+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ainph1b said:
contrats walk,

hey great news !!!!!!!!!
my no. is between 140 to 150, i think we willl hear something next month I guess

keep in touch, don't go away......

hi all,

is there any news from maltido?

hi nat,

what is your progress, did you file your case ?

inge & olu

you should call now alberta, don't you think ?
Yes next week I am filing my CIC. Great to hear abt Walking..

I am bit surprised about Inge and Olu. I think you guys have to call Gingie. I read somewhere that she responds sincerely with updates.

Good luck.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rascojenkins said:
l am not very sure if alberta is going according to numbers. they send out invitations according to numbers but final processing is not. correct me if l'm wrong but it seems as if the sooner your application package is recieved the sooner it is processed. that is if 150 was recieved before 140 , 140 will be processed b4 150
Aren't numbers assigned based on received date? how can 150 be processed before 140 if it was based on the received date?

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Hello Everyone,

Nice to see lot of ppls are adding in this thread and that realizes everyone is moving to next stage.

Actually i just sent my pnp applications a week back and waiting to hear filenumber......... Since i took two weeks to prepare to sent pnp applications, thought to ask everyone here as anyway to prepare or be ready in terms of documents for CIC process to save some time....

Any thoughts or directions???

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I guess the processing speed depends on who's working on your case .......

rascojenkins said:
WELL IF YOU WERE 140 AND U RECIEVED YOUR APPLICATION AND KEPT AND 150 RECEIVED HIS AND MAILED IT OUT B4 YOU THEN I THINK HE'S WILL BE PROCESSED B4 YOURS

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
findude,

you are right on the money. i was going to ask same thing politely but dkidn't know how to communicate that.

I am really interested in reading from people and learning from others while i contribute too. However it is frustrating when people come to a thread and ask "non-relevant" question for the specific thread.

Many people on this website are helpful. Just make sure you post your question on the appropriate thread.

This thread is for people who has gone past Alberta nomination process.

THIS WILL GO A LONG WAY IN ENCOURAGING PEOPLE NOT TO LEAVE THE THREAD.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
I called gingie 5 minutes ago after reading dnataraj's suggestion. She said my nomination certificate was isuued on Nov 10.

Now I have to make up my mind wether I should do PnP or continue my FSW. My FSW was transferred to Detroit and I am waiting for medicals. I will give then 1 week before withdrawing FSW for my dear Alberta PnP.

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
findude32,

I totally agree with you and didnt realized that these kind of questions will deviate this thread to other directions.. will delete the irrelevant qs..

With the help of these kind of fourms, we are trying to help each other by sharing info and experience.. nothing more or nothing less...... i feel nothing to scare..

Still completely agree with u and will remove the irrelevant qns in this thread and post it in appropriate place.

Good Luck to everyone in all stages........

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
QUICK QUESTION.

I received the nomination package. It has no certificate and they said it has been mailed directly to CIC. They however included an official confirmation of my status as an Alberta nominee.

The issue I have with Alberta now is that they said in the letter that they informed CIC to treat my pending FSW as a PnP. I do not want them to do that. i am almost at medical stage and would not want them to stop my FSW. My PnP is goo till may 2009 so i am scared that will make them withdraw my FSW without me asking CIC to do that. My FSW was transferred to detroit and I expect an IA/Medicals by first week of december (2 weeks).

Should i call Alberta/CIC/Detroit that i do not want to be treated as a PnP yet but wait for IA/Medicals under FSW if it will come in 2 weeks? I think Pnp will take 6 month for CIC stage but since my FSW is almost at IA/Medical stage, it will take 3-4 months to PR.

confused now....lol

olu

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
olusolalekan said:
QUICK QUESTION.

I received the nomination package. It has no certificate and they said it has been mailed directly to CIC. They however included an official confirmation of my status as an Alberta nominee.

The issue I have with Alberta now is that they said in the letter that they informed CIC to treat my pending FSW as a PnP. I do not want them to do that. i am almost at medical stage and would not want them to stop my FSW. My PnP is goo till may 2009 so i am scared that will make them withdraw my FSW without me asking CIC to do that. My FSW was transferred to detroit and I expect an IA/Medicals by first week of december (2 weeks).

Should i call Alberta/CIC/Detroit that i do not want to be treated as a PnP yet but wait for IA/Medicals under FSW if it will come in 2 weeks? I think Pnp will take 6 month for CIC stage but since my FSW is almost at IA/Medical stage, it will take 3-4 months to PR.

confused now....lol

olu
Olu,

I too had same issue. However I had not gotten my AOR. My PNP package also has a covering letter saying they have communicated to CIC and informed about my pending FSW.

This is what I did.

I directly called the officer who had signed my PNP certificate and explained him the complication and my intention to withdraw FSW. Although he suggested that I can save some time if I convert my FSW, he said I can always withdraw my FSW and submit PNP afresh.
And I am doing so.

So, in your case, what you can do is just inform CIC that you have got PNP nomination also, which will NOT backtrack your FSW, but take it forward from the point where it is now and may be even faster. This is the my impression.

To be safest call the officer who signed your PNP and explain him. They are very good and listen patiently. I guess he will suggest the same.

Who knows, you will be in Alberta before end of this year itself and can welcome us when we get ours!! :)

Good luck.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If an FSW is already in a final stage, what will changing it to PNP actually do? Will they not just process it as a PNP at the same stage the FSW already was in which case there would not be any difference?

And why would you want to withdraw an FSW and apply again for PNP if changing your FSW to PNP would be faster?

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
olu,

what nat is saying is right, they will not backtrack from the stage you are in FSW right now, PNP will only enhance your case, anyway this is my personal feeling, it is better to confirm with CIC or alberta.

toledoresident

farhath99

Nov 3, 2007
Dear Friends,

I would like to know how I can apply for PNP for Alberta. I'm an Instrumentation Engineer and currently working in Saudi Arabia. I don't want to apply for Federal Skilled Worker as it takes too much time.

Please advise me on how I can get approved for PNP in ALBERTA. Help me guys.. i need your recommendations & suggestions. Thanks everyone..

FYK