akk said:

Akk

Jay007 said:
date reason...
i believe the Kxxxx no. is not the AOR as it starts with Bxxxxx something... i might
not be right ....
Hi Ainpdude - Did you have FSW with CIC as well? I filed FSW in Aug & got provisional AOR today saying that they will process my application pending Minister's decision on new Immigration rules. My profession is not in 38 professions declared by CIC. I submitted AINP to CIC in Dec 08 & have no update on that. I am so confused on what should be done. While submitting AINP, I requested CIC to change FSW to AINP but don't think anyone even opened that application yet. I wonder if you or anyone who has been in a similar situation can guide me. Should I write them to change this to AINP or any other thoughts. Thanks a lot!
They are sending this letter to almost everybody because of Job cut and lay offs. In March there will be a meeting among Federal, Provincial and Municipal. They will figure out that How many immigrant they need or can accomodate in 2009. Most Probably Refugee Class, Work Permit Class will reduced.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
desiboy1 said:
ainpdude said:
Jay007 said:
no idea about AOR format

akk said:

Akk

Jay007 said:
date reason...
not be right ....
I'm in similar situation like you. I had sent FSW app ON 09/22/08 but still no AOR. I sent the AINP on 01/22/09 (received) with the invitation letter, no confirmation email. can you tell us which date you sent your FSW in august? Also update us on your AINP time line. (do you mean preassement or invitation letter package sent in December?) Also you cannot request AINP office to change your FSW to AINP, you can only do this once you receive your AINP certificate and file to CIC.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
desiboy1 said:
ainpdude said:
Jay007 said:
no idea about AOR format

akk said:

Akk

Jay007 said:
date reason...
not be right ....
Desiboy,
I sent my FSW CIC application in March,2008 and got my AOR number in August, 2008. When I wanted to start my AINP process in May/June, my law firm told me that I can convert my pending FSW application to AINP. But after i received my AINP certificate in December they told me that I have to send new CIC application. I also sent an email to Canada immigration, I got the same answer from them that I can NOT convert one application process to another. So my law firm sending new CIC application with AINP certificate.
If Canada Immigration consider my FSW File number(Bxxxxxxxxx) for my AINP, that could at least save one month time. If they don't consider then it will take 6-9months or more for complete process. Again no body knows what are the changes they are going to make in their meeting in March.

Thanks
Chow

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
chow said:
desiboy1 said:
ainpdude said:
Jay007 said:
no idea about AOR format

akk said:

Akk

Jay007 said:
date reason...
not be right ....
Desiboy,
I sent my FSW CIC application in March,2008 and got my AOR number in August, 2008. When I wanted to start my AINP process in May/June, my law firm told me that I can convert my pending FSW application to AINP. But after i received my AINP certificate in December they told me that I have to send new CIC application. I also sent an email to Canada immigration, I got the same answer from them that I can NOT convert one application process to another. So my law firm sending new CIC application with AINP certificate.
If Canada Immigration consider my FSW File number(Bxxxxxxxxx) for my AINP, that could at least save one month time. If they don't consider then it will take 6-9months or more for complete process. Again no body knows what are the changes they are going to make in their meeting in March.

Thanks
Chow
Hi Chow - Thanks to update me. Yeah it really is so confusing now. We pretty much r in the same boat. Hope it goes good & all of us get onto the path to be in Alberta.

Hey - wonder what have you decided to do with your FSW? withdrawl? processing PNP & FSW applications together at CIC? Is your application in evaluation at CIC or ON HOLD? I am sure that many of us have these questions & your response may help. I wrote to CIC but haven't heard back. You know any other email id or contact # to reach them. Pl share.

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
albertaorbust said:
desiboy1 said:
ainpdude said:
Jay007 said:
no idea about AOR format

akk said:

Akk

Jay007 said:
date reason...
not be right ....
I'm in similar situation like you. I had sent FSW app ON 09/22/08 but still no AOR. I sent the AINP on 01/22/09 (received) with the invitation letter, no confirmation email. can you tell us which date you sent your FSW in august? Also update us on your AINP time line. (do you mean preassement or invitation letter package sent in December?) Also you cannot request AINP office to change your FSW to AINP, you can only do this once you receive your AINP certificate and file to CIC.
Hi There - Thanks for sharing your timeline. I submitted FSW to CIC on 08/26/08 for which I just received provisional AOR (saying pending Minister's instructions on new immigration rules). I received my AINP nomination in early Dec 08 & submitted my PNP to CIC by 12/27. I have no update on that right now. I wrote to CIC while sending PNP with the certificate for this change but no response yet. hope it helps. Best,

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
Albertagoverner said:
desiboy1 said:
ainpdude said:
Jay007 said:
no idea about AOR format

akk said:

Akk

Jay007 said:
date reason...
not be right ....
They are sending this letter to almost everybody because of Job cut and lay offs. In March there will be a meeting among Federal, Provincial and Municipal. They will figure out that How many immigrant they need or can accomodate in 2009. Most Probably Refugee Class, Work Permit Class will reduced.
Hi AlbertaGoverner - Thanks man for this info. Really useful. Guess we have to close our fingers & wait till this happens now. A series of wait :)

How is your application process going? Any updates? Keep this thread up. I just joined & its so great here!

chow

Sep 23, 2008
desiboy1 said:
chow said:
desiboy1 said:
ainpdude said:
Jay007 said:
no idea about AOR format

akk said:

Akk

Jay007 said:
date reason...
not be right ....
Desiboy,

Thanks
Chow
Hi Chow - Thanks to update me. Yeah it really is so confusing now. We pretty much r in the same boat. Hope it goes good & all of us get onto the path to be in Alberta.

Hey - wonder what have you decided to do with your FSW? withdrawl? processing PNP & FSW applications together at CIC? Is your application in evaluation at CIC or ON HOLD? I am sure that many of us have these questions & your response may help. I wrote to CIC but haven't heard back. You know any other email id or contact # to reach them. Pl share.
Desiboy.
I don't know about my FSW application status. I am not withdrawing it. I know my FSW application noc is not listed in new 38 occupations list. So I am not thinking about it. See below the response I got from Canada Immigration Section( I got this response on 12/23/2008). I would say sending an email is the best way to contact them. I don't know whether they will respond to the same question from every one.

"
Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations, you may have two applications for permanent residence in process at the same time; however you may not change your immigrant category once you have submitted your application.

If you have already submitted an application in the Skilled Worker category and now would like to apply in the Canada Experience Class, you have two options.

Option 1: You may withdraw your Skilled Worker application and submit a new Canada Experience Class application with the required processing fee.

If processing of the Skilled Worker application has not begun, you will receive a refund of the processing fee for that application and all your supporting documents will be returned to you. Refunds take from 12 to 16 weeks. Please be advised that we will not hold any documents at this office in anticipation of a new application, nor will we be able to accommodate requests to transfer documents from one file to another.

If processing of the Skilled Worker application has begun, you will not receive a refund of the processing fee and your supporting documents will not be returned to you.

Option 2: You may allow your Skilled Worker application to remain in process and submit a Canada Experience Class application to be processed simultaneously. You will be required to submit documents/information as requested in order to meet the criteria of each category. When one of your files is finalized, the file still in process will be withdrawn.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
"

Thanks
Chow

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Good luck dna!!

dnataraj said:
razbeen said:
hello dna.....
hope u had a good holiday in india..... i was wondering if u had heard from cic, got AOR / med request etc ?....will appreciate any info to get an idea of the timeline as u were one of the first to send in the application to cic
thank you
razbeen
I am just watching this forum. I have no idea on my CIC status (I sent application on 5th Dec) as I am in India for last one month. My H1B stamping process is pending and God knows when they will stamp it. Once I am back in the US I will update you all.

-dna

akk

Sep 2, 2008
dnataraj,

When are you planning to come back? Were you that had an uncle receiving your mail? Isn't anybody here that could tell you if you received mail for CIC?

Akk

ingegarcia said:
Good luck dna!!

dnataraj said:
razbeen said:
hello dna.....
hope u had a good holiday in india..... i was wondering if u had heard from cic, got AOR / med request etc ?....will appreciate any info to get an idea of the timeline as u were one of the first to send in the application to cic
thank you
razbeen
I am just watching this forum. I have no idea on my CIC status (I sent application on 5th Dec) as I am in India for last one month. My H1B stamping process is pending and God knows when they will stamp it. Once I am back in the US I will update you all.

-dna

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
akk said:
dnataraj,

When are you planning to come back? Were you that had an uncle receiving your mail? Isn't anybody here that could tell you if you received mail for CIC?

Akk
Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to receive my mail in the US(NJ). I had activated "STOP DELIVERY" of mail at USPS which I have to receive personally when I come back.

I wish all of us get this Canadian immigration soon and say goodbye (or frustrating bye) to US H1B, job uncertainty, visa stamping hassles etc :)..

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
hey dna,
how about emailing CIC / AINP about the update on your AOR / med request....coz if u have got your med request there is a 60 day deadline & u dont wanna miss that my friend after all the work / anticipation.......u can get ur meds done while in india......
just a thought!
all the best
razbeen

dnataraj said:
akk said:
dnataraj,

Akk
Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to receive my mail in the US(NJ). I had activated "STOP DELIVERY" of mail at USPS which I have to receive personally when I come back.

I wish all of us get this Canadian immigration soon and say goodbye (or frustrating bye) to US H1B, job uncertainty, visa stamping hassles etc :)..

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
desiboy1 said:
desiboy,

I was in a similar situation but didnt have provisional AOR ... when I mailed CIC they asked me to file a seperate PNP
application... apparently some other applicants were able to switch FSW to PNP... so this whole conversion thing is not
clear at all... I mailed a seperate application to CIC with new PNP fees along with a letter asking them to switch FSW to
PNP...

to me since,,, my new PNP fees have already been encashed by CIC it seems like they have "not" converted the
earlier FSW..

the only thing that you might be able to do is incase you have sent a seperate fees for PNP.. then u could check
if it has been encashed... as per trackitt.com response one member was able to FSW to PNP just by requesting CIC
over FAX...

A

Albertagoverner

ainpdude said:
desiboy1 said:
desiboy,

I was in a similar situation but didnt have provisional AOR ... when I mailed CIC they asked me to file a seperate PNP
application... apparently some other applicants were able to switch FSW to PNP... so this whole conversion thing is not
clear at all... I mailed a seperate application to CIC with new PNP fees along with a letter asking them to switch FSW to
PNP...

to me since,,, my new PNP fees have already been encashed by CIC it seems like they have "not" converted the
earlier FSW..

the only thing that you might be able to do is incase you have sent a seperate fees for PNP.. then u could check
if it has been encashed... as per trackitt.com response one member was able to FSW to PNP just by requesting CIC
over FAX...
They are now asking for seperate petition. The conversion days are over. If you have applied for FSW and paid a application fees, they will ask to fill seperate forms with PNP cetificate and seperate fees. The previous paid fees will not be refunded or adjusted towards this application. To be more specific on your case situation, send an email to buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca